My dogs paw cut on broken glass

I recently had to take my dog  to the vets for an operation on his front left paw costing nearly £400 pounds  thankfully he is insured, 

The reason being broken glass that people smash be it broken beer bottles or any other smash able glass how hard can it be too take bottles that are empty and throw them in the bin, Im not bothered about the cost of the operation as i would pay the earth for my little one, what i want to know is what pleasure do people get from doing this, im totally disgusted in humanity right at the moment given that i pick my dogs waste up and through it away responsibly, why cant others be like minded.

So angry.    

Im in the Lowedges area, i mean the shard of glass in my dogs paw wasn't massive by any stretch of the imagination and the likely hood of seeing it on the floor would have been pretty low but it caused him so much pain that he couldnt put his paw to the floor, either way  it has made me look out more for broken glass in the area and its disgusting, only last night on my road i took a sweeping brush out to clear a broken beer bottle up nearby where my dog walks just for his safety,

its gets me so mad that the instant a dog crouches down to have a poo and before you have had the chance to pull a doggy bag out that theirs some idiot that that shouts clear that dog muck up, but its another story for those that deliberately smash broken glass, i suppose its all in aid of a good laugh for them that do it but next time it could be a child that gets hurt seriously or otherwise.

Edited by Leadhammer

It all comes down to how you were brought up. If I had smashed a bottle for "fun" no doubt I would have been punished for doing it. Kept indoors while your mates were all outside playing some game or other seemed a very harsh punishment back in the day.

If my two dogs had been injured by glass and the culprit could be caught, I would be angry, very angry and no doubt would tell them so.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

On 13 May 2019 at 00:30, Leadhammer said:

how hard can it be too take bottles that are empty and throw them in the bin,

Unfortunately that's not the point.

They either drop the bottles when they are too drunk to hold on to them or they smash them for fun because their mates are doing it. Antisocial behaviour pure and simple. Another symptom of the 'me' society we now live in 😕

I hope your pooch's paw heals OK. Cuts to the paw can be nasty especially if the pad is cut as it is very difficult to stitch

It's not poor scummers all the time. I was at a posh function a couple of weeks back in leafy Hampshire and the amount of smashed glasses at the end of the night was incredible. It wasn't drunk butter fingers, it was idiocy.

Guest makapaka
41 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It's not poor scummers all the time. I was at a posh function a couple of weeks back in leafy Hampshire and the amount of smashed glasses at the end of the night was incredible. It wasn't drunk butter fingers, it was idiocy.

Who said anything about it being “poor scummers”

42 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Who said anything about it being “poor scummers”

Sorry dad.

I don’t drink in the street, maybe nice respectable, but clumsy people do.

13 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

It all comes down to how you were brought up. If I had smashed a bottle for "fun" no doubt I would have been punished for doing it. Kept indoors while your mates were all outside playing some game or other seemed a very harsh punishment back in the day.

If my two dogs had been injured by glass and the culprit could be caught, I would be angry, very angry and no doubt would tell them so.

Angel1.

Oh believe me Angel1 if i had caught the individual or individuals that do such things id have followed them home with broken glass in tow and posted it back through there letter box and i know that that wouldn't make me a better person but the thought had crossed my mind, just wished that people would be more responsible, id welcome anyone to use my wheelie bin that wished to disguard of an empty beer bottle rather than smash it against the floor/ground failing that the council provide bins at local shopping areas, and heaven forbid even for them to take there own home and disguard there.

i was very angry that this happened at the time just glad that he is now able to walk properly again and bandages have come off.

thanks to all that have wished him well, he goes back to the vet today for a final checkup on it and hopefully all cleared.

Leadhammer.

Edited by Leadhammer

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Sorry dad.

I don’t drink in the street, maybe nice respectable, but clumsy people do.

Maybe it was people on the way home from a posh function.

I find it is a good thing  to always pick glass bottles up if you see any while out and about.  It`s a lot harder to clear the mess up after a bottle has been broken-you never seem to get all the tiny splinters.

Edited by Janus