To live a thousand years.

10 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

A lovely thought for the day.  :gag::hihi:

true though, a long slow decay

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

true though, a long slow decay

Look on the bright side Mel,  you might get to see the Owls in the Prem.

Just now, Padders said:

Look on the bright side Mel,  you might get to see the Owls in the Prem.

i wont cos i dont go :P

oh you meant figuratively? not literally

11 hours ago, melthebell said:

As soon as you're born you are dying

As soon as you're conceived, you are dying.

How I see it is the following . If it became possible for a person to live for a thousand years,only the super rich will be able to access it. Consequently, it will not significantly

contribute to overpopulating the plant. No need for sterilising.

It's not for the likes of us. The super rich will be partying on sustained by your internal organs.

Edited by petemcewan

8 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

How I see it is the following . If it became possible for a person to live for a thousand years,only the super rich will be able to access it. Consequently, it will not significantly

contribute to overpopulating the plant. No need for sterilising.

It's not for the likes of us. The super rich will be partying on sustained by your internal organs.

You're thinking short term. Longer term, as with all tech and medical advances, price comes down. Humans have a natural desire to survive and procreate. I expect in the future there will be ways to slow the aging process from birth, as well as the colonisation of different planets. It may even become possible to fast track elements of evolution through DNA modifications.

WiseOwl182,

I think you place too much faith in "Market Forces".  Maybe I'm pessimistic. I can't see a benevolent future society doling out the longevity to all and sundry.

If you are old, frail and alone you are more likely to get the LCP.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2161869/Top-doctors-chilling-claim-The-NHS-kills-130-000-elderly-patients-year.html

Edited by petemcewan

3 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

WiseOwl182,

I think you place too much faith in "Market Forces".  Maybe I'm pessimistic But I can't see a benevolent future society doling out the longevity to all and sundry.

If you are old, frail and alone you are more likely to get the LCP.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2161869/Top-doctors-chilling-claim-The-NHS-kills-130-000-elderly-patients-year.html

The richest section of society wouldn't take long to become a saturated market. Prices would then gradually fall to increase the market size.

On 13/05/2019 at 21:58, WiseOwl182 said:

The richest section of society wouldn't take long to become a saturated market. Prices would then gradually fall to increase the market size.

Yes, just look at the market for luxury yachts.  (Facetious to be fair.  If the treatments were actually cheap to produce once R&D was complete then the price would fall, if the treatments were actually expensive in materials, like yachts, then the price would not fall).