Antisemitism

3 hours ago, Tony said:

As I said before

Perhaps you aren't a denialist / antisemite and despite the contents of this thread you simply aren't aware of the scale and facts. I can help you with that. Here's just one organisation set up specifically to protect the physical safety of Jews in the UK. https://cst.org.uk/about-cst 

650 buildings. 1000 events.  That's astonishing don't you think? It's a big enough problem for the Home Office to provide tens of millions of pounds of funding to protect Jews from physical harm on these shores. It's shameful that this needs to happen in the UK in 2020. 

Not to protect children from being physically attacked just because they of their ethnicity they don't. Come on tinfoilhat, you're a bright bloke, don't just argue for the sake of it with me, you know it doesn't wash. You're a gnats **** off spouting Jewish conspiracy tropes. Let's not go there.

You seem to be a gnats nut from putting words in my mouth from a request for more information.  No Jewish conspiracy here.

As pettytom stated, security at schools varies hugely. There have been a few times I’ve gone to deliver at schools and I quite literally could not gain access. I’ve done Jewish events at a holiday inn - im not sure if that was on the list you linked. I’m not denying antisemetism or its existence, I’ve got Jewish relatives who were extremely concerned about its increase, and had huge concerns about corbyn and the Labour Party, but I’d be surprised if the raising numbers of antesemetic attacks aren’t mirrored by the number of attacks on Muslims. The far right has evolved and enlarged. 

8 hours ago, Tony said:

No, not like in WW2.

Halibut, mate, you're not actually saying that Yaxley Lennon should be firebombed are you?

No, I'm not saying that; I'm merely pointing out that  while ''lifting  people up to our level with kindness and learning. '' is a laudable and desirable aim, sometimes it's not enough and direct action becomes neccessary. Think Battle of Cable Street. 

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

I dont think there is antisemitism on its own.

If we have antisemitism then its just a population that cannot use the correct words, PC gone mad.

I find it quite astounding that an apparently sane and reasonable individual could hold this view in 2020; you have access to the internet - there are many many accounts available for you to read of Jewish people who have experienced antisemitism in this country.

Please go and do some research.

21 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I find it quite astounding that an apparently sane and reasonable individual could hold this view in 2020; you have access to the internet - there are many many accounts available for you to read of Jewish people who have experienced antisemitism in this country.

Please go and do some research.

I get abuse, but I am not Jewish or a coloured person, so the abuse I get doesnt exist?

36 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I get abuse, but I am not Jewish or a coloured person, so the abuse I get doesnt exist?

But you aren't getting abuse for being Jewish. Or a Muslim. Etc.

Surely you get the picture. 

And who is abusing you El Cid? Do have any idea why?

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

And who is abusing you El Cid? Do have any idea why?

All depends what you call abuse/antisemitism? Is the definition something which is upsetting to me?

Many people get abuse because of their polical affiliation; Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon is moving to Spain because of it.

12 minutes ago, El Cid said:

All depends what you call abuse/antisemitism? Is the definition something which is upsetting to me?

Many people get abuse because of their polical affiliation; Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon is moving to Spain because of it.

Are you Stephen Yaxley Lennon? 

If not, why is that relevant to what TinFoilHat asked you?

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Is that a real question?

I *think* I have unscrambled the quotes correctly, apologies if not H.

12 hours ago, Halibut said:

No, I'm not saying that; I'm merely pointing out that  while ''lifting  people up to our level with kindness and learning. '' is a laudable and desirable aim, sometimes it's not enough and direct action becomes neccessary. Think Battle of Cable Street. 

I'm trying -  maybe not succeeding much - to be more in tune with the people I know / knew with tattoos on their forearm, first, second or third hand.

I'd like to think we're trying to battle <removed> with brains and a bit of compassion. I don't want this thread to become political but in passing  I hope we'll agree that the  Corbyn acolytes are pretty high up on the antisemitism scale whether they know it or not and because of them the Cable St thing is so tainted these days that their sensibilities and the false pride that emanates thereof seem to have become more important than the point of Cable St , ie antisemitism and fascists on the street. Cable St has become a bit like Woodstock and I simply don't believe the people who roll it out with claims that they (or their family) were there and down with the kids on the day. It's become a cool meme to be trotted out, not a point of reference with a real purpose. It's become an affectation with no more social impact outside their peer group than a mullet haircut.

At the end of the day this is all so much so-so. I still think that the way to not be a filthy racist is to not be a filthy racist and I don't give a tinker's what sex, gender, race, caste, nationality, or whatever you are. Just treat people as individuals instead of groups.

Edited by Groose
Masked swearing

8 hours ago, Tony said:

I *think* I have unscrambled the quotes correctly, apologies if not H.

I'm trying -  maybe not succeeding much - to be more in tune with the people I know / knew with tattoos on their forearm, first, second or third hand.

I'd like to think we're trying to battle <masked swearing> with brains and a bit of compassion. I don't want this thread to become political but in passing  I hope we'll agree that the  Corbyn acolytes are pretty high up on the antisemitism scale whether they know it or not and because of them the Cable St thing is so tainted these days that their sensibilities and the false pride that emanates thereof seem to have become more important than the point of Cable St , ie antisemitism and fascists on the street. Cable St has become a bit like Woodstock and I simply don't believe the people who roll it out with claims that they (or their family) were there and down with the kids on the day. It's become a cool meme to be trotted out, not a point of reference with a real purpose. It's become an affectation with no more social impact outside their peer group than a mullet haircut.

At the end of the day this is all so much so-so. I still think that the way to not be a filthy racist is to not be a filthy racist and I don't give a tinker's what sex, gender, race, caste, nationality, or whatever you are. Just treat people as individuals instead of groups.

OH the irony,

you mention...... " I don't want this thread to become political but in passing  I hope we'll agree that the  Corbyn acolytes are pretty high up on the antisemitism scale"

and then proceed to say....... "Just treat people as individuals instead of groups".

you  yourself Tony do treat people as groups , unfortunately you cant see it..?????

Edited by Groose

This thread is not to turn into a political thread.

14 hours ago, El Cid said:

I can't believe you said that.  Especially in the context of me pointing out to you that antisemitism is a real thing and asking you to go and read accounts of Jewish people suffering threats, abuse and violence, simply because they're Jewish.

It isn't about you - and frankly, it strikes me as utterly bizarre that you attempt in that logic-defying sentence, that you try and make it so.

Here's an article in the New Statesman; please read it and reconsider your statement ''If we have antisemitism then its just a population that cannot use the correct words, PC gone mad.''

4 hours ago, banjodeano said:

OH the irony,  you mention...... " I don't want this thread to become political but in passing  I hope we'll agree that the  Corbyn acolytes are pretty high up on the antisemitism scale"

and then proceed to say....... "Just treat people as individuals instead of groups".

you  yourself Tony do treat people as groups , unfortunately you cant see it..?????

The OP started the thread with a link to Jeremy Corbyn!

The only claim of antisemitism I have recently seen in the news has involved the Labour party, I think it is political, to discredit the Labour party.

16 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The OP started the thread with a link to Jeremy Corbyn!

The only claim of antisemitism I have recently seen in the news has involved the Labour party, I think it is political, to discredit the Labour party.

So the Wiley thing has passed you by has it!?

And the Halle attack trial in Germany?