Antisemitism

Well, that's a massive cop out.

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

@CaptainSwing I haven't mentioned Corbyn once.  Everyone else, I refer you, once again, to the link in the OP and the speech linked later. 

I remain, ABSOLUTELY stunned at many responses in this topic. That anyone dare demand I should defend myself against the smears and lies within some responses tells a sad story of the anti-Semitism opined in the OP. 

The point, and even the nuances intended, will have been understood by anyone with any awareness. I'm out of this cesspit.

There is no antisemitism you dearly want it so you have deliberately engineered your responses to manufacture some

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

@CaptainSwing I haven't mentioned Corbyn once.  Everyone else, I refer you, once again, to the link in the OP and the speech linked later. 

I remain, ABSOLUTELY stunned at many responses in this topic. That anyone dare demand I should defend myself against the smears and lies within some responses tells a sad story of the anti-Semitism opined in the OP. 

The point, and even the nuances intended, will have been understood by anyone with any awareness. I'm out of this cesspit.

No one here wants a return to the 1930s  anti-semitic climate, ever, and thankfully many hundreds of thousands gave their lives so that we shall never. 

We have come a long way from those dark days and have learned much.  And one of those things, thanks in no small part to Pastor Niemoller's poem, is our duty to speak up for those who are finding themselves vulnerable victims of evil acts by authorities, whether that be Saudi Arabians, Syrians, Palestinians, Jewish people, or disabled people in the UK, so that evil shall never triumph on such a devastating scale ever again. 

This is an interesting article, pre-Corbyn era:

Why this obsession with Israel and the Palestinians?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/jun/22/obsession-israel-palestinians-conflict

I've never understood what seems to me to be a recent obsession of Labour and Palestine, especially all the Palestine flags waved at last year's Labour conference in Liverpool.  Don't we have enough problems of our own in the UK to tackle?  What about flying a few union jacks instead?

Or has it just got more out of control because of Corbyn's poor leadership qualities?   

Shadow Foreign Secretary Emily Thornberry delivered a defiant speech, condemning antisemites and those wishing for Israel’s destruction as fascists. 

Calling for their expulsion, her speech should have been the one Jeremy Corbyn delivered.

But the fact that those who have been expelled were visible at conference, being embraced by MPs and trade union leaders, obliterated the suggestion by Corbyn that he has done all he can. 

Once more in his speech Corbyn ducked the opportunity to show personal leadership in tacking antisemtism on the left.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/corbyn-has-turned-his-party-into-a-new-plo-palestine-labour-organisation/

1 hour ago, Tony said:

The link in the OP specifically highlighted Corbyn’s association with those people. So your “I haven’t mentioned Corbin once” can be clearly seen for what it is.

melthebel summed up this thread in post #40

The term "globalist" is now being regarded as anti-Semitic now.  So if you want to speak out against globalisation/globalists, watch out.

The forces of globalisation are not entirely Jewish at all.

I don't know or care who originally made this quote but its a good one..."to find out who rules over you, you must find out who you're not allowed to criticize". 

Edited by Yeah but

Locking as requested.

Edited by Groose

Now opened as requested by the OP.  Be respectful to other users.

I believe it's a white nationalist in the US.

Has falsely been attributed though a story passed thru my Twitter feed last week about it

Thought this was an interesting piece from Emma Barnett.

BBC News - Emma Barnett: Why Wiley's anti-Semitic tweets 'burn deep'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53559160

And now Wiley has really really doubled down.

BBC News - Wiley: Rapper abuses Jewish critics on Facebook
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53560502

What a horrible human being.

I notice the right are back on their favourite subject after Wee Tommy becoming an "asylum seeker" in spain (LOL, irony meter explodes)

Nick Griffin tweeted something with zionist hash tag (think hes trying to get at leftist dark forces being used by Israel), then the comments are all slagging off Tommy Robinson for being a "jew"? and a picture of him wearing Israeli defence force t shirt

Edited by melthebell

12 hours ago, melthebell said:

I notice the right are back on their favourite subject after Wee Tommy becoming an "asylum seeker" in spain (LOL, irony meter explodes)

Nick Griffin tweeted something with zionist hash tag (think hes trying to get at leftist dark forces being used by Israel), then the comments are all slagging off Tommy Robinson for being a "jew"? and a picture of him wearing Israeli defence force t shirt

Presumably you mean this https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tommy-robinson-flees-spain-family-22429002.amp

Yaxley Lennon is a thoroughly unpleasant individual but surely we make the world a better place by lifting  people up to our level with kindness and learning.

What has never, ever, worked is dragging people down into the gutter, or for that matter by firebombing their family and hounding them out of their home and country. That applies whether you are a Jew or a Tommy Robinson because we shouldn’t take pleasure in fascism just because we don’t like the target of the fascism.

Can we agree on that?

Edited by Tony