sufc to sign wednesday forward

On 13/05/2019 at 12:27, Brooker11 said:

Curran did a bit of a cutting his nose off to spite his face move, Big Jack didn't cave into his demands at S6 so he jumped ship in retaliation.

People seem to forget Curran dropped two divisions to play for the club he supported and loved,VERY FEW footballers do that,but Terry did and took a haircut wages wise.I cant think of any first teamers off hand that have done that?

He only asked for a compatable wage,it wasnt extortion,the rests history,obviously our neighbours offered him the terms we wouldnt and he made his point by pulling on a utd shirt

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

That price tag though 😂 It's even had a good few Wednesday fans laughing!

For that you could buy any of Daniel Sturridge, Javier Hernandez, Dom Calvert Lewin, Danny Welbeck, Danny Ings, Rondon, Troy Deeney..... Literally a whole host of players with Premier League goalscoring experience. 

What exactly has Forestieri done to warrant such a hefty price tag?... I reiterate that famous saying! You are only as good as your last season!

Proper goalscorers with recent form such as Ollie McBurnie, Gwight Gayle and Jay Rodriguez would all be more than attainable on those sorts of valuations! All with 20+ goals this season and multiple assists!

All of which have actually touched the Premier League playing field at some point, all of which in very fine form.....

I'd much rather punt for Neil Maupay, he'd be available for that sort of money. Again hasn't touched a blade of Premier League grass, but neither has Forestieri....But, he has a rich form of late.

If wednesday accept a more realistic valuation of around £5m, then maybe I would consider playing ball.

Anyone who believes that a bloke who is 30, with a world beating 32 Championship goals over the last 3 seasons is worth anything more??....Who are you kidding seriously!

Cracking goal against Norwich, is this where we get the sudden, ridiculous, over-inflated valuation from?

Don't get me wrong, I do like Forestieri despite the earlier jest.... But that said, I probably like the forestieri of a few years ago as opposed to the one who hasn't really done much of late. Be more realistic in valuation and yeah, i'd give him a chance, but not for half Chansiri's asking price!

Only one place Mcburnies going to and its home town club,leeds,can see him running down his contract to get his way,cracking player at this level,Gayle and rodriguez would command decent fees in todays market,25M plus,Id put maupay in the same bracket,Brentford arent mugz and asked Burnley to pay 21M for one of thier fullbacks ,inflated prices filter down when when clubs get minted

Spot on with FF valuation,if we got 5/6M id be well chuffed

8 hours ago, cmonkes said:

That price tag though 😂 It's even had a good few Wednesday fans laughing!

For that you could buy any of Daniel Sturridge, Javier Hernandez, Dom Calvert Lewin, Danny Welbeck, Danny Ings, Rondon, Troy Deeney..... Literally a whole host of players with Premier League goalscoring experience. 

What exactly has Forestieri done to warrant such a hefty price tag?... I reiterate that famous saying! You are only as good as your last season!

Proper goalscorers with recent form such as Ollie McBurnie, Gwight Gayle and Jay Rodriguez would all be more than attainable on those sorts of valuations! All with 20+ goals this season and multiple assists!

All of which have actually touched the Premier League playing field at some point, all of which in very fine form.....

I'd much rather punt for Neil Maupay, he'd be available for that sort of money. Again hasn't touched a blade of Premier League grass, but neither has Forestieri....But, he has a rich form of late.

If wednesday accept a more realistic valuation of around £5m, then maybe I would consider playing ball.

Anyone who believes that a bloke who is 30, with a world beating 32 Championship goals over the last 3 seasons is worth anything more??....Who are you kidding seriously!

Cracking goal against Norwich, is this where we get the sudden, ridiculous, over-inflated valuation from?

Don't get me wrong, I do like Forestieri despite the earlier jest.... But that said, I probably like the forestieri of a few years ago as opposed to the one who hasn't really done much of late. Be more realistic in valuation and yeah, i'd give him a chance, but not for half Chansiri's asking price!

You do realise this "valuation" is the speculation of a journalist who's widely know to be a little economical with the truth.

On 13/05/2019 at 22:51, barry-333 said:

What do you really think he is worth?   I like him and the Championship is cruel to some very skillfull players and he has suffered. He needs a fresh start and maybe will get one under SB. If he is for sale I would say £6m and CW may be tempted (subject to terms)

He would fit into our style

3-4m tops. He's been injured a lot since his first season.  

13 hours ago, cmonkes said:

He's a decent player, probably worth 8-10 million if performing at his peak. I can't see FF and CW hitting it off though:)

My bet is on this being a Wednesday initiated story to make sure that people know he's available and to try to hike the price a bit.

A bit of an overview - He was fantastic in his first season, one of the tp 5 players in the division, a player who could win a game on his own.

2nd season we had the Norwich debacle which was nver fully explained but possibly resulted in other players coming in on more money, he never quite picked up the pace that season.

3rd season he had an opertaion to cure an injury but broke down soon after this led to a further op on a cruciate ligament which put him out for months, he made a comeback towards the end of that season and had a great run of games scoring goals again.

4th season started the season under Jos but was in and out with hamstring problems, also had the farciacal Mansfield court case hanging over him, returned to apparent full fitness at the end of the season and scored one of the goals of the season at Norwich.

His current value would be about £5-8m if he could have a good pre-season and comeback fit under Bruce he could be a key player.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:22, petcharlie said:

Is your first language English .I WILL FORGIVE YOU NEVER BOUGHT THE GUARDIAN IN MY LIFE and someone would have to hold a gun to my head to buy that toilet paper called the Sun I USE ANDREX.AS FOR FOREST GUMP I think he would be the last player I would sign for my beloved Blades .Did he do a runner without telling anyone that he had gone home/Turned up when HE decided the time was right and then only puts 50%effort in if he thinks he;s not bothered.I tell you mate he would not last a month at the lane he would have his a--e well and truly kicked.Only been one from the dark side that's been up to scratch and that was Quinn all the others were poor.I say so now and I said so at the time now whats fickle about that?There is not one in the Owls team I would swap for any of ours and if you look at the final league table I think even a small minded Sun reader could spot why.That's if the Sun has printed it correct of course.I am not holding my breath.

Yes it is, so before you criticise I suggest you check your own writing skills, back to the point though, and most football fans are fickle and 'dem Blades' have cheered many ex Owls over the years, regardless of your personal opinion of their worthiness, you do know you have not always played like Barcelona eh ?

I'm looking forward to see how Wilders brand of football holds up in the Premier League, he's done well in the lower leagues, I will give him that, I suggest you enjoy the moment though, from what I have seen both Leeds and Villa already look better equipped for the top flight than you lot will be :wink:

2 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Yes it is, so before you criticise I suggest you check your own writing skills, back to the point though, and most football fans are fickle and 'dem Blades' have cheered many ex Owls over the years, regardless of your personal opinion of their worthiness, you do know you have not always played like Barcelona eh ?

I'm looking forward to see how Wilders brand of football holds up in the Premier League, he's done well in the lower leagues, I will give him that, I suggest you enjoy the moment though, from what I have seen both Leeds and Villa already look better equipped for the top flight than you lot will be :wink:

What a load of garbage I can see you are a Sun reader and thanks for admitting we are playing like Barcelona great attacking football do you know what that is?You and a few others may get a shock next year just as you did the year before when according to the dark side we would struggle in the Championship and we would not last two seasons in it.Well you were all right we did not last more than two seasons 🤣.Thanks to the best manager in football which all managers have agreed we are in the prem not that I like the prem but the money is handy.You are right of course you are Leeds and Villa are well equipped to deal with the prem they are full of actors and cheats and divers so they should do well.If we come down so what we will have 75 mill parachute money to help us with our terrible loss😂One thing for  sure it will not be a team from the Dark side that will take our place. We will look down on you from our Ivory towers while you struggle yet again in the Second class league .You have not got alot going for you really have you in Sheff 6 it must be hurting when you glance across the city at our surging run up the football pyramid don't worry it is something you will get used to in time.

The baiting and bickering stops here.

2 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Perhaps the Blades will be the next Leicester City of the Premier, no I don't mean winning it but after a rickety start until Ranieri took over, the Foxes' have a 'go at 'em' style that has seen them well since, what is their lowest position , perhaps 8th ? The Blades will be ok

13 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

The target for us blades is pretty straight forward....Anything outside of the bottom 3 is a bloody good season!

Surviving a season in the top flight would put us in the best financial position that we have been for some time. Couple that with the new owners that await on the sidelines!...

Finish 4th bottom and I would be a happy chappy!...Anything higher is a bonus in itself!

By the sound of things emanating from the court room your financial situation couldn't be much worse.

10 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

How do you work that out?

Two owners battling for ownership of the club.... Both intent on selling the club to investors who await on the sidelines. 

From the £12m received in selling Brooks, a large percentage was invested back into first team football.....all in all, our books have been balanced the best they have been in decades! 

The mud slinging coming from the courtroom is expected and it has no relevance to the sound financial state of the club. The prince didn't keep up his obligations is the be all and end all of it....But McCasbe jumped in as always and protected the welfare of the club. 

Premier league promotion, along with the minimum £94m windfall is more than enough to look after us in the short term. 

But.....I expect non the less from the scaremongering neighbours!... Got loads right in recent years after all!

Might be worthwhile looking towards the club who haven't submitted annual accounts yet due to irregularities and FFP breaches?... The only club in the Championship incidentally!

Hahahaha terrible post, the "mudslinging" was Kevin McCabe speaking under oath that he wants to sell up as he cannot sustain a "financial blackhole" they are the words of your chairman not mine. £70m of McCabes own money have balanced the books - nothing else. You also had to borrow money at some stage during last season.

Whats your proof on the last statement, its quite inflammatory, I'm assuming you have something to back it up.