Trouble with Printer.

Hi, I keep getting an error message when trying to print.  "your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem, 0x8007007e" Has anyone else had this or knows what to do to solve this problem ? Cheers Colin.

Without knowing what make of printer you've got, and whether it is linked by cable or wireless to your pc, I'd say the best things to try are;

Download the latest driver for the printer - and if that doesn't work, re-install the printer.

Am assuming that the printer has worked at some time previous to getting the error message - if not check if the printer is compatible with the operating system (presumably a version of windows).

A similar situation resolved by someone on this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/edge_other-edge_win10/edge-printing-error-0x8007007e/64c1f0d1-2661-4e18-83af-06de7283284e

When I saw the error my first thoughts were a 'spool' problem, which technically, is what it relates to - missing .dll

Edited by swarfendor437
typo

Delete the old printer and then re-install. Or buy a new one at Curry/PC world, was there on Saturday £28 for Canon ptinter, scanner, copier, cheap as chips. Although when new the printer ink is not full, so you are obliged to buy some really.

Angel1.

21 hours ago, Longcol said:

Without knowing what make of printer you've got, and whether it is linked by cable or wireless to your pc, I'd say the best things to try are;

Download the latest driver for the printer - and if that doesn't work, re-install the printer.

Am assuming that the printer has worked at some time previous to getting the error message - if not check if the printer is compatible with the operating system (presumably a version of windows).

Hi longcol, printer is hp 3520 all in one. I have updated drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled. Basically tried just about everything but still it wont work from Laptop.  If I email doc's to tablet it will print from there, so I suspect it's an issue with edge. 

20 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

A similar situation resolved by someone on this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/edge_other-edge_win10/edge-printing-error-0x8007007e/64c1f0d1-2661-4e18-83af-06de7283284e

When I saw the error my first thoughts were a 'spool' problem, which technically, is what it relates to - missing .dll

Hi Mate, I saw that earlier but could not get my head round it, I had a go at following it but gave up after a few minutes because I could not find the files..

1 hour ago, pitsmoorboy said:

Hi longcol, printer is hp 3520 all in one. I have updated drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled. Basically tried just about everything but still it wont work from Laptop.  If I email doc's to tablet it will print from there, so I suspect it's an issue with edge. 

If it's an issue with edge (presumably the browser Microsoft Edge) why not try a different browser like Chrome, Firefox or Opera?

Good luck anyway!

There are posts about this issue on the HP forums. If you have a look at this one you will see that using a browser other than Edge fixes the problem (and Edge may be sorted at a later date).