Whats Kiveton Park Like? (S26)

i used to go threw kiverton every day for 15 years to work at shireoaks near worksop.

and once nearly bought a house there.

its not a bad ex pit village:thumbsup:

I thought I would reply to this post in case anyone was looking for more recent views on Kiveton Park. We have lived at the Hard Lane end of Kiveton for 26 years and  the village has changed considerably in that time. The colliery closed about 25 years ago and the site is now a community woodland. There has also been a considerable amount of new housing development, mainly owner occupied. 

Our sons attended the Meadows Junior School and Wales High School, in our opinion both very good schools.

The village has excellent transport links, being only 5 minutes drive from J31 of the M1 and the M18. There are regular buses to Sheffield, Rotherham and Worksop and we have two train stations with frequent trains to Worksop, Lincoln, Sheffield and an hourly service to Leeds. It is 10 minutes drive to the Halfway Supertram Park and Ride.

Services in the village include a medical centre, NHS/private dentist, supermarket, post office and chemist, as well as a number of other smaller shops and take-aways. There are four pubs  and two restaurants in the Kiveton/Wales/Todwick area and one in Harthill.

The new Kiveton and Wales village hall provides an excellent venue for local activity groups and the recreation ground and former colliery offices development have an excellent range of sports facilities, including tennis courts and floodlit sports pitches. There are numerous sports and community groups in the village.

The former colliery site is now Kiveton Community Woodland and provides an attractive area for fishing, walking and  cycling and when it snows is a great place for sledging. There is direct access onto the Chesterfield canal path from the village. The walk between Shireoaks and Kiveton is considered to be the most picturesque part of the canal.

Rother Valley Country Park is a short drive or cycle from the village and Clumber Park in Worksop is a 25 minute drive.

Unfortunately, there are a few parts of the village, particularly along the main road, that require a bit of attention. Hopefully these less attractive spots and the road surface will soon be improved. In my opinion Kiveton has much to offer, a good variety of housing and a very convenient location.

Edited by Flower-girl