we have several fox at lowedges no problem with cats,but they did get into and killed a pet rabbit,so beware and ensure rabbits,chickens are well protected

There are foxes on Bowden wood Littledale, has been for years, one used to call every night at around 10.30 - 11.00 pm, I'd stay up just to watch her/him, Nowadays Bed wins over the fox but the food is gone in the morning.

We get lots in our back garden, I love to watch them. 

A friend of mine with twenty something cats, also feeds a family of foxes. She says they would only attack a cat if it was injured, I.E if they could smell blood?

On 18/05/2019 at 22:32, Buggz said:

Thank you!

They're great at keeping the rat population down if that's any consolation.

Great pictures.

Sorry but I dislike foxes and I have put deterients out to try and stop them pooing in my garden.  They especially like to poo outside the door and it stinks.  Feeding them encourages them into our gardens and prevents them from being natural hunters. Sheffield is surrounded by woods and fields which is a  natural habitat for them.

I live at Stannington and about 2am this morning I heard a commotion and got up to have a look. Opened blinds and came face to face with a fox in garden!!! It was very big, glad I was inside lol

I have a family of foxes over my back wall they cause no problems to me we have  a cat he just fine they keep out each other's way .live and let live they not harm us 

On 10/05/2019 at 19:16, spider1 said:

No they dont a fox would never go for a cat not fast enough if they did anyway .  A cat is  extremly  dangerousl if it attacked/  Try just picking one up if it doesnt know you.  They prob got run over

A neighbour saw a fox with my cat in its mouth, and I found the cat's decapitated body lying in the street.  Definitely not run over!

On 10/05/2019 at 19:16, spider1 said:

No they dont a fox would never go for a cat not fast enough if they did anyway .  A cat is  extremly  dangerousl if it attacked/  Try just picking one up if it doesnt know you.  They prob got run over

So you are saying all the people that have seen foxes killing cats are making it up how arrogant of you. There are a big variation in cats, i have seen some chase Alsatians off and get the better of a rottweiler but others just don't have the ability and some would be unable to stand up a single fox let alone 2 or more.

A fox is a wild animal and although welcome for rodent control in built up areas and a pleasure to see and i certainly wouldn't want them persecuted, they also shouldn't be encouraged to associate with people. They are beautiful creatures but have there natural vicious side, bit like the missus (i hid her reading glasses so she won't be able to read this).