3 hours ago, taxman said:

I'm in Walkley and we have regular foxes in the garden. This morning there was a big male and a couple of days ago a much shyer youngster.

I put out dog food....this is for all the wildlife, I have foxes, hedgehogs and wandering cats so it's a case of who gets the food first.

There is never any conflict between the foxes and cats, some of the cats round here are bigger than the foxes. They just ignore each other.

Mother does the same, she had a badger in once. Her cat is weary when the fox is about but there's been no trouble.

3 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

When I was trucking, early morning there were Fox's in the Meadowhell car parks .

Angel1.

Never heard of it, anyhow back in the real world I watched one on the CCTV in the front garden about an hour ago, also seen the occasional badger on the front too.

We have a family of foxes who live  at the end of our lane.  They come to be fed and are very tame. They keep coming back with more  cubs . They're  quite cute 

They're not just a Sheffield thing: urban foxes have been common for years. Even so, having lived in Oxford, London, and Bristol before I moved to Sheffield, I never managed to see one...  My first was crossing Northumberland Rd (years ago), and, since moving to Greno, we've had the pleasure of individuals passing through the Temuchin estate. And leaving a calling card...

I'm in Walkley and I get foxes in my yard and their poo stinks to high heaven.

One of my cats had its head bitten off by a fox, so I'm not a great fan.

My sister has a cat with a leg missing due to a fox, so conflict is possible.

However I'd say the chances of anything like that happening are very small, so I wouldn't worry about it.

We have foxes and cubs in the fields by us

We see them quite regularly here in S11. I was hanging out my washing one sunny afternoon and a fox trotted across the lawn a few feet away from me, totally unconcerned.

3 hours ago, lectrolove said:

We see them quite regularly here in S11. I was hanging out my washing one sunny afternoon and a fox trotted across the lawn a few feet away from me, totally unconcerned.

Ive chucked scraps out and seen a cat eating at the side of a fox and no drama. :huh:

On 09/05/2019 at 15:56, geared said:

Foxes are common across the country.

I doubt they'd pose much of a threat to cats, they're abit too quick and agile.  Foxes love to go after chickens and stuff.

Lost 2 cats in the past to Foxes, they have been known to go for cats late at night....

Every confrontation between a cat and a fox that I have seen has had the cat easily coming out on top.

1 hour ago, Ghozer said:

Lost 2 cats in the past to Foxes, they have been known to go for cats late at night....

No they dont a fox would never go for a cat not fast enough if they did anyway .  A cat is  extremly  dangerousl if it attacked/  Try just picking one up if it doesnt know you.  They prob got run over

Edited by spider1

14 minutes ago, spider1 said:

No they dont a fox would never go for a cat not fast enough if they did anyway .  A cat is  extremly  dangerousl if it attacked/  Try just picking one up if it doesnt know you.  They prob got run over

it was years ago, we found the cat, mauled, was no dogs in the area, and we had heared the foxes the night before.... happened with two cats of ours, confirmed foxes (veterinary check / post mortem)