Probably a daft thing, but are foxes a particularly Sheffield thing, or limited to certain parts of Sheffield.  Before I moved here and I had never seen a fox in real life, but just last night I saw two - one crossing a busy London Road as i was driving home around 9.30pm and another wandering around Meadow Bank Avenue in Nether Edge.  I've heard a lot about foxes here - and there is a fox graffiti on a couple of walls around NE, so I wondered if they are a 'thing' in that part of town.

Do they pose much of a danger to cats.  I have a new one, and he's itching to go out and explore.

Foxes are common across the country.

I doubt they'd pose much of a threat to cats, they're abit too quick and agile.  Foxes love to go after chickens and stuff.

Edited by geared

Seen a dead fox by canal near attercliffe last month.

3 minutes ago, dutch said:

Seen a dead fox by canal near attercliffe last month.

That one will definitely pose no risk to cats.

They were very common in the area we used to live in until last year - Barber Road / Commonside / Springvale. Even seen a vixen with cubs sunning herself on the grass at the bottom of our road.

i live at lowedges and we see lots ,all times of the year,no problem with cats in our area,but lowedges was fields before houses and is surrounded by fields,hedges ect.

We used to have a vixen visiting the bottom of our garden when we lived in Parson cross..on one occasion with cubs

I'm in Walkley and we have regular foxes in the garden. This morning there was a big male and a couple of days ago a much shyer youngster.

I put out dog food....this is for all the wildlife, I have foxes, hedgehogs and wandering cats so it's a case of who gets the food first.

There is never any conflict between the foxes and cats, some of the cats round here are bigger than the foxes. They just ignore each other.

When I was trucking, early morning there were Fox's in the Meadowhell car parks .

Angel1.

My aunt had a cat killed by foxes, a neighbour saw it and told them that whilst one confronted the cat another took it from behind, wiley and sly they are.

We see one most nights go past the house up the road,and then later on going back down to the brook in the bottom of Barnsley Rd.

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

i live at lowedges and we see lots ,all times of the year,no problem with cats in our area,but lowedges was fields before houses and is surrounded by fields,hedges ect.

Same im also in the lowedges area see loads of foxes particularly around the perimeter of the transport ground living quite happily along side cats, see them most nights only a few meters away from cats washing themselves there no problem.