Princes Gardens Development S2

Hi Everyone

Thinking of purchasing a property on this development, due to the good quality housing.

I wanted to know the opinions of other Sheffielders.  I am keenly aware of the area surrounding it, but am hoping that the gentrification of the area will make it improve.

Would you guys move here if you found a great property on it?

Thanks

Whereabouts is it?

lol sorry, obvious mistake there!

It is in S2, just off Prince of Wales road.  Near Manor/Fairlea

There are good and bad areas everywhere, 

We moved into the keep moat development off Park Grange Road and we are very happy here. Because everyone is a new neighbour we generally have a good community spirit. 

So ....yes I would move into a new housing development again ignoring its past history 👍

sometimes areas get sorted ,but the past is always mentioned,which is wrong,areas do improve if the people ect work at it

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

sometimes areas get sorted ,but the past is always mentioned,which is wrong,areas do improve if the people ect work at it

Some areas improve, some stay utter holes.

I think it's more to do with the people who live (or are put) there.

There have been "gentrification backlashes" in some parts of the country.

And it didn't work well here:

Residents leave landmark Salford regeneration project after rise in crime and vandalism

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/residents-leave-landmark-salford-regeneration-13742443

the trouble is as i stated,some areas get better,BUT THE ones that you want to leave go elsewhere and cause problems,then if council owned these people drag the waiting time down and that often makes the area worse.

Hi I live across the field from these new builds I have to be honest with you, while these houses were been built the builders were having big problems with theft and fires. We watched a group of teenagers threaten a security guard with a hammer. They told him to stay in the hut or they'd kill him. This group of teenagers with some grown men went on to destroy and set on fire a JCB. They smashed windows and put graffiti everywhere. We had police on speed dial. The whole area been a living nightmare. The company building these homes say they care about the area. They DON'T !!

All they care about is selling and renting these houses. Unfortunately there are a few people who are not happy about these homes been built and I met one on the field. He was high on crack and told me he had a knife in his shoe. He told me Queen Mary estate was the best years of his life, until they kicked them all out to build this ****. He was extremely angry and I was actually scared to walk away. He told me he was terrorising the site and making the builders life hell. He then told me wait while people move in. He told me they had no right to live there. This man was homeless but felt drawn to this site because of happy memories.  He worried me greatly he told me demons were taking over his body and he'll kill loads. He obviously has serious mental health problems. But I fear for future people moving onto the estate. I've spoken to a few who have just moved in and I've tried to make the aware of passed problems. I'm surprised the builders haven't been more honest. People are already having major problems.

Then lets move onto the houses themselves.  I've heard from hotpoint engineer's that the appliances haven't been put in properly and are balanced on blocks of wood. 

Then this brings me on to the bathroom window's. Our houses face the new builds. Most of the houses have black glass in the bottom of the window's. This weekend I was washing the pots looking out on the field when to my horror I saw some bathrooms don't have black glass and you can see everything. The peoples in the homes have no idea. I've thought about letting them know. They obviously think the glass in frosted enough, but it isn't even in day light you can see everything.  People say don't look but my kitchen sink looks out over the field. While washing pots I've always looked out of window. So if you do move in check the bathroom glass is blacked out. 

I think there is been a backlash because people feel they were moved out for the council to sell the land. Unfortunately the new residents will suffer.

We know it's stupid to feel this way but when your dealing with the mindset of someone who is high on crack there is know reasoning with them, they only see their point of view.

Since peoples moved in we've seen things. Young man that just appear from no where. They are obviously jumping over the back of peoples houses and God knows what they've been up to.

The out lay and design makes it a easy get away. The tend to target houses near the field because it's easy get away.

I've lived here over 25 years and I've seen that field be used for many crimes. Once the big fences come down then the real problems will start. The builders are going to put a small fence up around 1ft high.  Then cars will be stolen and driven like a race track up and down and finally dumped in the ponds. How do I know this?  Before your homes were built there was a metal thick fence and huge rocks to stop cars driven on the field. Sadly it was a big problem for residents. We also get targeted by youth throwing eggs and snowballs. The other thing that happened to my partner he was fixing the window when someone took a shot at him and shot our window out. It nearly give my partner a heart attack. 

If you do buy a home stay away from the field. 

But if I was you I'd really look elsewhere if you can. The homes across from you I know they'll do everything possible to keep a eye out. With our homes over looking this site we see so much. The builders are well aware of the problems with this site. 

They should be honest about the problems. But they won't even look after the field and pathways and behind our homes. The litter is a huge problem same with overgrown plants and BlackBerry bushes. I reported them for the amount of litter and dog poo. We are getting black poo bags thrown in garden. I asked for dog poo bins but the development just done nothing. There is broken glass and building materials everywhere. How can they call it "prince's gardens" it should be called prince's dumping ground. It's disgusting.

I've been very honest with my view point. I hope it helps you in some way.

All my neighbours are great lovely hardworking people who want a wonderful community, but it's been spoiled by outsiders who don't live on our road.

You also said about "the housing been good quality" I'm sorry to tell you but I've heard it is not good quality by tradesmen who have visited to repair 

They've told me they look nice but they are shocking.

Thanks for the feedback. When you say houses near the field, do you mean the bottom field, or the small bit of grass near "D'Hood"?

The new housing that's been built runs from the back of Prince Edwards school bang opposite there is a pond. I wouldn't buy any of those homes all the way down to the next school  St Theresa primary school. The reason is because of what we've seen and the easy access to get away using the field.

I'm sorry I didn't reply straight away but unfortunately I've been ill. Sorry for the long delay.

Since I wrote to you in May I've noticed the amount of alarms going up especially near the field with the duck ponds.

We've seen plenty of youths jumping over fences. People have had items stolen from their gardens. 

If they can lift it they sadly will take it. I know me and our neighbours try to keep a eye out for any criminal activity. 

Many of us have dogs and are always walking on the field and we have a lovely community that look after each others homes and property. 

There are some lovely caring people on this new housing development and I know they'd look out for others properties. In time I should imagine their should be a lovely community once it's fully open site.  But I worry people will move out because of trouble. I've spoke to a few and they told me the company who were building the properties are providing security for the houses. But all we've seen is the security stay in the area of building works, but they need to do a better job because the people who are stealing use wheelbarrow and dump them in the walkway between the field and Kilvington crescent. I saw 3-wheelbarrows just dumped there and a group of people carrying something heavy, trying to run. They'll take anything.

So if you did decide to buy or have bought just be mindful what you leave outside and make sure your home is secure and sound. I've seen many putting camera's up and extra lighting. 

But I know many who own their home's on the a joining estates are so happy to see new owners taking pride and been a happy friendly community and if we work together we can protect each others property and be a great community.

You have a great Christmas and all the very best for the New year to you and your family.