Jump to content

The price of football tickets

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Explain how it was a business model built on sand....

 

McCabe has had the opportunity to increase prices, but to achieve what? The increase in revenue per season would be bare minimum!

 

The chairman's heart has always been with his club. Year upon year he has made a commitment towards affordable football for the whole family. We are a club who has cut it's cloth accordingly in order the try and keep the books as balanced as possible, any shortfalls have been covered by our fine owner. 

 

I ask you again..... How have Sheffield Wednesday benefited from the increase in ticket prices?... In the league, they haven't! Financially....I suppose you will have to wait to the annual accounts, but revenue from match day tickets is minimal....... And bums on seat?? Massive casualty!! Families are now being priced out of watching their football club. 

 

The McCabe model is a model that should be followed by many!..... It has brought continued support, high level season ticket sales, a large amount of POTG foot traffic......A much more financially stable club! A successful club!

 

McCabe is a wealthy man, but his pockets aren't bottomless.....Enough has been enough for some time. He has just continued in being selfless, for the love of his club primarily!

How is is a massive casualty when crowd numbers are up on pre DC years?

 

How can it be financially stable when he said in court that he had to put his own money in to stop its demise, that isn't and has never been financial stability no matter how you dress it up, he admiited he had to dig in his own pocket just to pay staff wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

How is is a massive casualty when crowd numbers are up on pre DC years?

 

How can it be financially stable when he said in court that he had to put his own money in to stop its demise, that isn't and has never been financial stability no matter how you dress it up, he admiited he had to dig in his own pocket just to pay staff wages.

I don't know where you are trying to go with this.

 

McCabe is 71 years old and has funded a largely loss making operation for , i guess around 20 years. He wants out , its not new news.

 

Historically when the Sheffield clubs were in the same division then Wednesdays attendances were 10%-20% higher than United"s.

The last few seasons we've been in the same division its been the other way round. Its down to cost....nothing else.

 

The Blades have had plenty of offers,like quid a kid over the last decade and this has helped build up the fan base. Personally i don't think U16's should pay more than a fiver to watch football.It makes good business sense in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, atticus said:

I don't know where you are trying to go with this.

 

McCabe is 71 years old and has funded a largely loss making operation for , i guess around 20 years. He wants out , its not new news.

 

Historically when the Sheffield clubs were in the same division then Wednesdays attendances were 10%-20% higher than United"s.

The last few seasons we've been in the same division its been the other way round. Its down to cost....nothing else.

 

The Blades have had plenty of offers,like quid a kid over the last decade and this has helped build up the fan base. Personally i don't think U16's should pay more than a fiver to watch football.It makes good business sense in the long run.

How do United’s gate receipts compare to Wednesday’s in the last few years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

How do United’s gate receipts compare to Wednesday’s in the last few years?

Not sure mate , Wednesday haven’t published their accounts for some reason .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, atticus said:

Not sure mate , Wednesday haven’t published their accounts for some reason .

Last years are available though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

How is is a massive casualty when crowd numbers are up on pre DC years?

 

How can it be financially stable when he said in court that he had to put his own money in to stop its demise, that isn't and has never been financial stability no matter how you dress it up, he admiited he had to dig in his own pocket just to pay staff wages.

You absolutely love to twist facts in order to make them read a completely different way don't you? Seriously......bias.

 

On paper, we were on of the healthiest clubs in the league financially. Our losses a fraction of the majority of the league....fact!

 

Factor in the money from the Brooks sale and we would be up there with the healthiest.... But that particular money was sensibly invested into new player acquisitions, with the remaining £4-5 yet to come.

 

So let's just twist around your complete inaccuracies, back into actual truth shall we??..... 

 

You are correct, McCabe did have to put his hand into his pocket to pay wages!But why?.....Because OWNERS pay wages and running costs!! This is what they do....hence why Bolton staff didn't get paid, so on and so forth!!......The role of a chairman is to fund the day to day operations of a football club......

 

Why did McCabe have to do it?....Because our supposed investing co-owner, didn't cough up what he should have!....

 

Football clubs in the Championship ARE A LOSS MAKING BUSINESS...... Owners do have to cover shortfalls and losses! The only way to avoid them is to secure promotion to the top flight and to become a profitable club!

 

Fact is fact.......we still ran at significantly less losses than the majority of the league! FACT!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Last years are available though

Could be wrong but I thought the last published accounts were for 16/17 season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, atticus said:

Could be wrong but I thought the last published accounts were for 16/17 season 

They’ll be last year’s accounts, won’t they ?

 

In any case, why not compare gate income for 2016/17?

 

You can leave out any money laundering/dodgy loans etc. Just money, from fans, through the gate.

Edited by Pettytom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

They’ll be last year’s accounts, won’t they ?

 

In any case, why not compare gate income for 2016/17?

 

You can leave out any money laundering/dodgy loans etc. Just money, from fans, through the gate.

Go ahead and compare away ..... but you do realise that we’ve had another 2 seasons since then ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

You absolutely love to twist facts in order to make them read a completely different way don't you? Seriously......bias.

 

On paper, we were on of the healthiest clubs in the league financially. Our losses a fraction of the majority of the league....fact!

 

Factor in the money from the Brooks sale and we would be up there with the healthiest.... But that particular money was sensibly invested into new player acquisitions, with the remaining £4-5 yet to come.

 

So let's just twist around your complete inaccuracies, back into actual truth shall we??..... 

 

You are correct, McCabe did have to put his hand into his pocket to pay wages!But why?.....Because OWNERS pay wages and running costs!! This is what they do....hence why Bolton staff didn't get paid, so on and so forth!!......The role of a chairman is to fund the day to day operations of a football club......

 

Why did McCabe have to do it?....Because our supposed investing co-owner, didn't cough up what he should have!....

 

Football clubs in the Championship ARE A LOSS MAKING BUSINESS...... Owners do have to cover shortfalls and losses! The only way to avoid them is to secure promotion to the top flight and to become a profitable club!

 

Fact is fact.......we still ran at significantly less losses than the majority of the league! FACT!

 

The only bias in this thread is from you. United have had fire sales of players much to the fans disgust for years not sure what happened to the Brooks money but cash was borrowed from a third party for player purchases, after years of mistakes McCabe struck lucky with Wilder, no more no less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

The only bias in this thread is from you. United have had fire sales of players much to the fans disgust for years not sure what happened to the Brooks money but cash was borrowed from a third party for player purchases, after years of mistakes McCabe struck lucky with Wilder, no more no less.

Oh look more inaccuracies, or at least worded to make it look a lot worse than it actually was 😂😂.

 

A loan note was indeed draughted against the monies due from Bournemouth, again due to HRH not putting up as he was meant to. 

 

Player purchases were made against the Brooks money and as installments received, all of which have been immediately paid. Do you not know how football works? Do you not understand the concept of business?

 

Keep clutching mate, keep clutching....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, redbig said:

We were mid table when he came, we're mid table now. 

Because the pay on the gate prices are so high that the only way to watch Wednesday at a reasonable price is to get a season ticket ?

We did have two decent seasons until the wheels came off, I'm not disagreeing that the cost of tickets would be more appealing if they were lower, I'm pointing out that he delivered on spending to justify those price increases, unfortunately it did not pay off, like I said you can't guarantee success, but when the team has been on form ( and not so injury prone) the performances have been much better than for most of the last 20 years IMHO !

Oh and don't forget some of those goals we have seen eh :wink:

Edited by Michael_W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.