Jump to content

The price of football tickets

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

How is is a massive casualty when crowd numbers are up on pre DC years?

 

How can it be financially stable when he said in court that he had to put his own money in to stop its demise, that isn't and has never been financial stability no matter how you dress it up, he admiited he had to dig in his own pocket just to pay staff wages.

You're getting off topic. The ticket prices at respective clubs have nothing to do with their losses, in the scheme of things

 

Wednesday have CHOSEN to charge more than anyone else in the league, and as a result, crowds last season seemed be around the 23-24k mark - Take away fans off and that's few, if any, POG.

 

I dare say there'll be United games in the premier next season which are cheaper than Brentford at home on a Tuesday night, how can that be right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redbig said:

You're getting off topic. The ticket prices at respective clubs have nothing to do with their losses, in the scheme of things

 

Wednesday have CHOSEN to charge more than anyone else in the league, and as a result, crowds last season seemed be around the 23-24k mark - Take away fans off and that's few, if any, POG.

 

I dare say there'll be United games in the premier next season which are cheaper than Brentford at home on a Tuesday night, how can that be right ?

The football under Jos was dreadful thats the main reason crowds were down, they'll be back up next season with the same prices if we are competing at the top.

 

You can't compare Premier to Championship on ticket prices, they have many more revenue streams so can afford to charge less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why should they say "forget the fans, they'll pay it if we do well". Why should it be like that ? ?

 

Right what about this year ? They were in the same division but charged less ?

 

Forget FFP, parachutes, premier money etc. Clubs can CHOOSE to set prices at £30-£40 or they can CHOOSE to set prices at £20-£30. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, redbig said:

Why should they say "forget the fans, they'll pay it if we do well". Why should it be like that ? ?

 

Right what about this year ? They were in the same division but charged less ?

 

Forget FFP, parachutes, premier money etc. Clubs can CHOOSE to set prices at £30-£40 or they can CHOOSE to set prices at £20-£30. 

 

 

United have had an owner for 20yrs that has bankrolled them, he's sold any players of any value just to keep the club runnning, the Owls had years of bad financial decisions that alnost sent the club bust, it was rumoured we were losing £5m a year when DC took over, something  had to change.

 

Incidentaly I don't disagree with the fact that the POG prices are too high but there are plenty options not to pay it, I rarely do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

United have had an owner for 20yrs that has bankrolled them, he's sold any players of any value just to keep the club runnning, the Owls had years of bad financial decisions that alnost sent the club bust, it was rumoured we were losing £5m a year when DC took over, something  had to change.

 

Incidentaly I don't disagree with the fact that the POG prices are too high but there are plenty options not to pay it, I rarely do.

Again, the state of United's or Wednesday's finances is nothing to do with this. DC has already said ticket income has no bearing. If we continue to stagnate in mid table he'll have no choice but to drop the prices 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.