The price of football tickets

21 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Last years are available though

Could be wrong but I thought the last published accounts were for 16/17 season 

1 hour ago, atticus said:

Could be wrong but I thought the last published accounts were for 16/17 season 

They’ll be last year’s accounts, won’t they ?

In any case, why not compare gate income for 2016/17?

You can leave out any money laundering/dodgy loans etc. Just money, from fans, through the gate.

Edited by Pettytom

20 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

They’ll be last year’s accounts, won’t they ?

In any case, why not compare gate income for 2016/17?

You can leave out any money laundering/dodgy loans etc. Just money, from fans, through the gate.

Go ahead and compare away ..... but you do realise that we’ve had another 2 seasons since then ? 

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

You absolutely love to twist facts in order to make them read a completely different way don't you? Seriously......bias.

On paper, we were on of the healthiest clubs in the league financially. Our losses a fraction of the majority of the league....fact!

Factor in the money from the Brooks sale and we would be up there with the healthiest.... But that particular money was sensibly invested into new player acquisitions, with the remaining £4-5 yet to come.

So let's just twist around your complete inaccuracies, back into actual truth shall we??..... 

You are correct, McCabe did have to put his hand into his pocket to pay wages!But why?.....Because OWNERS pay wages and running costs!! This is what they do....hence why Bolton staff didn't get paid, so on and so forth!!......The role of a chairman is to fund the day to day operations of a football club......

Why did McCabe have to do it?....Because our supposed investing co-owner, didn't cough up what he should have!....

Football clubs in the Championship ARE A LOSS MAKING BUSINESS...... Owners do have to cover shortfalls and losses! The only way to avoid them is to secure promotion to the top flight and to become a profitable club!

Fact is fact.......we still ran at significantly less losses than the majority of the league! FACT!

The only bias in this thread is from you. United have had fire sales of players much to the fans disgust for years not sure what happened to the Brooks money but cash was borrowed from a third party for player purchases, after years of mistakes McCabe struck lucky with Wilder, no more no less.

12 hours ago, redbig said:

We were mid table when he came, we're mid table now. 

Because the pay on the gate prices are so high that the only way to watch Wednesday at a reasonable price is to get a season ticket ?

We did have two decent seasons until the wheels came off, I'm not disagreeing that the cost of tickets would be more appealing if they were lower, I'm pointing out that he delivered on spending to justify those price increases, unfortunately it did not pay off, like I said you can't guarantee success, but when the team has been on form ( and not so injury prone) the performances have been much better than for most of the last 20 years IMHO !

Oh and don't forget some of those goals we have seen eh :wink:

Edited by Michael_W

14 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

How is is a massive casualty when crowd numbers are up on pre DC years?

How can it be financially stable when he said in court that he had to put his own money in to stop its demise, that isn't and has never been financial stability no matter how you dress it up, he admiited he had to dig in his own pocket just to pay staff wages.

You're getting off topic. The ticket prices at respective clubs have nothing to do with their losses, in the scheme of things

Wednesday have CHOSEN to charge more than anyone else in the league, and as a result, crowds last season seemed be around the 23-24k mark - Take away fans off and that's few, if any, POG.

I dare say there'll be United games in the premier next season which are cheaper than Brentford at home on a Tuesday night, how can that be right ?

2 minutes ago, redbig said:

You're getting off topic. The ticket prices at respective clubs have nothing to do with their losses, in the scheme of things

Wednesday have CHOSEN to charge more than anyone else in the league, and as a result, crowds last season seemed be around the 23-24k mark - Take away fans off and that's few, if any, POG.

I dare say there'll be United games in the premier next season which are cheaper than Brentford at home on a Tuesday night, how can that be right ?

The football under Jos was dreadful thats the main reason crowds were down, they'll be back up next season with the same prices if we are competing at the top.

You can't compare Premier to Championship on ticket prices, they have many more revenue streams so can afford to charge less.

Why should they say "forget the fans, they'll pay it if we do well". Why should it be like that ? ?

Right what about this year ? They were in the same division but charged less ?

Forget FFP, parachutes, premier money etc. Clubs can CHOOSE to set prices at £30-£40 or they can CHOOSE to set prices at £20-£30. 

7 minutes ago, redbig said:

Why should they say "forget the fans, they'll pay it if we do well". Why should it be like that ? ?

Right what about this year ? They were in the same division but charged less ?

Forget FFP, parachutes, premier money etc. Clubs can CHOOSE to set prices at £30-£40 or they can CHOOSE to set prices at £20-£30. 

United have had an owner for 20yrs that has bankrolled them, he's sold any players of any value just to keep the club runnning, the Owls had years of bad financial decisions that alnost sent the club bust, it was rumoured we were losing £5m a year when DC took over, something  had to change.

Incidentaly I don't disagree with the fact that the POG prices are too high but there are plenty options not to pay it, I rarely do.

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

United have had an owner for 20yrs that has bankrolled them, he's sold any players of any value just to keep the club runnning, the Owls had years of bad financial decisions that alnost sent the club bust, it was rumoured we were losing £5m a year when DC took over, something  had to change.

Incidentaly I don't disagree with the fact that the POG prices are too high but there are plenty options not to pay it, I rarely do.

Again, the state of United's or Wednesday's finances is nothing to do with this. DC has already said ticket income has no bearing. If we continue to stagnate in mid table he'll have no choice but to drop the prices