The price of football tickets

13 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

We still have big earners at the club and challenging is not guaranteed, is it ? 

Chansiri said we can have cheaper tickets but the forfeit is big money players, take your choice, we were never going to challenge prior to him coming in and spending !

We were mid table when he came, we're mid table now. 

10 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Why did we get less than 21k (around 11-12k) ST holders when Milan Manderic was chairman, your arguments don't stack up.

Because the pay on the gate prices are so high that the only way to watch Wednesday at a reasonable price is to get a season ticket ?

8 minutes ago, redbig said:

We were mid table when he came, we're mid table now. 

Because the pay on the gate prices are so high that the only way to watch Wednesday at a reasonable price is to get a season ticket ?

Its was £28 under MM, most matches now are £33 for POG.

Depends how many matches you intend to go to in a season, if its the majority then yes.

£28-£30 was the very top range, £33 here is the average MINIMUM. 

Exactly

53 minutes ago, redbig said:

£28-£30 was the very top range, £33 here is the average MINIMUM. 

Exactly

Surely the players we have now in comparison to then are worth the extra, the last season under SG was awful.

A high proportion of United fans got repeat season tickets on Early Bird discount. This repeated the amazing pricing the club offers. I paid £590 ish for an adult, a student, and a junior on the kop, total. That is great value. All credit to the club.

35 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Surely the players we have now in comparison to then are worth the extra, the last season under SG was awful.

What's it matter if the end result is the same ? 

Again, it's not about budgets or players, it's about setting the prices reasonably.  IMO £30 should be the very top price, your average game should be more like £23 on the KOP and £25 on the North/South. Problem is, with Season ticket prices and multi years set as they are I doubt we can just change it

1 minute ago, cmonkes said:

McCabe stated this prior to any oaths being made! Why do you think the approached outside investment in the first place? Why do you think the prince is even here?

McCabe has selflessly bankrolled our club for a long time now! Year upon year he has funded losses whilst making money available for improvements on the pitch. Let's not forget that his initial takeover of the club cost him dearly in it's first few years, before year upon year of ownership commitments. 

This isn't new news....Prior to the prince coming in and that dodgy nigerian blokes involvement, McCabe himself stated that he needed external investment to kick the club on because he was at the point where he didn't want to go alone any more due to the costs.

The initial search for investment started way back in 2010 let's not forget! In the wake of regelation! The only difference being that McCabe has been forced to reiterate this in court as part of his plans to move the club on.

I agree with all of that, thanks for confirming but don't go spouting about your affordable ticket prices when it was clearly a business model built on sand. SWFC were pretty much in the same boat pre Chansiri but had no one to bail them out.

3 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Explain how it was a business model built on sand....

McCabe has had the opportunity to increase prices, but to achieve what? The increase in revenue per season would be bare minimum!

The chairman's heart has always been with his club. Year upon year he has made a commitment towards affordable football for the whole family. We are a club who has cut it's cloth accordingly in order the try and keep the books as balanced as possible, any shortfalls have been covered by our fine owner. 

I ask you again..... How have Sheffield Wednesday benefited from the increase in ticket prices?... In the league, they haven't! Financially....I suppose you will have to wait to the annual accounts, but revenue from match day tickets is minimal....... And bums on seat?? Massive casualty!! Families are now being priced out of watching their football club. 

The McCabe model is a model that should be followed by many!..... It has brought continued support, high level season ticket sales, a large amount of POTG foot traffic......A much more financially stable club! A successful club!

McCabe is a wealthy man, but his pockets aren't bottomless.....Enough has been enough for some time. He has just continued in being selfless, for the love of his club primarily!

How is is a massive casualty when crowd numbers are up on pre DC years?

How can it be financially stable when he said in court that he had to put his own money in to stop its demise, that isn't and has never been financial stability no matter how you dress it up, he admiited he had to dig in his own pocket just to pay staff wages.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

How is is a massive casualty when crowd numbers are up on pre DC years?

How can it be financially stable when he said in court that he had to put his own money in to stop its demise, that isn't and has never been financial stability no matter how you dress it up, he admiited he had to dig in his own pocket just to pay staff wages.

I don't know where you are trying to go with this.

McCabe is 71 years old and has funded a largely loss making operation for , i guess around 20 years. He wants out , its not new news.

Historically when the Sheffield clubs were in the same division then Wednesdays attendances were 10%-20% higher than United"s.

The last few seasons we've been in the same division its been the other way round. Its down to cost....nothing else.

The Blades have had plenty of offers,like quid a kid over the last decade and this has helped build up the fan base. Personally i don't think U16's should pay more than a fiver to watch football.It makes good business sense in the long run.

40 minutes ago, atticus said:

I don't know where you are trying to go with this.

McCabe is 71 years old and has funded a largely loss making operation for , i guess around 20 years. He wants out , its not new news.

Historically when the Sheffield clubs were in the same division then Wednesdays attendances were 10%-20% higher than United"s.

The last few seasons we've been in the same division its been the other way round. Its down to cost....nothing else.

The Blades have had plenty of offers,like quid a kid over the last decade and this has helped build up the fan base. Personally i don't think U16's should pay more than a fiver to watch football.It makes good business sense in the long run.

How do United’s gate receipts compare to Wednesday’s in the last few years?

36 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

How do United’s gate receipts compare to Wednesday’s in the last few years?

Not sure mate , Wednesday haven’t published their accounts for some reason .

3 minutes ago, atticus said:

Not sure mate , Wednesday haven’t published their accounts for some reason .

Last years are available though