The price of football tickets

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

No, the ticket prices have been the same since DC took over, the football was better in 16/17 so attracted the higher crowds, before DC the numbers were down to around 20K, there are less than 1000 pay on the gate entrants each home game so it would never significantly affect things.

Maybe so but wasn't there an increase when he first tookover when the average was more like 22,000 but in any event the fall in average gates is plain to see.....maybe it reflects the  high

cost of matchday tickets ,one of the highest in the EFL or was there some other reason. 

8 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Maybe so but wasn't there an increase when he first tookover when the average was more like 22,000 but in any event the fall in average gates is plain to see.....maybe it reflects the  high

cost of matchday tickets ,one of the highest in the EFL or was there some other reason. 

So your not taking any notice of anything I've said but just carrying on your own agenda.

Of course there was an increase when he first took over, we were buying decent players for the first time for years. I'll repeat - hardly anyone buys POG matchday tickets, the fall in attendances were due to the awful football at the back end of CC's reign and the JL era.

Attendances will be back up next season if the product is good regardless of the price (which has been frozen again).

Edited by Brooker11

Hardly anyone buys POG as they're £33 plus for most games. Crowds are down, pay on the gate is down, and tickets are a rip off

I rarely watch professional football now as the cost is usually obscene. For the past 10 years or so, I`ve been watching Sheffield FC - £8 in and so can get the bus and have a few pints for £20.

2 hours ago, redbig said:

Hardly anyone buys POG as they're £33 plus for most games. Crowds are down, pay on the gate is down, and tickets are a rip off

Hardly anyone buys POG as the majority are sensible enough to buy membership cards or season tickets, crowds are down because of the quality of football prior to Bruce, there were over 26k at the last game v QPR with nothing to play for and high POG prices.

Blame the EFL's rulings that clubs have to bring in more revenue for the problem.

23 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Hardly anyone buys POG as the majority are sensible enough to buy membership cards or season tickets, crowds are down because of the quality of football prior to Bruce, there were over 26k at the last game v QPR with nothing to play for and high POG prices.

Blame the EFL's rulings that clubs have to bring in more revenue for the problem.

The reason there is POG is that some people can't get season tickets, its nothing to do with being sensible. It's affordability/personal circumstances.

Crowds are down as people won't pay the ridiculous prices unless we're in the top 6. So if we don't get there next season once again we'll have 10-15k empty seats. 

Other clubs don't seem to have overcharged their fans as a result of FFP

1 hour ago, redbig said:

The reason there is POG is that some people can't get season tickets, its nothing to do with being sensible. It's affordability/personal circumstances.

Crowds are down as people won't pay the ridiculous prices unless we're in the top 6. So if we don't get there next season once again we'll have 10-15k empty seats. 

POG amounts to so little of a percentage of attendees that it hardly factors, when cheaper tickets have been offered POG numbers have not significantly improved, crowds numbers are up on pre-Chansiri days so your argument is flawed. What other clubs, Leeds are very expensive and others have parachute payments to offset ticket costs.

we need big crowds,we need the best players,so it costs a lot,think its about right at hillsbrough

11 hours ago, redbig said:

But crowds aren’t down. They are up on the pre-Chansiri era. The football is better too.

If you can’t/ won’t pay the admission price, then don’t. You can listen on the wireless, or buy a Green Un to check the score. Or, do what most folks do and take up a pastime that suits your pocket.

If you are genuinely priced out, contact the club and they have schemes to help. Mr Chansiri has a track record of doing this.

If you are just tight, then... tough 

12 hours ago, Pettytom said:

But crowds aren’t down. They are up on the pre-Chansiri era. The football is better too.

If you can’t/ won’t pay the admission price, then don’t. You can listen on the wireless, or buy a Green Un to check the score. Or, do what most folks do and take up a pastime that suits your pocket.

If you are genuinely priced out, contact the club and they have schemes to help. Mr Chansiri has a track record of doing this.

If you are just tight, then... tough 

"If you can't then don't". Great attitude to what should be affordable, £33 to £40 isn't affordable and people won't pay it. It's astounding that anyone could defend it, but as long as you're O.K.

22 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

POG amounts to so little of a percentage of attendees that it hardly factors, when cheaper tickets have been offered POG numbers have not significantly improved, crowds numbers are up on pre-Chansiri days so your argument is flawed. What other clubs, Leeds are very expensive and others have parachute payments to offset ticket costs.

Yes they have. Putting aside the fact that it's midweek against Brentford, not a Saturday game, how many do you think would have been there WITHOUT the £20 offer ?

Leeds the only ones to touch our prices. And don't forget, £33 minimum is our 3rd, and most used category, not our top one. £33 should be the very top range, and certainly not a KOP ticket for Preston at home for example

3 hours ago, cmonkes said:

The ticket prices really go through me. 

In fact the most satisfying thing about Premier League football for me has to be the refreshing £30 maximum ticket price cap on away games, with a large percentage of teams working together on the "twenty's plenty" scheme.

It makes the £33-38 ticket prices at the likes of Wendesday and Leeds look ridiculous really. 

I don't think you can justify it by saying "you get what you pay for", especially so when it costs less to go and watch some of the finest footballers in the world in the top flight. 

Eventually; somebody needs to do something about this...We should all be paying the same at every ground.  It still works very well in Germany, with capacity attendances!

I think it would be a great idea for a nationwide price tariff .I hear if it is true that the prices at the top clubs are crippling for the guy in the street .The fans should be protected from greedy clubs  ripping off  fans ,these clubs know the fans would do anything to watch their team so they are easy prey to rip off  .If it works in Germany why not here it could help develop a more level playing field to making a more interesting league instead of the all to easy predictable results we see now.To prove a point this years F.A. cup final was so boring and predictable I switch it off and went in my garden to do some pruning,that is the first time ever I was bored watching the final of the F.A.cup That match if you can call it a match is a perfect example of what is wrong in the prem.Man City played lovely footy but so they should with the money they have spent.Money that 86 other clubs have not got a cat in hells chance of matching.

What we see now is the top clubs buying anyone who has a foot on both legs to stop the opposition clubs buying anyone decent and then loaning them out to other clubs to pay the players wages while having control who he plays for.They must save themselves millions a year not having to pay the guys money each week while being in control the players career and making sure other clubs can not sign them.

Edited by petcharlie
more info