The price of football tickets

51 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I'm not an oracle on SWFC's accounts, I'll await the HMRC's scrutiny of them before I comment, I have heard the club are awaiting on a decision which will affect the accounts in a very positive way and are holding out for that to happen. Let's see before we jump to conclusions.

Can we go back now to how a club that was bragging of cheap match tickets were struggling to pay its staff?

Everyone got paid, this is not a Bolton situation, this was two owners, one of whom was playing brinkmanship, but it didn't result in staff not being paid.

Back to the match costs, I paid 450 quid, or thereabouts, for a season ticket in the south stand.  I think pensioners are half that, so 225 pounds. 

Edited by Grappler

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Keeping the ticket prices reasonable obviously wasn't sustaining the club.

Raising ticket prices to increase income doesn’t work, it drives away the support. 

See S6 for details 

Ha Ha some entertaining "debate" on another SWFC forum .........seems like more folk are beginning to be a tadge anxious.......the post below from a well qualified fan makes interesting reading

"In 2016/17 we lost £20.8m less whatever is allowed for FFP

The accounts not filed (2017/18 season - July 2018) with the extra income of the Hunt deal and the Rhodes loan, the players coming in and those leaving will leave the accounts in the £12m-£17m loss range without knowing the salaries the reason for the big gap in possible losses, meaning that if we didn't get losses down to less than probably £5m for the year to 31 July 2019 (season 2018/19) then we will probably be under an embargo for registering new players at the least .

We all forget DC did the same thing last season we only found out 2 week before the end of the loan window after the transfer window had shut that we had been under an embargo since April 2018.

The EFL have rules about Financial Fair play for last season, which we hopefully are adhering to but they also have rules about the way a football should be run and one of those rules is accounts and taxes have to be paid on time and inline with company law we won't have any corporation tax to pay due to the amount of losses we have year on year but we have failed to file the accounts on time for the first time that I can see and the EFL is allowed to impose a transfer embargo if this happens. We don't know if they will be the EFL do seem to be looking for clubs to make examples off at the moment."

1 hour ago, Man in Crete said:

Ha Ha some entertaining "debate" on another SWFC forum .........seems like more folk are beginning to be a tadge anxious.......the post below from a well qualified fan makes interesting reading

"In 2016/17 we lost £20.8m less whatever is allowed for FFP

The accounts not filed (2017/18 season - July 2018) with the extra income of the Hunt deal and the Rhodes loan, the players coming in and those leaving will leave the accounts in the £12m-£17m loss range without knowing the salaries the reason for the big gap in possible losses, meaning that if we didn't get losses down to less than probably £5m for the year to 31 July 2019 (season 2018/19) then we will probably be under an embargo for registering new players at the least .

We all forget DC did the same thing last season we only found out 2 week before the end of the loan window after the transfer window had shut that we had been under an embargo since April 2018.

The EFL have rules about Financial Fair play for last season, which we hopefully are adhering to but they also have rules about the way a football should be run and one of those rules is accounts and taxes have to be paid on time and inline with company law we won't have any corporation tax to pay due to the amount of losses we have year on year but we have failed to file the accounts on time for the first time that I can see and the EFL is allowed to impose a transfer embargo if this happens. We don't know if they will be the EFL do seem to be looking for clubs to make examples off at the moment."

A) Why are you reading Owls forums

B) Fans say many things of which about 80% are nonsense.

Lets see what happens.

2 hours ago, atticus said:

Raising ticket prices to increase income doesn’t work, it drives away the support. 

See S6 for details 

Check our attendances, they are actually up despite some poor performances over the last few seasons, I don't get into debates about attendance it gets you nowhere.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Lets see what happens.

I suppose he's reading the Wednesday forum for the same reason Wednesdayites maybe reading the developments in the McCabe v Prince court case.

Just saying like

1 hour ago, abbeyedges said:

I suppose he's reading the Wednesday forum for the same reason Wednesdayites maybe reading the developments in the McCabe v Prince court case.

Just saying like

Not really they are on a live Twitter feed by The Star to read an Owls forum you’d have to specifically search for it.

While we are on the subject Star journalist Dom Howson has been directly asked if the late submission of the SWFC accounts should be a cause for concern, his answer - NO.

4 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Lets see what happens.

Humble apologies......I never realised one cannot read other forums be they SWFC,SUFC or any other that you care to mention.

I agree that 80% of what I read on Owls forums is indeed nonsense but its good for a laugh  whatever. 

Ha Dom Howson the Chartered Accountant of The Star......I think not but you believe who you want and yes lets see what appertains

22 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Of whats come out so far McCabe said he no longer wants to fund a "financial blackhole" he's had to spend £70m of his own money to keep the club afloat, in one instance he had to stump up £500k to pay staff wages, it was mentioned that had he not done this it would have lead to the clubs demise.

Another four and a half weeks to go. 

This is so funny coming from a fan of a club who were just a week away from being consigned to the history books.What is unique about the owners of a football club putting money in to the club they own?As long as they do it within the leagues rules I would think out of 92 clubs this happens at 80 clubs. It is when a club spend stupid money when they have no means of sustaining the levels of expenditure the trouble starts .Buying success without the financial support of sponsors and tv and large fan base never works .Look at the large clubs who have tried to emulate the big six and come undone Sunderland,Bolton,Stoke.Coventry,and Wednesday all tried to spend big and it has backfired.I would not be to surprised to Fulham being added to the list soon.Also if Villa had not been bought over when they did they to would be in the mire.

Spend what you can safely afford and get a good manager that knows what he is doing and knows what he can spend safely.Being a good footballer is not what really is required when managing a club .Being good with the purse strings and good man managing is whats required.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

This is so funny coming from a fan of a club who were just a week away from being consigned to the history books.What is unique about the owners of a football club putting money in to the club they own?As long as they do it within the leagues rules I would think out of 92 clubs this happens at 80 clubs. It is when a club spend stupid money when they have no means of sustaining the levels of expenditure the trouble starts .Buying success without the financial support of sponsors and tv and large fan base never works .Look at the large clubs who have tried to emulate the big six and come undone Sunderland,Bolton,Stoke.Coventry,and Wednesday all tried to spend big and it has backfired.I would not be to surprised to Fulham being added to the list soon.Also if Villa had not been bought over when they did they to would be in the mire.

Spend what you can safely afford and get a good manager that knows what he is doing and knows what he can spend safely.Being a good footballer is not what really is required when managing a club .Being good with the purse strings and good man managing is whats required.

In the period you mention we were managed terribly from a financial point of view, we didn't have a sugar daddy to bail us out at the time though, lucky for united they have otherwise their situation could have been even worse.

Wednesday have no problem with sustaining what they spend its the ridiculous EFL rules that are the issue. How can united have been spending what they can safely afford if the chairman had to pump in £70m to prop up what he called under oath a "financial blackhole"?

3 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

Humble apologies......I never realised one cannot read other forums be they SWFC,SUFC or any other that you care to mention.

I agree that 80% of what I read on Owls forums is indeed nonsense but its good for a laugh  whatever. 

Ha Dom Howson the Chartered Accountant of The Star......I think not but you believe who you want and yes lets see what appertains

Nobody said you couldn't I just find it a bit odd, apart from a mixed forum like this and Twitter I don't read anything about SUFC.

19 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Check our attendances, they are actually up despite some poor performances over the last few seasons, I don't get into debates about attendance it gets you nowhere.

Good point but not so! SWFC's average attendances have dropped from circa 27000  in 16/17 to circa 25000 and to circa 24,000 18/19 .....hardly "going up" me thinks and on topic did this fall correspond to ticket price increases ie pay on the gate.

2 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Good point but not so! SWFC's average attendances have dropped from circa 27000  in 16/17 to circa 25000 and to circa 24,000 18/19 .....hardly "going up" me thinks and on topic did this fall correspond to ticket price increases ie pay on the gate.

No, the ticket prices have been the same since DC took over, the football was better in 16/17 so attracted the higher crowds, before DC the numbers were down to around 20K, there are less than 1000 pay on the gate entrants each home game so it would never significantly affect things.