The price of football tickets

10 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

If it wasn't for Mr McCabe plugging a financial blackhole the club would have gone into admin, if the Prince (who's skint) gets control there's no chance the current pricing structure can be maintained.

'Straws clutching at' springs to mind. 

1 hour ago, abbeyedges said:

'Straws clutching at' springs to mind. 

If the things being said in court at the moment and things rumoured still to come out its anything but straw clutching.

5 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

lets wait and see the whole story before making such conclusions. There is along way t,o go ...........meanwhile perhaps you could speculate as to why swfc still have not submitted their accounts  for the year ending 2018.  These were due on 30th April 2019 hence a penalty fine will no doubt have been 

issued. Continued failure to submit is a criminal offence and renders in due course directors liable to be disqualified. As there is only one such director at S6 then maybe you should be looking more closely  at your own team ? Who would care to speculate as to why these accounts are not yet in the public domain and

...................back on topic................if they do show another huge loss then what affect might this have on transfers and ticket prices? 

Perhaps we should take notice from those at Sheff 6 mate after all they know about these things just ask the Co-oP bank.You should feel sorry for them really where is your compassion?How would you feel if your club was clinging on to the apron strings of your neighbours trying to keep in touch with their charge up the football ladder?You to would be looking to cling on to any passing straw that might float past .Just think yourself lucky mate that we have the club we have got and stop mocking the less fortunate.We might be a pub team but looking at the videos coming out of Sheff 2 they seem to spend a lot of time in them celebrating.

As for the court case I wonder what the thoughts are of those fans who have been calling for McCabes head for the last 4 or 5 years ?All I can say to those guys is you should be very careful what you wish for .Comparing how the Blades have been run and looking at other clubs I for one are so grateful to McCabe .If he has to leave then hold on to your hats guys there is a big big fall on the way.I understand he wants to sell the club if he wins the court case but I trust him rather than the other guy for handing over the club to someone who will look after it.He is a blade from being a boy unlike the prince and that will never change .Alright he has dropped a clanger getting mixed up with the skint prince I just hope he has learned his lesson after all who has never dropped one?The last guy who was perfect they crucified him and they would probably do it again if he came back.

10 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

If the things being said in court at the moment and things rumoured still to come out its anything but straw clutching.

You do realise that by being this vague , you really do look like you’re clutching at straws don’t you?

Any hard facts, direct quotes....... anything ?

9 minutes ago, atticus said:

You do realise that by being this vague , you really do look like you’re clutching at straws don’t you?

Any hard facts, direct quotes....... anything ?

Of whats come out so far McCabe said he no longer wants to fund a "financial blackhole" he's had to spend £70m of his own money to keep the club afloat, in one instance he had to stump up £500k to pay staff wages, it was mentioned that had he not done this it would have lead to the clubs demise.

Another four and a half weeks to go. 

18 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Of whats come out so far McCabe said he no longer wants to fund a "financial blackhole" he's had to spend £70m of his own money to keep the club afloat, in one instance he had to stump up £500k to pay staff wages, it was mentioned that had he not done this it would have lead to the clubs demise.

Another four and a half weeks to go. 

And still he kept ticket prices reasonable .

You claimed that what was being said in court would mean an increase in ticket prices at Bramall Lane . 

History suggests otherwise 

Ticket prices are even more competitive now its been confirmed that we'll be watching a team managed by the best manager in the country as Chris Wilder has been voted above Pep and Klopp as the LMA Manager of the Year. 

i think it's fair to say everyone who posts on here will agree he's done Sheffield proud.  

9 hours ago, atticus said:

And still he kept ticket prices reasonable .

You claimed that what was being said in court would mean an increase in ticket prices at Bramall Lane . 

History suggests otherwise 

Keeping the ticket prices reasonable obviously wasn't sustaining the club.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Keeping the ticket prices reasonable obviously wasn't sustaining the club.

instead of making up your own agenda once more,then would you please try to reply to my point vis the missing swfc accounts made yesterday......or are you

not the oracle that you make out to be................whether you agree or not this is not going to go away 

Just now, Man in Crete said:

instead of making up your own agenda once more,then would you please try to reply to my point vis the missing swfc accounts made yesterday......or are you

not the oracle that you make out to be................whether you agree or not this is not going to go away 

I'm not an oracle on SWFC's accounts, I'll await the HMRC's scrutiny of them before I comment, I have heard the club are awaiting on a decision which will affect the accounts in a very positive way and are holding out for that to happen. Let's see before we jump to conclusions.

Can we go back now to how a club that was bragging of cheap match tickets were struggling to pay its staff?

9 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I'm not an oracle on SWFC's accounts, I'll await the HMRC's scrutiny of them before I comment, I have heard the club are awaiting on a decision which will affect the accounts in a very positive way and are holding out for that to happen. Let's see before we jump to conclusions.

Can we go back now to how a club that was bragging of cheap match tickets were struggling to pay its staff?

Oh come on now pal. I'm sure Wednesday will go up one day. Here's hoping 

20 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Oh come on now pal. I'm sure Wednesday will go up one day. Here's hoping 

Not really bothered about the Prem mate so thats not a dig that affects me.