The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

with it looking like Brexit party getting a majority 

Since when?

The latest polls have the Brexit Party getting between 28% and 35% of the vote, depending on which one you believe.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Its called democracy in action whether you like it or not. Voters are not accountable to the rest of the electorate as to how they vote.

Maybe the do, maybe they dont.

Getting desperate now are we! No doubt you are suffering from the wrong type of red bus flashbacks!

Yep its called democracy.

But he does not say he wants to replace the NHS though does he, or say that it should be funded by private insurance? Read what you like into it but the fact is that was not stated in the clip.

Yes he does. In the BBC link you were so happy about it’s exactly what is said: replace the NHS

There is nothing to read into it if you actually bother to read it, which you evidently failed to do

So if Brexit Party people win seats will they refuse to take up their seats in the European Parliament and refuse their pay and massive exspenses?

Doing otherwise would obviously be the height of hypocrisy.

Asking for a friend.

8 hours ago, hauxwell said:

He did condemn white nationalists after the Charlottesville attack,

He absolutely did not. He famously refused to do so.

44 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Since when?

The latest polls have the Brexit Party getting between 28% and 35% of the vote, depending on which one you believe.

That’s a majority in Brexitspeak.

8 minutes ago, taxman said:

So if Brexit Party people win seats will they refuse to take up their seats in the European Parliament and refuse their pay and massive exspenses?

To be fair, both UKIP and the Brexit Party have said that they intend to take their seats and disrupt the working of the European Parliament.

However, the Parliament does have the power to sanction those MPs who actively attempt to damage the organisation including witholding salaries and pension rights, so it might end up as as a choice between their principles and the money.

It's not that difficult to see which they will choose!

14 minutes ago, taxman said:

Doing otherwise would obviously be the height of hypocrisy.

Asking for a friend.

I hope they win because then they have to explain how Brexit should happen, in detail.

It is going to be hilarious

11 minutes ago, Halibut said:

He absolutely did not. He famously refused to do so.

Trump's awful for getting his (often ridiculous) point across, but he did condemn white nationalists after Charlottesville. 

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

"And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally.

6 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

I hope they win because then they have to explain how Brexit should happen, in detail.

I'm sort of coming around to that viewpoint now.

I would like to see any of these people complaining and saying they could have done a much better job than May actual try and do it, and see how easy it is.. 

9 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Farage has demanded that he is included in any post-May negotiations with the EU! 😂😅😂

14 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Same... who's going to take the fall I wonder ;)

The spin is already beyond credibility, so it'll be fun to watch!

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Farage has demanded that he is included in any post-May negotiations with the EU! 😂😅😂

LOL, "give me everything I want or I'll blow my brains out"! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

45 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Why would they have to do that? They're going to be MEPs, not MPs. So no such obligation what-so-ever.

I too hope they win en masse. How smart you're all going to look like, as an electorate :lol:

58 minutes ago, L00b said:

Why would they have to do that? They're going to be MEPs, not MPs. So no such obligation what-so-ever.

I too hope they win en masse. How smart you're all going to look like, as an electorate :lol:

I fear that the French, German and Italian electorates are about to upstage the UK electorate in the stupid stakes.