The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

3 hours ago, retep said:

But try and sleight where others get their money from,  nah come on.

Until we know where it’s come from we should be cautious.

Should be easy for the Brexit Party to explain...

4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What would it show other than Farage can gather most of the Brexit supporters under one umbrella on a one issue election campaign?

It doesn't alter the fact that the majority of the population do not want to leave the EU.

Porkies again. Brexit won the referendum as you well know. What those who did not vote would have voted IF they had cared enough to vote is unknown. I could say they would have all voted Brexit, but we do not know either way do we. So stop telling porkies, it simply detracts from your argument.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Until we know where it’s come from we should be cautious.

Should be easy for the Brexit Party to explain...

25 quid from me, or is that illegal ?. It is well worth the money, as I can hear the wailing and gnashing of Remoaners teeth here, and we live 10 miles outside Sheffield centre. 🤣

Angel1.

25 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Porkies again. Brexit won the referendum as you well know. What those who did not vote would have voted IF they had cared enough to vote is unknown. I could say they would have all voted Brexit, but we do not know either way do we. So stop telling porkies, it simply detracts from your argument

Really?

Not only would 60% of those who didn't vote in 2016  have voted remain  but every credible poll in the last three years has put support for remain ahead of leave by between 4% and 8% and on Thursday the Brexit vote is likely to be outnumbered 2:3 by the remain vote. 

So apart from a discredited referendum three years ago do you have any evidence that the majority of UK citizens do want to leave the EU?

24 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Not only would 60% of those who didn't vote in 2016  have voted remain  but every credible poll in the last three years has put support for remain ahead of leave by between 4% and 8% and on Thursday the Brexit vote is likely to be outnumbered 2:3 by the remain vote. 

So apart from a discredited referendum three years ago do you have any evidence that the majority of UK citizens do want to leave the EU?

My maths may be wrong so feel free to double check, but if that claim is true (no reason to disbelieve, but a source would be useful) then if everybody that was eligible to vote voted, and 60% of those who didn't vote voted remain and 40% leave (and assuming a similar percentage of void ballets), then remain would have won 51.4% of the vote, and leave 48.6%. 

This is an even closer margin than the actual result, so presumably you'd be arguing for another referendum? 

10 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

This is an even closer margin than the actual result, so presumably you'd be arguing for another referendum? 

It would be 53% remain to 47% leave based on an electorate of of 46.5 million. But even if it had been 50:50 it was an advisory referendum which if tied, would favour the status quo so why hold another referendum?

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

25 quid from me, or is that illegal ?. It is well worth the money, as I can hear the wailing and gnashing of Remoaners teeth here, and we live 10 miles outside Sheffield centre. 🤣

Angel1.

Not got a problem with your £25 for becoming a registered supporter.

I have got a massive problem with anonymous donations from abroad. 

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Do you agree with Nigel about privatising the NHS?

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It would be 53% remain to 47% leave based on an electorate of of 46.5 million. But even if it had been 50:50 it was an advisory referendum which if tied, would favour the status quo so why hold another referendum?

I'm not sure how you got to those figures?  I know it doesn't really matter to your overall point, but I'd be interested anyway.

17,410,742 people voted to leave in 2016.   16, 141,214 people voted to remain. There were 25,359 blank or invalid votes. This amounts to a total of 33,577,342. 

As you stated, the total number of the electorate was 46,500,001. That means that 12,922,659 of the electorate didn't vote. 

Assuming that 0.08% of those remaining votes would also either be blank or invalid brings the number to 12,912,320. If 60% of those people voted remain and 40% leave, the total number of remain vote would be 23,888,606 (7,747,392+16,141,214) and the total number of leave voters 22,575,670 (17,410,742+5,164,928). 

The total number of valid votes would be  46,464,276. The remain vote is therefore is 51.4% The leave vote is 48.6%

15 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Do you agree with Nigel about privatising the NHS?

Did he say that and can you give a link to it as I cant find one?

34 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Ahh that one where he does not state that he wants a privatised NHS but feels it is the way forward and that he believes the marketplace could deliver better value for money when it comes to spending on the NHS.

42 minutes ago, apelike said:

Did he say that and can you give a link to it as I cant find one?

hes been saying for years we should have a US style health service