Jump to content

The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

 

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

 

As this is about an election the following will apply

 

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

 

 

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, craig12 said:

Gordon brown theres a bright bloke , he sold most of the gold reserves off when the gold price dropped 

Really? How much did that cost the U.K.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Really? How much did that cost the U.K.?

an awful lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Whatever people say Farage is a politician not a thug. He doesn’t surround himself with thugs on his walkabouts.

 

I think the point has already been made with Benjamin and Yaxley-Lennon.

Benjamin is a Poundshop misogynist and Yaxley-Lennon is a Poundshop racist. The world would be a much better place without either of them but their influence is limited.

 

Farage on the other hand, is a serious political operator who has a vision to deregulate the UK economy in order to allow fellow millionaire businessmen particularly in the US, to increase profit.  The quickest way to this is a no deal exit from the EU which will cause immeasurable damage to the UK and its citizens.

 

Farage may be a comedy figure like Yaxley-Lennon and Benjamin, but he is a very dangerous comedy figure and therefore a much more legitimate target for protest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Benjamin is a Poundshop misogynist and Yaxley-Lennon is a Poundshop racist. The world would be a much better place without either of them but their influence is limited.

 

Farage on the other hand, is a serious political operator who has a vision to deregulate the UK economy in order to allow fellow millionaire businessmen particularly in the US, to increase profit.  The quickest way to this is a no deal exit from the EU which will cause immeasurable damage to the UK and its citizens.

 

Farage may be a comedy figure like Yaxley-Lennon and Benjamin, but he is a very dangerous comedy figure and therefore a much more legitimate target for protest.

Do you believe that violence and intimidation should be used against Farage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

Do you believe that violence and intimidation should be used against Farage?

Are you saying that chucking  a banana and salted caramel shake at Farage's suit is violence and intimidation? 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Are you saying that chucking  a banana and salted caramel shake at Farage's suit is violence and intimidation? 😵

Yes. Legally and morally.

 

Brendan Cox on Twitter:

 

I dislike Nigel Farage's politics profoundly. His willingness to pander to hatred &division even more so. But I don’t think throwing stuff at politicians you disagree with is a good idea. It normalises violence &intimidation and we should consistently stand again it.

Edited by Car Boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Yes. Legally and morally.

Do you have anything to say about the many real cases of increased violence and intimidation suffered by ethnic minorities since Farage whipped people up into a xenophobic frenzy in 2016? 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Are you saying that chucking  a banana and salted caramel shake at Farage's suit is violence and intimidation?

it IS assault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

it IS assault

It's common assault which is the lowest form of assault. 

 

My friend's daughter had orange juice thrown over her at school yesterday but the kid who did it is not going to end up in jail!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It's common assault which is the lowest form of assault. 

 

My friend's daughter had orange juice thrown over her at school yesterday but the kid who did it is not going to end up in jail!

Assault is assault. It doesn't make it right just because you don't like the person it's being aimed at. Brendon Cox is absolutely right. You don't win against hatred by normalising assault, common assault or otherwise. Making Farage into a martyr plays exactly into his hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Making Farage into a martyr plays exactly into his hands. 

He didn't look like a martyr in Newcastle today.  He looked like an angry little man being laughed at in the street. 😂😅😂

 

More importantly, the Electoral Commission is investigating Farage's finances at the Brexit Party's offices tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

He didn't look like a martyr in Newcastle today.  He looked like an angry little man being laughed at in the street. 😂😅😂

 

More importantly, the Electoral Commission is investigating Farage's finances at the Brexit Party's offices tomorrow.

You don't get to decide who is and isn't deserving of vigilante justice. Whilst I don't agree with everything you post, you have always struck me as a sensible and well meaning person and I would have hoped you'd have spoken out against this sort of behaviour. That you find it amusing is rather disappointing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.