The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

5 hours ago, apelike said:

The figures may be perfectly true and compiled by a reputable financial institution but it still does not mean that in reality the UK has lost £60bn which is the bit that is not true as we have not lost that.

I am not making an argument but a logical statement. Yes they are estimates of the difference between what might have been to what is and no more. It still does not mean we have lost £60bn it just means the projected wealth is lower than forecast. Something that has also happened in other places in the EU as well and not exclusively the UK.

Maybe so but is still does not mean you have lost money though does it?.. Unfortunately you still don't seem to get the idea of what a financial projection is, its one of the first things you learn when making up a business plan in order to secure funding.

As I don't have one and are not bothered on getting one they could be yellow for all I care.

Now, have a read up on what financial projections are and also about what GDP is as its the actual GDP that counts and determines a countries economic stance. 

What a bizarre post.

On the one hand, you acknowledge that Brexit has left us significantly poorer than we should be.

Then you redefine poorer as not being richer and say that we aren’t poorer, we’re just not richer.

Then you suggest that I read up on Economics 😚

9 hours ago, apelike said:

But you didnt say 40% of those eligible to vote 

It was implied by the use of the word 'electorate' when I said "What you can compare is the percentage of the electorate who support each option."

By the way, everybody counts whether they chose to vote or not.

Lucy Harris from the Brexit Party has stated that Brexit will damage the U.K. economy for 30 years.

At least she’s being honest, unlike Farage

5 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Lucy Harris from the Brexit Party has stated that Brexit will damage the U.K. economy for 30 years.

Once again, the older generation with their good pensions sticking two fingers up at the young people of our country.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:
By the way, everybody counts whether they chose to vote or not

In an election or referendum only those that vote count as its impossible to count those votes that people dont make.

6 hours ago, Pettytom said:

What a bizarre post.

Not really as its you that does not understand that projections are hypothetical so no money has been actually lost.

On the one hand, you acknowledge that Brexit has left us significantly poorer than we should be.

Brexit has made us poorer and that is hard to disagree with and I have already in past replies acknowledged that. The drop in the value of the pound and the costs associated with brexit obviously has affected the UK but not significantly and certainly not to the tune of that hypothetical £60bn. 

Then you suggest that I read up on Economics 😚

Yes as you obviously don't or don't want to understand what projections are and how you measure a countries economic wealth or well-being.

The link I gave earlier show just how well/badly we are doing since the referendum.

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

At least she’s being honest, unlike Farage

To me it’s MP’s that will cause the damage.

The way the vote was set up by Cameron in the first place with little though to a leave outcome and the way MP’s from all parties have delt with it afterwards including  leaving to much till the last minute has left us in this ridiculous position and I seriously hope they are held to account.

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Once again, the older generation with their good pensions sticking two fingers up at the young people of our country.

They forgot something The younger generations have to pay for their pensions.

Maybe we won’t want to.

35 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

To me it’s MP’s that will cause the damage.

The way the vote was set up by Cameron in the first place with little though to a leave outcome and the way MP’s from all parties have delt with it afterwards including  leaving to much till the last minute has left us in this ridiculous position and I seriously hope they are held to account.

They will be.

And Mark my words there will be Brexiters at the front of the queue demanding answers

Apparently MPs are being urged to cancel their holiday plans in order to resolve Brexit by the head of the CBI. 

The MPs next holidays are due between 23 May to 4 June for parliamentary recess.  MP's counter-argument is that they & their staff have not had a break since Christmas(?), and their there are concerns for mental health wellbeing. 

Strange?  I thought that having been granted an extension by the EU, one of the complaints made by a Belgium MEP was that "We've given the UK an extension & the first action they take is we see their MP's take a 2 week break for Easter." 

On 16/05/2019 at 22:56, Mister Gee said:

Don't get carried away with what the Traditional Britain Group tells you. There's nowt wrong with being a lorry driver from South Yorkshire.

Been one for close to thirty years, so I must agree with you.

Angel1.

On 16/05/2019 at 22:47, melthebell said:

yeah and if it was a muslim, or an immigrant?

?. Explanation please.

Angel1.

On 16/05/2019 at 23:54, Top Cats Hat said:

I think that you are missing the point the poster is making.

Maybe you could explain how a millionaire businessman, bankrolled by billionaires who flys to most of his appointments by private jet and has personally made millions from Brexit uncertainty, represents ordinary people?

So there are no millionaires in the Liebour Party or Tory Party then?.

Angel1.

On 17/05/2019 at 07:44, I1L2T3 said:

That old chestnut.

Doesn’t change the facts.

Keep posting twaddle, it's so easy just to bat it away.

Angel1.

On 17/05/2019 at 15:47, Magilla said:

Way more.

Around 33 billion I think for the three years. Thank Maggie for that, without the "rebate" she negotiated it would have been  close to 45 billion.

Angel1.

20 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That's 2% less than they got in the referendum.

So we're back to the same old thing. Less than 40% of the electorate want to leave the EU yet everyone is busting a gut to make it happen. 

Whatever happened to democracy?

17.4 million v 16 million, I could ask you the same question, and I have the figures on my side to prove it, not some tripe plucked out of thin air.

Angel1.

40 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Been one for close to thirty years, so I must agree with you.

Angel1.

?. Explanation please.

Angel1.

So there are no millionaires in the Liebour Party or Tory Party then?.

Angel1.

Keep posting twaddle, it's so easy just to bat it away.

Angel1.

What's the Traditional Britain Group about Angel?

Edited by Mister Gee