The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

More sordid revelations about 'man of the people' Farage on Channel 4  news at the moment - showing him to be a liar and spiv. What a ghastly man he is

But,

"In a statement Mr Banks told us: “Channel 4 attempts to smear myself and Nigel, come at a time when the Brexit Party is riding high in the polls, so it should come as no surprise to anyone.”

Just now, retep said:

"In a statement Mr Banks told us: “Channel 4 attempts to smear myself and Nigel, come at a time when the Brexit Party is riding high in the polls, so it should come as no surprise to anyone.”

Banks is just butthurt because it was partially due to Channel Four's investigation that he is now being investigated by the National Crime Agency!

3 hours ago, retep said:

Talking of sour grapes,

"SOUR GRAPES 

French winemakers see falling Champagne sales as Brits turn to homegrown bubbly"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/7302117/french-winemakers-falling-sales-brexit/

Sales of English fizz have in fact rocketed by some 50% over the past year.

Another consequence of Brexit?

Global warming

1 hour ago, retep said:

But,

Farage lives in a £13,000/month house, has private driver and bodyguard to tune of £5,000/month, and flies by private plane.

Yep, just your average man of the people.

5 hours ago, retep said:

Talking of sour grapes,

"SOUR GRAPES 

French winemakers see falling Champagne sales as Brits turn to homegrown bubbly"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/7302117/french-winemakers-falling-sales-brexit/

Sales of English fizz have in fact rocketed by some 50% over the past year.

Another consequence of Brexit?

Champagne sales have never been higher. Not the first time I've suggested you broaden your news sources, and won't be the last.

From that, the consequence of Brexit looks to be that it's become too expensive for Brits....but most probably not for Johnson, Davies, Fox, Raab, Grayling,Nigel & mistress(es), etc. :D

Means more champagne left for us (it is fairly cheap here, plenty around under €10 a bottle, and some aren't bad at all).

Brexit consequence? Brexit dividend, more like. More, please :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Global warming

Farage lives in a £13,000/month house, has private driver and bodyguard to tune of £5,000/month, and flies by private plane.

Yep, just your average man of the people.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Angel1.

15 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

yeah and if it was a muslim, or an immigrant?

28 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Don't get carried away with what the Traditional Britain Group tells you. There's nowt wrong with being a lorry driver from South Yorkshire.

Edited by Mister Gee

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

I think that you are missing the point the poster is making.

Maybe you could explain how a millionaire businessman, bankrolled by billionaires who flys to most of his appointments by private jet and has personally made millions from Brexit uncertainty, represents ordinary people?

9 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

That old chestnut.

Doesn’t change the facts.

10 hours ago, L00b said:

Champagne sales have never been higher. Not the first time I've suggested you broaden your news sources, and won't be the last.

From that, the consequence of Brexit looks to be that it's become too expensive for Brits....but most probably not for Johnson, Davies, Fox, Raab, Grayling,Nigel & mistress(es), etc. :D

Means more champagne left for us (it is fairly cheap here, plenty around under €10 a bottle, and some aren't bad at all).

Brexit consequence? Brexit dividend, more like. More, please :thumbsup:

Look towards it getting cheaper, can you feed it to snails?

21 minutes ago, retep said:

Look towards it getting cheaper, can you feed it to snails?

I'd quote ANGELFIRE1 here, but the irony of it would explode the SF servers :D

I see that, in the meantime, you've studiously avoided any explanations for your claim that the EU was a "personality cult"?

28 minutes ago, L00b said:

I'd quote ANGELFIRE1 here, but the irony of it would explode the SF servers :D

I see that, in the meantime, you've studiously avoided any explanations for your claim that the EU was a "personality cult"?

Indeed, and the latest is Farage is pushing the importance of EU elections as being a test of democracy, having spent over 20 years insisting that the EU is undemocratic.