The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

5 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The first Political Party I have supported in my 69 years.

You do know that it is a private business registered at Companies House don't you, and not a political party.

What do you hope to get for your £25?

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You do know that it is a private business registered at Companies House don't you, and not a political party.

What do you hope to get for your £25?

And yet it's registered with the electoral commission,

http://search.electoralcommission.org.uk/English/Registrations/PP7931

1 minute ago, retep said:

And yet it's registered with the electoral commission,

http://search.electoralcommission.org.uk/English/Registrations/PP7931

How many members does it have?

Who is on the Executive Committee?

What are its rules?

What is its disciplinary proceedure?

Who chooses election candidates?

What is the proceedure for electing a leader?

Who decides policy?

Who writes its manifesto?

Looking at the news today it looks like the Brexit Party PayPal ‘donation’ system is an invitation for money laundering, and makes it easy to send in multiple sums under £500 from anywhere in the world with no ID checks. Any foreign-based person can send any number of payments.

They are taking in £100,000 a day.

Further, it was found possible to register as a £25 member using the name Vladimir Putin with an address The Kremlin, Moscow.

This is a get rich quick scam that further undermines our democracy. The Brexit party has no policies, no manifesto and no democratic oversight.

The icing on the cake is Farage’s former aide Richard Cottrell who was convicted in the US for money laundering is claiming to be involved with Brexit Party fundraising.

Oh, and the £450k Farage took from Banks.

38 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Looking at the news today it looks like the Brexit Party PayPal ‘donation’ system is an invitation for money laundering, and makes it easy to send in multiple sums under £500 from anywhere in the world with no ID checks. Any foreign-based person can send any number of payments.

They are taking in £100,000 a day.

Further, it was found possible to register as a £25 member using the name Vladimir Putin with an address The Kremlin, Moscow.

This is a get rich quick scam that further undermines our democracy. The Brexit party has no policies, no manifesto and no democratic oversight.

The icing on the cake is Farage’s former aide Richard Cottrell who was convicted in the US for money laundering is claiming to be involved with Brexit Party fundraising.

Oh, and the £450k Farage took from Banks.

Democracy is already undermined, the remoaners are making sure of that.

"The Brexit Party is obeying every jot and tittle of electoral and fundraising law. This is the very system that the federast establishment set up itself. But, you know, the wrong people are succeeding under it so aspersions must be cast.

And guess what? The Electoral Commission isn’t going to get anything done by Thursday. Not even to be able to confirm that the law is being obeyed as it should be. But we’ve managed to get the propaganda out there that Nigel’s posse are bought by the Russians and that’s the point of it all anyway.

You might think me a little cynical here. But sadly I’m not. When I was working for Ukip the Times – Sam Coates it was – announced that we simply weren’t going to contest the next election. No reason given, no analysis performed, an apology of any prominence never was forthcoming. Just a bit of disinformation dropped into the public conversation there.

That’s how the federasts play and any governance system that has to play that way isn’t one we desire to be a part of, is it?"

https://continentaltelegraph.com/brexit/an-example-of-federast-bias-in-the-system-brexit-party-funding/

Edited by retep

The continental telegraph is backed by hard right neoliberal nutjobs from the Adam Smith Institute

It is an indication of how much of a 'bubble' many Brexit supporters are in when they post links to crackpot conspiracy websites on a general discussion site, to back up their arguments.

Whenever I see a link like that my initial thought is 'they obviously can't find a credible source to back up their argument.'

39 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

The continental telegraph is backed by hard right neoliberal nutjobs from the Adam Smith Institute

The Guardian is backed by lefty nutjobs, your point is?

36 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It is an indication of how much of a 'bubble' many Brexit supporters are in when they post links to crackpot conspiracy websites on a general discussion site, to back up their arguments.

Whenever I see a link like that my initial thought is 'they obviously can't find a credible source to back up their argument.'

Lefties don't like it when the truth jumps up and bites them.

5 minutes ago, retep said:

Lefties don't like it when the truth jumps up and bites them.

Like I say.

You live in a bubble.. 😂

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Like I say.

You live in a bubble.. 😂

I live in a house, you talk bubbles, and listen to the lefty Guardian conspiracy site too much.

I'm confused, where was the last Guardian link posted to back up a point?

2 hours ago, retep said:

That you have posted what is a potentially highly biased source to try and back up your non argument.

This landed on your Facebook feed I guess. It feeds your own prejudices So you thought you’d share it wider.

Classic down the rabbit hole behaviour.