The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

6 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

[For avoidance of doubt, note that I'm using 'Fuehrer' purely for its alliterative value there, and am not implying any spiritual kinship between Mr Farage and a certain notorious historical figure.]

Matt Frei wasn’t so shy on Monday’s C4 News.

He asked Farage who was responsible for deciding Brexit Party policy and if anyone could depose him as leader. Farage looked sheepish and didn’t answer. Frei then pointed out that there was historical precedent for such a situation. 😅

6 minutes ago, Del Usory said:

“Ms Widdecombe said it was a "tribute" to Nigel Farage, the party leader, that he had been able to unite people from different political viewpoints.”

All right-wingers and all Brexit supporters. That must have been a really tough job to get all them together! đŸ˜±

After embarrassing themselves at the opening of the European Parliament, darling of the Brexit Party Anne Widdecombe, has gone one step further by likening Brexit to the emancipation of slaves.

I reckon Farage will be trying to keep her under wraps from now on, as any bonkers comments she makes will be used against them if they stand in future elections.

On 29/05/2019 at 06:59, Magilla said:

Their ire should be directed ast those that led them up the garden path, then totally and completely failed to deliver on anything they promised.

Ultimately, they should also take some of the responsibility for voting for a fantasy.

At this stage, if they had any shame, pretty stupid I would imagine.....

Just like the remaoners on here?

38 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

After embarrassing themselves at the opening of the European Parliament, darling of the Brexit Party Anne Widdecombe, has gone one step further by likening Brexit to the emancipation of slaves.

I reckon Farage will be trying to keep her under wraps from now on, as any bonkers comments she makes will be used against them if they stand in future elections.

I like this bit lol

In response, EU Brexit co-ordinator Guy Verhofstadt said Ms Widdecombe was giving her party leader, Nigel Farage, "stiff competition as chief clown"

from

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48869520

Boris Johnson is already seen as a clown in Brussels and by going after the Brexit Party vote he will be associated with the clown car that is Farage and Widdecombe. (and Farage should have binned off Widdecombe if he had any sense as she is high enough profile to attract attention to anything crazy that she says.)

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No chance.

This is all synchronised PR, orchestrated by Bannon and channelled in the UK/EU, by Farage through his Brexit Party vehicle, and Johnson through the Conservatives' leadership race.

Expect much more of this in the days, weeks and months to come.

13 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Ann Widdecombe is only staying with the Brexit Party until Brexit is implemented so will not be standing in future elections even if the Brexit Party continue afterwards.   I would imagine Farage considers  Ann Widdecombe an asset and most definitely not a liability.  The Brexit Party are not in the European Parliament until 31st October to give the EU an easy time and heap praises on their organisation.

Edited by Lockdoctor

She's like a frothing mad women.  How she could be an asset I don't know.  She makes the brexit party look even more ridiculous than normal.

I remember a feature piece on her a few years ago on the radio. She made some outrageous racist comment and instead of apologising she just said “Oh I suppose that’s a bit  ‘old fashioned’ now” in a mildly irritated tone, not unlike some of the ‘free speech’ posters on here lamenting the ‘good old days’ when you didn’t have to hide your racism.

It is interesting that we are constantly reminded that Brexit supporters aren’t racist yet at the same time told that an openly racist and homophobic person will be an asset to the Brexit Party.

21 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I remember a feature piece on her a few years ago on the radio. She made some outrageous racist comment and instead of apologising she just said “Oh I suppose that’s a bit  ‘old fashioned’ now” in a mildly irritated tone, not unlike some of the ‘free speech’ posters on here lamenting the ‘good old days’ when you didn’t have to hide your racism.

It is interesting that we are constantly reminded that Brexit supporters aren’t racist yet at the same time told that an openly racist and homophobic person will be an asset to the Brexit Party.

You just can't make it up lol just like Bojo people ignore his lying, cheating and backstabbing because of one thing, he shares their obsession with brexit, well for now he does anyway