The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Why would they have to do that? They're going to be MEPs, not MPs. So no such obligation what-so-ever.

I too hope they win en masse. How smart you're all going to look like, as an electorate :lol:

Well you could be right. They will no doubt be planning their multi-year holiday in Brussels and Strasbourg and getting their hangers on and families on the payroll too. 

Does anybody really think Farage wants to lose his job in Brussels 

Edited by I1L2T3

6 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Does anybody really think Farage wants to lose his job in Brussels 

Farage is a multimillionaire.

The £78K a year he gets as an MEP is not really much of a consideration, less so with Aaron Banks paying his living expenses including a £6 million home in London.

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The £78K a year he gets as an MEP is not really much of a consideration, less so with Aaron Banks paying his living expenses including a £6 million home in London.

Without the EU he is nothing

6 hours ago, L00b said:

Why would they have to do that? They're going to be MEPs, not MPs. So no such obligation what-so-ever.

I too hope they win en masse. How smart you're all going to look like, as an electorate :lol:

Here's an idea. Let's forget about democracy and vote just in order to appear 'smart' to bitter and rejected europhiles?

However people have voted, democracy has won. Embrace the May 2019 People's Vote as it will confirm that the people still want to Leave the failed EU.

13 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Without the EU he is nothing

The EU thought that.

1 hour ago, retep said:

The EU thought that.

That’s the point. The prospect of staying in the EU has reinvigorated his career, raised his profile and made him the centre of attention again. He loves it

10 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Embrace the May 2019 People's Vote as it will confirm that the people still want to Leave the failed EU.

Will it?

With the Brexit Party and UKIP expected to poll less than 35% of the vote, how is that a confirmation that people want to leave the EU?

16 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Isn't there some issue with Aaron Banks stuffing him all this money while he's a politician though?

Fairly straightforward corruption stuff?

12 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Here's an idea. Let's forget about democracy and vote just in order to appear 'smart' to bitter and rejected europhiles?

However people have voted, democracy has won. Embrace the May 2019 People's Vote as it will confirm that the people still want to Leave the failed EU.

Here's a better idea: wait until you're sober to post, you might waste less bandwidth and server storage  :thumbsup:

If your electorate returns a majority of Brexit MEPs, who by definition are wholly removed from, and so useless to, sovereign prerogatives and procedures of the UK (that includes all Brexit matters, lest you forget), then your electorate has returned a majority of European Parliamentarians without use nor purpose within their areas of attributions and responsibility: they will have zero practical influence on UK Parliamentary arithmetics, and still less on European-level politics as a tiny group of single issue-riding opportunists with a best-before date measured in weeks.

Just like the UKIP MEPs of the past decade and longer, and I still don't know of a better way to squander the political weight associated with your country's size and economy within the EU28.

By definition still, an elected majority of Brexit Party MEPs would be a fair reflection of the British electorate's average political awareness and maturity. So yeah, it's not nice to mock the afflicted and all that...but we'd be having a chuckle all the same.

Edited by L00b

I Will be having a few beers tonight when the Brexit party wipe the floor with the tories and Labour and win the most seats . 

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

I Will be having a few beers tonight when the Brexit party wipe the floor with the tories and Labour and win the most seats . 

then what will they do? take their hypocritical seats in the EU parliament? give us brexit? without any power in this parliament? oh i know...not a lot

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

then what will they do? 

Mairead McGuinness, vice President of the European Parliament has just been on the Channel Four News repeating what was said in Friday, that the Withdrawal agreement is settled and wont be renegotiated so it looks like it is May's deal or revoke Article 50 regardless of how many seats Farage gets.