The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

8 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

Its no surprise to me the Brexit party is doing so well people are fed up with them and want to send a clear message.

They will get a massive vote imo.

They are forecast to get something around 28% of the vote.

Less than 30% is not massive, it is less than a third.

19 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

People on both sides feel let down and angry with the way politicians have failed to sort this out.

Its no surprise to me the Brexit party is doing so well people are fed up with them and want to send a clear message.

They will get a massive vote imo.

The latest polls indicate that they will win the most votes.

Opinium and YouGov now have them on 34%

Edited by apelike

55 minutes ago, apelike said:

But it has not cost the country £66bn though, and that is yours and Magillas big problem. As explained before that is the projected loss taken from projected figures and not an actual loss in monetary terms. 

It is a calculation done by S and P.

I think that it is wiser to place faith in their work, rather than the biased interpretation of a random bloke off the internet. You Brexiters just don’t like it because it lays bare the damage that the leave vote is doing to the country.

Still, blue passports eh.

24 minutes ago, apelike said:

The latest polls indicate that they will win the most votes.

Opinium and YouGov now have them on 34%

That's 2% less than they got in the referendum.

So we're back to the same old thing. Less than 40% of the electorate want to leave the EU yet everyone is busting a gut to make it happen. 

Whatever happened to democracy?

45 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It is a calculation done by S and P.

I think that it is wiser to place faith in their work, rather than the biased interpretation of a random bloke off the internet.

It may be a calculation but what you still seem to fail to understand is that a projected loss is not a real loss in monetary terms and that £60bn is just that, a projected loss taken from a basic business plan projection model. To better understand here is a fictional example; my broker said my shares should give me a 20% dividend profit but they only actually gave me 10% so have I lost money or have I just not made as much as stated?

You Brexiters just don’t like it because it lays bare the damage that the leave vote is doing to the country.

No I dont like it because the figure you gave is simply not true! Despite the referendum we are still doing OK.

Cough...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/26/how-has-brexit-vote-affected-the-uk-economy-march-verdict

Edited by apelike

26 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Whatever happened to democracy?

Its still there but you refuse to accept it by stating only 40% of the electorate want to leave when you know that its actually the percentage of the voters that take part that count. BTW the way the referendum was done and the way the EU elections are done are completely different and cant really be compared.

21 minutes ago, apelike said:

BTW the way the referendum was done and the way the EU elections are done are completely different and cant really be compared.

What you can compare is the percentage of the electorate who support each option.

In both the referendum and almost certainly in the €uro elections, those wishing to leave the EU have been less than 40%. We are going through all this turmoil simply to please a very shouty minority.

We really do need to get a grip.

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What you can compare is the percentage of the electorate who support each option.

No, you compare the percentage of those that actually vote that support each option and we wont know that till its over and done.

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In both the referendum and almost certainly in the €uro elections, those wishing to leave the EU have been less than 40%.

There you go again with that 40%, 40% of what though as you fail to quantify it? 

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

There you go again with that 40%, 40% of what though as you fail to quantify it? 

I don't fail to qualify it. You fail to read the post properly.

40% of those elegible to vote.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

It may be a calculation but what you still seem to fail to understand is that a projected loss is not a real loss in monetary terms and that £60bn is just that, a projected loss taken from a basic business plan projection model. To better understand here is a fictional example; my broker said my shares should give me a 20% dividend profit but they only actually gave me 10% so have I lost money or have I just not made as much as stated?

No I dont like it because the figure you gave is simply not true! Despite the referendum we are still doing OK.

Cough...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/26/how-has-brexit-vote-affected-the-uk-economy-march-verdict

The figures are perfectly true. 

Your argument is hysterical really. The only way to measure the effect of your vote on my economy, is to use estimates. They aren’t guesses, they are estimates. By the reckoning of one of the most reputable financial institutions, your vote has cost us dear.

As for your broker example, if mine did that, he’d be sacked.

Still, those passports eh.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I don't fail to qualify it. You fail to read the post properly.

40% of those elegible to vote.

But you didnt say 40% of those eligible to vote and in any-case it should be judged on those that did vote and not just those who are eligible as those that dont vote dont count.

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

The figures are perfectly true. 

The figures may be perfectly true and compiled by a reputable financial institution but it still does not mean that in reality the UK has lost £60bn which is the bit that is not true as we have not lost that.

Your argument is hysterical really. The only way to measure the effect of your vote on my economy, is to use estimates. They aren’t guesses, they are estimates. By the reckoning of one of the most reputable financial institutions, your vote has cost us dear.

I am not making an argument but a logical statement. Yes they are estimates of the difference between what might have been to what is and no more. It still does not mean we have lost £60bn it just means the projected wealth is lower than forecast. Something that has also happened in other places in the EU as well and not exclusively the UK.

As for your broker example, if mine did that, he’d be sacked.

Maybe so but is still does not mean you have lost money though does it?.. Unfortunately you still don't seem to get the idea of what a financial projection is, its one of the first things you learn when making up a business plan in order to secure funding.

Still, those passports eh.

As I don't have one and are not bothered on getting one they could be yellow for all I care.

Now, have a read up on what financial projections are and also about what GDP is as its the actual GDP that counts and determines a countries economic stance. 

Edited by apelike