The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

32 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

He's got no more power to achieve that aim than you or me.

You and me aren't in the same situation, so obviously he has.

33 minutes ago, retep said:

You and me aren't in the same situation, so obviously he has.

Is your vote worth more at election? Are you a high ranking civil servant? 

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Is your vote worth more at election? Are you a high ranking civil servant? 

No and no,  Farage is an MEP so obviously higher ranking than you or I, like it or not he was voted in, we weren't.

11 minutes ago, retep said:

No and no,  Farage is an MEP so obviously higher ranking than you or I, like it or not he was voted in, we weren't.

How can he make brexit work, over and above me and you? Hes not going to show up to much st Brussels , im not sure May (or corbyn) will listen to him and the EU think hes a ****. 

Unless of course you're suggesting MEPs do have power and influence, which makes everything farage says is a load of rubbish.

Ha ha ha, apparently Fartrage went into meltdown on the Andrew Marr show, whining that the BBC don't invite him into their studios enough.

I was surprised at Marr for being slightly critical of Fartrage. I think Fartrage was too, he must have got used to the bum licking Fiona Bruce gave him on Thursday's QT.

Anyway, here's the said interview with old frog features:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/nigel-farage-has-accused-the-bbc-of-not-giving-him-enough-coverage-and-everyone-is-pointing-out-the-obvious/ar-AABfZuV?ocid=spartandhp

Edited by Mister M

26 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

How can he make brexit work, over and above me and you? Hes not going to show up to much st Brussels , im not sure May (or corbyn) will listen to him and the EU think hes a ****. 

Unless of course you're suggesting MEPs do have power and influence, which makes everything farage says is a load of rubbish.

He shows up enough to make people listen, how often do you or I.

Whether or not Corbwhine or Maybe  listen to him he's not doing either of them a favour at the moment, so I'm sure he has influence.

3 hours ago, retep said:

You may not have noticed but its that same 97% that are all for keeping us tied to the EU, whilst Farage is trying to vote himself out.

The 97% included all the Tory eurosceptic MEP and all the members of the various EU27 eurosceptics parties UKIP is allied with in the EU parliament.

Do you think putting pharmaceutical companies' profits ahead of safer drugs prescribing and saving the NHS money is a good idea - as at least one UKIP MEP did?

1 hour ago, altus said:

The 97% included all the Tory eurosceptic MEP and all the members of the various EU27 eurosceptics parties UKIP is allied with in the EU parliament.

Do you think putting pharmaceutical companies' profits ahead of safer drugs prescribing and saving the NHS money is a good idea - as at least one UKIP MEP did?

Which you omitted in your rantings, 

the NHS and saving money don't go together, probably brought about by those who you revere.

16 minutes ago, retep said:

Which you omitted in your rantings, 

the NHS and saving money don't go together, probably brought about by those who you revere.

Not rantings and I was just pointing out that even eurosceptics can admit that sometimes the Eu has its uses.

During the bird flue scare the UK government spent about £500 million on Tamiflu. A later review of the drug revealed that it would provide no more benefit than a couple of paracetamol. If legislation had been in place at the time the UK government would have saved £500 million on that alone. Knowing other drugs are ineffective would save even more. That's before the issue of drug companies hiding details of dangerous side effects - leading to patient harm.

I revere the people campaigning for the release of full information about drugs trials. You seem to prioritise drug company profits.

"We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time "

Surely that discount Sheffield Forum as the amount of Fake news on this relating to Brexit is out of proportion

On 09/05/2019 at 20:52, Pettytom said:

Nige is on QT tonight.

It is mildly ironic that the BBC sack Danny Baker for a borderline racist tweet, but are happy to give airtime to a proper, old fashioned racist.

Bit harsh on Comrade Corbin that . 

Edited by Penistone999