Owls transfer rumours 2019/20

Massimo Luongo confirmed. Loan deal for Jacob Murphy said to be close. No word on Hector as yet.

It's gone crazy, Bates from Hamburg, Mckenna from Aberdeen. Have we sold the ground or something ?

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Stan's post edited by me:

This, I really can't understand.  :confused:  (I'm not questioning your opinion here) 

We have too many strikers, so one (some) have to go.

So one goes and you (or the club) say we need a striker to replace him???  :confused:

That's IF Rhodes goes to Norwich or Borussia Munchen Glassback or wherever.

Why didn't we keep Joao and let Naarwich have Rhodes?

Is Joao deemed 'not good enough'?

Is Rhodes deemed not good enough?

Is Atdhe a better striker than both of them?

Do we accept that Fletcher is our number 1 striker?

Where does Winnall fit in?

Suppose Rhodes does go near the Turkey Farms, do we still need another striker. or are the 3 or 4 we have left (plus young uns coming through) not considered up to the job?

If that's true, why let 2 go that I, and many others think, are maybe very good options, and keep the 'lesser options'?

Why don't we just make the lesser options available for transfer?

Like I said, I'm getting more and more confused every day.

Joao, Rhodes and Winnall wunt be a bad strike force for someone else, would they?

There is also 19 year old  Preslav Borukov in the U23 squad, from what I have read he is supposed to be a very promising player. 

Sheffield Wednesday have had a bid turned down for highly-rated Aberdeen centre-half Scott McKenna, The Star understands.

Edited by iansheff

45 minutes ago, iansheff said:

There is also 19 year old  Preslav Borukov in the U23 squad, from what I have read he is supposed to be a very promising player. 

Sheffield Wednesday have had a bid turned down for highly-rated Aberdeen centre-half Scott McKenna, The Star understands.

I'm guessing they are looking for alternatives as Chelsea are holding out for £5m for Hector.

Heard from a guy at work that Hector has joined Stoke but can't see anything about it

8 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Confused with Carter-Vickers from Spurs?

Not sure, wouldn't of thought so but first I've heard of the player you've mentioned.

OWLS SEAL MURPHY LOAN

Sheffield Wednesday sign winger Jacob Murphy on a season-long loan from Newcastle.

We now have pace down both sides , so  no more excuses,  JR  you have a job to do. get on with it  and we,ll forget the  transfer fee  you cost.

Joking aside  with the players we have, cover in every position,  we should be in among  the  teams chasing the prizes.

David Bates just signed on loan from Hamburg.

Edited by ALAN 58

OWLS BRING IN BATES

Sheffield Wednesday complete the season-long loan signing of David Bates from Hamburg. looks like this is instead of Hector.

Edited by iansheff

8 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

On 07/08/2019 at 12:17, iansheff said:

On one of the sites it is saying  about £3.3m.

Radio Sheffield say £1 million?