Owls transfer rumours 2019/20

Odd how signings are being made without a manager though. Everyone knows who pulls the strings at Hillsborough though to be fair. 

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Reports that Massimo Luongo is having a medical this morning, yet another undisclosed fee.

On one of the sites it is saying  about £3.3m.

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

On one of the sites it is saying  about £3.3m.

Really? Seems abit much to be spending on him, we're going to have a few midfielders with him aswell

According to BBC reporter Andy Giddings, Sheffield Wednesday are now ‘in talks’ with Newcastle United over a loan deal for Jacob Murphy.It was reported yesterday that the winger had received interest from the likes of Derby, Fulham, Huddersfield AND Sheffield Wednesday, but it’s claimed today that the Owls are leading the race.

5 hours ago, iansheff said:

According to BBC reporter Andy Giddings, Sheffield Wednesday are now ‘in talks’ with Newcastle United over a loan deal for Jacob Murphy.It was reported yesterday that the winger had received interest from the likes of Derby, Fulham, Huddersfield AND Sheffield Wednesday, but it’s claimed today that the Owls are leading the race.

If we could get Hector, Murphy and Luongo over the line tomorrow it will have been a decent window.

Any players in will be loans due to the financial situation,Luongo will cost a minimal fee,along the lines of Iorfa, as qpr are keen to get his wage off the books.

Cant see us getting Hector back,the fee is way too stiff @5M Lampard wont do us any favours and chelski have an embargo of their own to overturn,we need a foreward to replace LJ,if as looks likely Rhodes joins Norwich,Hogans just gone to stoke,and leeds are also looking at Kodja on loan our options are narrowing,talk of Burakov having to step up and would have got a run out in the up comming League cup tie,alas that tie may not go ahead now due to Burys financial situation.

Apparently according to SkySports this morning.

• Jacob Murphy is travelling to Yorkshire this morning for a medical with Sheffield Wednesday.The Newcastle winger has agreed a season-long loan deal at Hillsborough.
  • QPR midfielder Massimo Luongo has joined Sheffield Wednesday for an undisclosed fee.

I didn't think there would be any deals between Wednesday and Newcastle after the Bruce saga.

Wednesday have said that the fee being asked for Hector has to be greatly reduced for us to be involved.

As for the statement about 'Wednesday signing players without a Manager',

Lee Bullen said at the RS Manager's Special that he, David Downes and Dean Hughes put player's names forward, gave DC their opinions, and leave it with Chansiri to act on their advice, or to put it aside.

It appears that some of their suggestions (if not all) are bearing fruit.

Shame we haven't got anyone good enough for Chelsea to want to take from us.

If Lampard was Portuguese, he may have taken Joao!!

Ah well, we'll see what happens.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

According to the Daily Record, Sheffield Wednesday and Queens Park Rangers have angered the Aberdeen manager, Derek McInnes, over their bids for Scott McKenna, who has also been linked with Nottingham Forest.

Maybe this is instead of Hector as it says he would be £2m cheaper although it says that he has already flown to Croatia ahead of their Europa League qualifier tonight.

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/aberdeen-boss-fumes-over-sheffield-wednesday-and-qpr-bids-for-scott-mckenna/

Edited by iansheff

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Apparently according to SkySports this morning.

• Jacob Murphy is travelling to Yorkshire this morning for a medical with Sheffield Wednesday.The Newcastle winger has agreed a season-long loan deal at Hillsborough.
  • QPR midfielder Massimo Luongo has joined Sheffield Wednesday for an undisclosed fee.

I didn't think there would be any deals between Wednesday and Newcastle after the Bruce saga.

Newcastle not including him in their 25,  Bruce is splashing the cash and he's having a clear out of the deadwood

Aberdeen insist that anything less than £7m won't buy him.

He's got a great reputation in Scotland (but so had Stevie May)

I'm not so sure, but I'd be inclined to go for McKenna rather than Hector.

Hector (at 26 or 27) is probably not up to Premier League standard, but McKenna, at 22 could turn out to be a fantastic PL Centre Half, and therefore, very saleable.

He could also be another under achiever who's sent back over the border before he's arranged his Mortgage.

It's a difficult one, but I'm sure that Fletcher and Bannan will have advised our 'Recruitment Team' with their knowledge of the lad. If they say yes, then I say yes, but £7m is a Hell of a gamble for an untried English League player (meaning he hasn't played here yet)

Maybe Steve Bruce made some sort of a pact with DC when he left us, that any unwanted player at Newcastle would be made known (and available) to us, as a 'lickle sweetener'  

Edited by Hotmale 1954

11 hours ago, staninoodle said:

we need a foreward to replace LJ,if as looks likely Rhodes joins Norwich 

Stan's post edited by me:

This, I really can't understand.  :confused:  (I'm not questioning your opinion here) 

We have too many strikers, so one (some) have to go.

So one goes and you (or the club) say we need a striker to replace him???  :confused:

That's IF Rhodes goes to Norwich or Borussia Munchen Glassback or wherever.

Why didn't we keep Joao and let Naarwich have Rhodes?

Is Joao deemed 'not good enough'?

Is Rhodes deemed not good enough?

Is Atdhe a better striker than both of them?

Do we accept that Fletcher is our number 1 striker?

Where does Winnall fit in?

Suppose Rhodes does go near the Turkey Farms, do we still need another striker. or are the 3 or 4 we have left (plus young uns coming through) not considered up to the job?

If that's true, why let 2 go that I, and many others think, are maybe very good options, and keep the 'lesser options'?

Why don't we just make the lesser options available for transfer?

Like I said, I'm getting more and more confused every day.

Joao, Rhodes and Winnall wunt be a bad strike force for someone else, would they?

Edited by Hotmale 1954