Owls transfer rumours 2019/20

A little disappointed not to get Hector but Borner looks good so far and Bates has a good rep in that position, we've needed pace for years, we've now got it in abundance, the squad looks far more balanced, its been a good window.

Fulham will be big Hectors next club,they tried to tie up a deal today but the Sessignon deal took an age to sort out,with Onomah bieng part of the deal,it got protracted and they failed to get Hectors transfer sheet in on time

19 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Stan's post edited by me:

This, I really can't understand.  :confused:  (I'm not questioning your opinion here) 

We have too many strikers, so one (some) have to go.

So one goes and you (or the club) say we need a striker to replace him???  :confused:

That's IF Rhodes goes to Norwich or Borussia Munchen Glassback or wherever.

Why didn't we keep Joao and let Naarwich have Rhodes?

Is Joao deemed 'not good enough'?

Is Rhodes deemed not good enough?

Is Atdhe a better striker than both of them?

Do we accept that Fletcher is our number 1 striker?

Where does Winnall fit in?

Suppose Rhodes does go near the Turkey Farms, do we still need another striker. or are the 3 or 4 we have left (plus young uns coming through) not considered up to the job?

If that's true, why let 2 go that I, and many others think, are maybe very good options, and keep the 'lesser options'?

Why don't we just make the lesser options available for transfer?

Like I said, I'm getting more and more confused every day.

Joao, Rhodes and Winnall wunt be a bad strike force for someone else, would they?

Winnall has never had a look in, both him and Rhodes both have very good goal scoring records before they came to Wednesday. He wasn't even on the bench at Reading, yet all managers have persisted with the goal machine Nuhiu

Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall, backed up by Forestieri and Borukov make for a frightening strkeforce. 

Not totally disregarding Nuhiu.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Just read the article below saying Sunderland want Fox and have had an offer turned down.

https://the72.co.uk/143269/sunderland-lining-up-swoop-for-sheffield-wednesday-left-back/

I couldn’t blame him for wanting to go but we’re not well covered in that position.

Edited by Brooker11

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Just read the article below saying Sunderland want Fox and have had an offer turned down.

https://the72.co.uk/143269/sunderland-lining-up-swoop-for-sheffield-wednesday-left-back/

Give him a fair crack of the whip,  get of his back and like the lad says he will always give 100%.  From what i have seen of him he is   as capable  as anyone else we have in that position, and can put a decent cross in without having to cut back and change foot.    Only time will tell.

22 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

Give him a fair crack of the whip,  get of his back and like the lad says he will always give 100%.  From what i have seen of him he is   as capable  as anyone else we have in that position, and can put a decent cross in without having to cut back and change foot.    Only time will tell.

Doesn't deserve the stick he gets, however I'm not sure he's a championship Left back. Bit worrying that we didn't sign one

Under normal circumstances I'd say let him go, a lot of fans have never warmed to him and slate him no matter what, I feel letting him go now would leave us with very little cover in his position.

sunderland have made bids on several Lbs lately and all turned down,Id suspect that after the booing v luton last week Fox has had enough and asked his agent to get him out,cant fault him,weve got some rite morons  who just boo him & shout abuse the entire game,one sits not far from me.

Hes a rough ride here the last two seasons and a bit,contracts up at the end of the season,very big club,get ya self out Foxy

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Under normal circumstances I'd say let him go, a lot of fans have never warmed to him and slate him no matter what, I feel letting him go now would leave us with very little cover in his position.

We shouldn't have let Matt Penney go. He got sent off last night, incidentally.

17 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

We shouldn't have let Matt Penney go. He got sent off last night, incidentally.

He did yes, two yellow cards.