Owls transfer rumours 2019/20

its a shame as he scored a few goals for norwich,played in midfield as well,so if hes such a great player as they said and scores goals wherever hes gone,why let him go cheap,he cant be replaced cheap,also norwich think to match his wages  and he still has a 2 year contract would upset his team,also i think we should sell him if offered 8k plus or if not keep him and build round him

Strong rumours that we have in fact signed ex Brentford RB/RW Moses Odubajo and German defender Julian Borner, these were mentioned in the press at the end of last season.

On 03/06/2019 at 20:40, staninoodle said:

Norwich will have the lowest budget of all the promoted sides,their board have been quite clear that 20M is the max spend to balance the books,Rhodes is a popular member of the squad hence the interest plus he made the commitment to move his family there and really bought into Farkes mantra,the fee would be low if we do a deal,3M ish wed take a huge haircut on the 11M we originally layed out

I thought promoted teams got a big payout from the PL. So how come both Norwich and the Blades are talking about max spending of just 20 million?

7 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I thought promoted teams got a big payout from the PL. So how come both Norwich and the Blades are talking about max spending of just 20 million?

The £150m type money only comes in if you survive the season. Its not just new signings, ground improvements have to be done to meet  premiership standards, floodlights, wage increases etc. Many clubs have gone straight back down having spent millions,  i.e Fulham, and without parachute payments would be in trouble

Apparently German defender Julian Borner signing a 3 year deal for the owls

Wednesday strongly linked with southampton striker,Charlie Austin whose been released,29 yo and had his injury problems,surplus at st marys

9 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Wednesday strongly linked with southampton striker,Charlie Austin whose been released,29 yo and had his injury problems,surplus at st marys

Good goal scorer, not sure I'd be going after injury prone premier League strikers though. Certainly not without selling a few of ours 

10 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Saw this yesterday. Well I guess we don't already have enough strikers so why not add another. Could be useful if his injury troubles are over but only if we can get rid of at least 3 of the current strikers

Read earlier this morning, Wednesday are reportedly ready to make a move for Celtic and Southampton target David Turnbull.

Edited by iansheff

43 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Read this earlier this morning, Wednesday are reportedly ready to make a move for Celtic and Southampton target David Turnbull.

3 million apparently. Gone down the road of paying millions for Scottish players and it go wrong. I'd of thought we'd of been better off spending it on hector unless they are asking alot more

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

3 million apparently. Gone down the road of paying millions for Scottish players and it go wrong. I'd of thought we'd of been better off spending it on hector unless they are asking alot more

If they've got it is rather spend it on a young hungry player with a resale value such as this Scottish kid.

Can't see us having £3m to spend on anyone though