What outdoor games did you play when you were growing up

Kick can.  Also Football in the street, no windows were safe.  :gag::hihi:

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

Yeah, that's pretty much it!

We played that too but there was no ball involved. It was just two teams, one each side of the school football pitch, then they met in the middle and there was a massive scrum and violence ensued. It was banned after a week or two.

I think the object was for one team to get over the opponent's line. So rugby with no rules and without a ball I guess.

Edited by Bilge

Mainly football, but of cricket. British bulldog (none of that foreign muck) and Leaky.

If this question is asked in 20 years time will people answer Call of Duty, Minecraft and FIFA19? 😱

Making Dens, Bow and Arrows, Catapults,  Winter Warmers, Flying home made kites.

And if you were caught short, wiping your backside on a Dockleaf.

Kick can, gatey (footie in the street using gates as goals), marbles, conkers, husky fusky, hide and seek, commando's, cricket, stretch (involved a sheath knife). Used to fly kites on the field at the back of our house.

5 hours ago, Padders said:

Doctors and Nurses..  😍.

Outside?? Cheeky monkey,dead brazen.:nono:

17 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Kick can, gatey (footie in the street using gates as goals), marbles, conkers, husky fusky, hide and seek, commando's, cricket, stretch (involved a sheath knife). Used to fly kites on the field at the back of our house.

My bold. We called it splits and the bigger the knife the better. Several pairs of lads on a flattish piece of grass .. all wearing wellies chucking meat cleavers at each other's feet was a sight to behold. Mind you, not wiping the mud off before returning them to the knife drawer was frowned upon. Oh, and placing a dog turd in the road and betting on what colour car ran over it first. Never did me no harm!! :-)

marbles,scotch arrows,cattapults,delavio,making dens ,kiss catch,climbing the ladders in the middle of hyde park flats,sledging down grass banks on cardboard ,nesting, climbing owt you could climb,garden hopping,we used to travel on the bus for 2p so would go to lodge moor, endcliffe park, we were only 9 to 10, how times have changed.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

And if you were caught short, wiping your backside on a Dockleaf.

Dockleafs were used for rubbing on nettle stings round our way.

2 hours ago, scrapper said:

marbles,scotch arrows,cattapults,delavio,making dens ,kiss catch,climbing the ladders in the middle of hyde park flats,sledging down grass banks on cardboard ,nesting, climbing owt you could climb,garden hopping,we used to travel on the bus for 2p so would go to lodge moor, endcliffe park, we were only 9 to 10, how times have changed.

I thought we , were the only kids to get the 2p ride to lodge moor for nesting and yes we were 9 or 10 at the time 👍

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Dockleafs were used for rubbing on nettle stings round our way.

Used them for both round our way 😂 Also remember when building trolley the only thing my dad did was burn out the 2 holes in the crosspiece for the front axle. Did this with a red hot poker. No drills in them days.  He said he had to do it because it was to dangerous for us to do it , but didn't mind us 4 up and bombing down a hill at 30 mph , with only a wooden handbrake to save us😅😂

Mods please don't move this thread

. It needs to be read by as many people as possible 😊

Spear making and tying a sheath knife on the end for weight and a good point . Tied on with laces from me fathas work boots 

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Used them for both round our way 😂 Also remember when building trolley the only thing my dad did was burn out the 2 holes in the crosspiece for the front axle. Did this with a red hot poker. No drills in them days.  He said he had to do it because it was to dangerous for us to do it , but didn't mind us 4 up and bombing down a hill at 30 mph , with only a wooden handbrake to save us😅😂

Lol - think the only brakes we had on trolleys were shoe leather - pretty much the same when we went sledging only that was in our wellies.

Edited by Longcol