Sheffield council reshuffle

Apparently this bunch of halfwits  have had a reshuffle , with the new focus being on climate change  :hihi::hihi::hihi: .  All this after nationwide news about their tree felling policy :hihi: .

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Apparently this bunch of halfwits  have had a reshuffle , with the new focus being on climate change  :hihi::hihi::hihi: .  All this after nationwide news about their tree felling policy :hihi: .

So let me get this right. You complain about the council because they don't listen to the voters then when they do listen you still complain.

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So let me get this right. You complain about the council because they don't listen to the voters then when they do listen you still complain.

No let me explain . When has climate change  been a big influencer on local elections in Sheffield ?  People in Sheffield are more concerned about the running of the City , climate change would be way down the list of concerns to  local people .  Still , you carry on voting for amateur politicians . Honestly don't you see the irony in this latest policy ?

Edited by hackey lad

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No let me explain . When has climate change  been a big influencer on local elections in Sheffield ?  People in Sheffield are more concerned about the running of the City , climate change would be way down the list of concerns to  local people . 

Not at all. Environmentalists have always said that concern for the environment should be prioritised above all issues and this idea has been gaining more and more support in recent years so yes, the voters of Sheffield are interested.

This is also something that the Council can actually do something about on a local level. It can't stop global warming but it can improve the health of Sheffield's children by controlling emissions in town either by moving over to greener council vehicles or reducing traffic levels and banning certain vehicles from the town centre. It can also encourage cycling by creating and improving cycle lanes and secure parking as well as reducing car use by encouraging public transport.  

Good on 'em! 👍

It certainly would be a shift to be concerned about the public health after their ill thought out tree removal project wouldn't it.

They can start by stopping the disgusting practice of burning rubbish at Bernard Road incinerator. 

25 minutes ago, justme1001 said:

Beggars believe. 🙄

The expression you are trying to use is 'beggars belief'.

10 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Hmmm.   Would it be a Labour council by any chance?

If so then this is clearly an example of listening to the people.

If it was a Tory council then it would be "yet another Tory U-turn".

18 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

They can start by stopping the disgusting practice of burning rubbish at Bernard Road incinerator. 

What would you prefer them to do with it.. Landfill or send it to Malaysia so some children can sort it instead of Veolia? 

14 hours ago, Halibut said:

The expression you are trying to use is 'beggars belief'.

Anything to add to the discussion ?

20 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

If we all stop making it, I’m sure they will stop burning it.

That’s you as well.