Congratulations Liverpool

As I mentioned a year or two ago in another thread English teams are going to make the CL and Europa Cup a procession in the future.

With all their money from TV rights it makes it nigh on impossible for clubs from other countries to compete.

There will always be an exemption to the rule - Ajax this year but I see English clubs having close to complete domination of the CL and especially the Europa Cup for the foreseeable future.

The gap in revenue is only going to get worse in the coming years.

UEFA need to do something urgently otherwise the CL and Europa Cup will eventually fall out of favour with English clubs, a bit like the FA Cup has.

A trophy that is relatively easy to win - only competing against 3 other teams of similar level  and financial means will eventually fall out of favour for prestige.

It will however always be seen as the biggest club trophy of all from the other European countries.

Edited by MAC33

11 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

May be English teams but managed by foreign managers and goals scored by foreign players- as is the Europa Cup final too

This concerns me too, but many of Barcelona's top players won't have been Spanish.

6 hours ago, MAC33 said:

As I mentioned a year or two ago in another thread English teams are going to make the CL and Europa Cup a procession in the future.

With all their money from TV rights it makes it nigh on impossible for clubs from other countries to compete.

There will always be an exemption to the rule - Ajax this year but I see English clubs having close to complete domination of the CL and especially the Europa Cup for the foreseeable future.

The gap in revenue is only going to get worse in the coming years.

UEFA need to do something urgently otherwise the CL and Europa Cup will eventually fall out of favour with English clubs, a bit like the FA Cup has.

A trophy that is relatively easy to win - only competing against 3 other teams of similar level  and financial means will eventually fall out of favour for prestige.

It will however always be seen as the biggest club trophy of all from the other European countries.

Yeah, because Real Madrid, Barca and PSG are completely impoverished. 

6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yeah, because Real Madrid, Barca and PSG are completely impoverished. 

Yeah the Milan clubs and Juventus too. Lol

Look at the Europa Cup match with Frankfurt. I'm pretty sure the income of Chelsea will dwarf that of their opponents.

There are only going to be a few clubs that will be able to compete financially with EPL clubs.

Barca,Real,Bayern,PSG,Bayern and Juventus but for how long?

Each year the disparity in income between the EPL and the other big leagues is ever increasing so the writing is on the wall.

For the Europa Cup the depth of financial imbalance between the leagues is even greater.

English teams are likely to win this trophy most years with their massive financial advantage.

Edited by MAC33

All this money in the game, doesn't guarantee success, its got to be spent wisely

True but money tends to attract the best players.

I did some research on Frankfurt. They are a big club with a stadium of 51 000 capacity that is mostly full.

Their highest paid player is on 37K lol.

I'm sure some Chelsea reserves are on more.

Found this as well.....

The financial might of the Premier League is further confirmed by the enormous disaprity between the wages it pays and those handed out by the rest of Europe. Somewhat surprisingly, the Bundesliga has the second highest wage bill in Europe but it's less than half that of the Premier League, which pays out three million euros a week on average. Germany's €1.35 million average is slightly above Spain and Italy, while, among the 20 highest-paying leagues, German club football continues to have the lowest wage to revenue ratio (50 percent).