Bank card fiasco.

Have to say on nights out round town now I tend not to take much cash nearly everyone takes cards and you don't end up with loads of change in your pocket.Less likely to get mugged too.

9 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Have to say on nights out round town now I tend not to take much cash nearly everyone takes cards and you don't end up with loads of change in your pocket.Less likely to get mugged too.

How so? Have muggers got x-ray vision now?

On 08/05/2019 at 11:50, davyboy said:

It can't be economical for the council to collect such a piddling amount.

Pun intended

Most card services providers now work on % per transaction rather than a fixed fee. 

No. But they do have eyes and will see drunk and wobbly people opening their wallets, purses and pockets with wads of notes when they are paying for a drink or trying to buy some kebab.

They will see people at the cashpoint at the start of the night taking out a big chunk of money.

Now, if those same muggers see a person doing nothing but carrying around a piece of plastic and paying for everything with that - it's not beyond the realms of reality that they simply won't target them for an attack.  

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

How so? Have muggers got x-ray vision now?

I certainly agree Muggers are just chaners out for what ever they can get,  cards, watch, phone and cash being a bonus.  I once got mugged,  I was that skint the Mugger gave me a Sub.  Just jokin. :hihi:

Edited by PRESLEY