BLADES - season tickets etc

I am told 24000 season tickets have been sold, please confirm !

30k - 24k leaves 6k for visiting supporters and am i right in saying that a club must leave an allocation for pay on the day ?

Facts please, no daft comments !

Wouldn't be surprised. Where did you get that figure from ? I wasn't intending to renew my ticket but the thought of not getting to any games at all led me to renew.

Problem is a 32,000 capacity isn't sufficient for a Prem club based in a region that has been deprived of top flight football for donkeys years. There will be a lot of interest from surrounding towns and villages.

13 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Wouldn't be surprised. Where did you get that figure from ? I wasn't intending to renew my ticket but the thought of not getting to any games at all led me to renew.

Problem is a 32,000 capacity isn't sufficient for a Prem club based in a region that has been deprived of top flight football for donkeys years. There will be a lot of interest from surrounding towns and villages.

Your right and all the added premiership blades will be wanting theirs now. Definitely worth getting one as I can't see walk places being too many

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Your right and all the added premiership blades will be wanting theirs now. Definitely worth getting one as I can't see walk places being too many

I know. Personally wasn't fussed either way about next season, didn't enjoy 2007 season one bit. Every game like a circus, with day trippers and media all over. I would imagine it's worse now.

15 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

I know. Personally wasn't fussed either way about next season, didn't enjoy 2007 season one bit. Every game like a circus, with day trippers and media all over. I would imagine it's worse now.

Yea one of the reasons I prefer the championship. I think it was a mistake by the club to wait until you went up to increase the capacity though. Not sure if they've said how much it will cost but I'd of thought it would of been worth doing sooner rather than later

The 24000 ticket sales I mentioned, I heard quoted by Alan Biggs on the Sheffield Live TV channel

Not seen any other reference to this figure either on social media or the papers.

Used to love going to Hillsboro and the lane many years ago, used to get up , a nice day, I know I will go to the football match, can"t do it anymore.. I would dearly have loved to have been at the lane for the Ipswich game, never had a season ticket cus I like to pick my matches..

Shame really, but leave it all to the genuine fans who go every week, meanwhile I will carry on being a armchair fan.

15 hours ago, Padders said:

Used to love going to Hillsboro and the lane many years ago, used to get up , a nice day, I know I will go to the football match, can"t do it anymore.. I would dearly have loved to have been at the lane for the Ipswich game, never had a season ticket cus I like to pick my matches..

Shame really, but leave it all to the genuine fans who go every week, meanwhile I will carry on being a armchair fan.

I was the same. I used to go all over watching football. I only ever get to the Lane these days , one exception was Rotherhams final game in division one 2018.  It's the inevitable result of football hooliganism that blighted our game for decades. I used to love handing over a few quid at the turnstiles, and standing where I wanted. 

I'm told that if you try to buy a ticket for a new ground you'll have to answer questions about the club, your postal address gives  you  away anyway 

Your right, they have capped the season tickets at 24 or 25k. Bramall Lane lower will be exclusively for the away fans which leaves Bramall lane upper tier for  'pay on the day' fans (which is somewhat of a misnomer as they won't be available on the day - you'll have to be registered on the sheffield united system with a local address to avoid away fans going in there).

There is no requirement for us to leave ANY tickets available for pay on the day, clubs like Newcastle  have been all season ticket sales for years.

On 06/05/2019 at 09:19, Runningman said:

I am told 24000 season tickets have been sold, please confirm !

30k - 24k leaves 6k for visiting supporters and am i right in saying that a club must leave an allocation for pay on the day ?

Facts please, no daft comments !

I have read that the figure was  18000+

On 15/05/2019 at 22:36, barry-333 said:

I have read that the figure was  18000+

its more than that all the season tickets were sold that were allowed

On 06/05/2019 at 21:59, Runningman said:

The 24000 ticket sales I mentioned, I heard quoted by Alan Biggs on the Sheffield Live TV channel

Not seen any other reference to this figure either on social media or the papers.

I saw that myself , AB  did say that no more tickets would be on sale till further notice. Although did not say why.  Good luck to those who are lucky enough to get one. 

Edited by ALAN 58