Classic Friendly MOT Station?

As the topic title suggests, I'm looking for an MOT garage for my 1965 MG Midget. I would like to find somewhere (preferably local to S6, but further afield is ok) that's used to dealing with classics but it's been quite a while since I last had anything older tested so I'm a bit out of touch.

Suggests - Vaux Tyres MOT Station in the next side road  above - Tesco's next to wicker

Access via Turn Left at Island Sutherland St.

Edited by DeZeus
.?.

You dont need a garage to be 'Classic Friendly' as your car is exempt from MOT,  you just need a trustworthy one.

I had some work done on my TVR by Malin Motors just off Claywheels Lane and they were excellent. 

http://www.malinmotorbodiessheffield.co.uk/

try highbank servis stn at Loxley have seen many classics been tested there inc mine ..

Leader Road Garage Hillsborough, one of the owners is into his classics has an AH 3000.

On 05/05/2019 at 14:51, EmmaJNation said:

As the topic title suggests, I'm looking for an MOT garage for my 1965 MG Midget. I would like to find somewhere (preferably local to S6, but further afield is ok) that's used to dealing with classics but it's been quite a while since I last had anything older tested so I'm a bit out of touch.

Takes me back to when my '74 Midget failed a MOT only because of a clevis pin hole no longer being round.

I was very ****** off about it at the time!

Reluctantly sold the car before child #1 came along.

Great little cars. Remember spending many happy hours trying to balance the twin SU carbs!

On 03/06/2019 at 11:00, RiffRaff said:

Takes me back to when my '74 Midget failed a MOT only because of a clevis pin hole no longer being round.

I was very ****** off about it at the time!

Reluctantly sold the car before child #1 came along.

Great little cars. Remember spending many happy hours trying to balance the twin SU carbs!

Ihad the same problems with the twin su carbs

on a mini cooper

I’ve been taking my 68 Morris Minor to Valley Road testing station in Meersbrook for many year for both MOTs and general servicing and repairs. Across town from you but Alan who runs the place has always been brilliant. He definitely knows his way round a classic car is very reasonable.  Importantly he’s not prone to mansplaining (this can be a frequent irritation when you’re female and have a classic car!). Good luck 😉