Should vaccination be compulsory?

My g/son was a healthy toddler, starting to speak, could play football and then almost overnight changed after he had the MMR vaccine.

He is now autistic cannot speak but understands every word you say.

I believe his body was overwhelmed by 3 vaccines at once causing his autism.

The solution is to administer the  vaccines one at a time as was the method 50 years ago.

3 at once saves money at the time but my g/son is costing the state a lot  in benefits.

15 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Yes.  It's one of those things for the greater good.  Apparently you need. 95% vaccination rates not to start an epidemic. 

Wasn't the guy who was denigrating it back in the 1990's proved wrong & to have no medical qualifications? 

Why do you need medical qualifications to work out vaccination rates or spread?

You need a statistician/mathematician. 

18 minutes ago, davyboy said:

My g/son was a healthy toddler, starting to speak, could play football and then almost overnight changed after he had the MMR vaccine.

The solution is to administer the  vaccines one at a time as was the method 50 years ago.

3 at once saves money at the time but my g/son is costing the state a lot  in benefits.

Shouldn’t blame vaccinations when the parents’ genetic makeup is at fault. There is no link between vaccines and autism. 

To put it another way, autism didn’t exist fifty years ago?

1 hour ago, ez8004 said:

Why do you need medical qualifications to work out vaccination rates or spread?

You need a statistician/mathematician. 

Shouldn’t blame vaccinations when the parents’ genetic makeup is at fault. There is no link between vaccines and autism. 

To put it another way, autism didn’t exist fifty years ago?

He was denigrating vaccines in general, not vaccination rates and spread. That's why not having any medical qualifications is relevant. 

1 hour ago, davyboy said:

Absolute nonsense. Vaccines do not cause autism. 

Edited by Robin-H

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

He was denigrating vaccines in general, not vaccination rates and spread. That's why not having any medical qualifications is relevant. 

Absolute nonsense. Vaccines do not cause autism. 

Totally agree.

I remember all that hysteria the first time round.  1 doctor happens to make a comment that there are SOME children  by coincidence had the mmr vaccine AND also happened to have autism.

Next thing every yummy mummy and middle class tabloid is screaming out and spreading around this nonsense link between the two factors.   

Oh the horror they would shout.  Tabloid journalists and celebrity talking heads all freely wittering on about complex science that they know sod all about about unchallenged.  Article after article, commentary after commentary, news item after news item.....    Net result was thousands of children failing to receive a life saving vaccine.  

Despite this crap rumour being crushed by multiple experts time and time again all these yummy mummy types protested they knew best and maintained that a doctor said it so it must be true - despite it just being an academic theory. 

Round and round it went for years before people wised up.

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 hours ago, davyboy said:

Very often people seek to find a cause when none is known and interpret events from hearsay or information peddled by solicitors and discredited medics. Its natural to do so and a natural reaction to the shock.

In the 90s more and more parents (like us) realized that there were changes in child development after MMR .

The MMR at the time was given at the age when the greatest development in speech took place. So often the child had already developed some speech. We both saw this

What in fact was shown to be happening was a coincidence in timing of the MMR and the development of speech and social interaction.

The solution you suggest won't work and are easily proved wrong.

Its not something specific in MMR or in neither anything to do with overwhelming te body, there are far more vaccines give more frequently and normally combined in up to 6 vaccines together , typically in the UK:.

diphtheria

tetanus;

whooping cough (pertussis)

polio

Haemophilus influenzae type b,(pneumonia or meningitis) and hepatitis B 

Pneumococcal (PCV) vaccine

Rotavirus vaccine

MenB vaccine

MenC vaccine, given as a single jab containing vaccines against meningitis C

Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)

Children's flu vaccine (annual)

Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine, second dose

4-in-1 pre-school booster, given as a single jab containing vaccines against: diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough (pertussis) and polio

HPV vaccine, which protects against cervical cancer 

3-in-1 teenage booster, given as a single jab containing vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus and polio

MenACWY vaccine, given as a single jab containing vaccines against meningitis A, C, W and Y

MMR is first given at one

There is no scientific process associated with Autism.

Of the thousands of studies made, not one supports this view.

16 hours ago, staninoodle said:

So levels of autism in Russia are far lower then in the west,they banned all GM foods,explain this,

They dont vaccinate their kids,and children that devolp health problems will require pharmacutical help from the state DURR>>>>> cash cow

You can of course produced authoritative peer reviewed reports to substantiate your claims?

Oh, BTW, if you read this report from WHO you will find that Russia has 98% immunisation cover so if you cant get THAT simple fact correct it does seem to make the rest of your claims somewhat spurious

10 hours ago, nikki-red said:

My bold.

But that could be virtually anywhere?
The supermarket, the swimming baths, parks, play areas etc etc? You'd literally have to ban them from leaving the house!

It could be argued that that is what it takes to get the point across

9 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

This is very confusing are you saying that there is a link between  GM foods cause Autism?

What evidence is their that Russia "... dont vaccinate their kids..."?

I read "They dont vaccinate their kids,and children that devolp health problems will require pharmacutical help from the state"?

as Non vaccinated "...children that devolp health problems will require pharmacutical help from the state"?

Am I correct?

There is NO evidence that Russia does not vaccinate their kids, in fact, quite the opposite!!

6 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Totally agree.

I remember all that hysteria the first time round.  1 doctor happens to make a comment that there are SOME children  by coincidence had the mmr vaccine AND also happened to have autism.

Next thing every yummy mummy and middle class tabloid is screaming out and spreading around this nonsense link between the two factors.   

Oh the horror they would shout.  Tabloid journalists and celebrity talking heads all freely wittering on about complex science that they know sod all about about unchallenged.  Article after article, commentary after commentary, news item after news item.....    Net result was thousands of children failing to receive a life saving vaccine.  

Despite this crap rumour being crushed by multiple experts time and time again all these yummy mummy types protested they knew best and maintained that a doctor said it so it must be true - despite it just being an academic theory. 

Round and round it went for years before people wised up.

Didnt you know?  The ignorance of the internet and social media far out trumps scientific qualifications

6 hours ago, alchemist said:

You can of course produced authoritative peer reviewed reports to substantiate your claims?

Oh, BTW, if you read this report from WHO you will find that Russia has 98% immunisation cover so if you cant get THAT simple fact correct it does seem to make the rest of your claims somewhat spurious

It could be argued that that is what it takes to get the point across

There is NO evidence that Russia does not vaccinate their kids, in fact, quite the opposite!!

48% take up,infact western propoganda blames russia for a measles epidemic worldwide and many russian people mistrust western vaccines,im not posting the link ask the WHO yaself,dunno where you found that propoganda but its way outa date.

Youve gotta try harder pal,your just trolling out of date stats,get in the game mate,forget google,try talking with everyday russian people,you may just LEARN something LOL.

Russian sees only a 2% rise forecasting to 2025 in autism,and yet the USA are predicting a rise of 50% in the same period .

Come on is that hard????

Edited by staninoodle

42 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

48% take up,infact western propoganda blames russia for a measles epidemic worldwide and many russian people mistrust western vaccines,im not posting the link ask the WHO yaself,dunno where you found that propoganda but its way outa date.

Youve gotta try harder pal,your just trolling out of date stats,get in the game mate,forget google,try talking with everyday russian people,you may just LEARN something LOL

The measles vaccination rate IN Russia is hovering around 98%. 

The vaccination rate in the neighbouring Ukraine for example dropped to below 40% because of a concerted effort by the Russian government to destabilise the country by having trolls question the legitimacy of vaccines. A measles epidemic in a country where it is facing economic hardship is difficult to handle. 

You can educate yourself by reading the likes of the Lancet. I do question your ability on being able to come to a reasoned and informed opinion if your source is some random person with no credibility on the matter. 

16 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

The measles vaccination rate IN Russia is hovering around 98%. 

The vaccination rate in the neighbouring Ukraine for example dropped to below 40% because of a concerted effort by the Russian government to destabilise the country by having trolls question the legitimacy of vaccines. A measles epidemic in a country where it is facing economic hardship is difficult to handle. 

You can educate yourself by reading the likes of the Lancet. I do question your ability on being able to come to a reasoned and informed opinion if your source is some random person with no credibility on the matter. 

Id prefer to trust proven russian info than anything published by western influenced media which aims soley to sell more of its product by such influence than actually act on behalf of those that are at risk.

The take up of immunisation in the former USSR is still hovering at 48% and falling

Edited by staninoodle

2 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Id prefer to trust proven russian info than anything published by western influenced media which aims soley to sell more of its product by such influence than actually act on behalf of those that are at risk

You really have no idea. Do you know the difference between a peer reviewed scientific paper versus a newspaper. Here is a hint, they are not the same thing. 

6 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Youve gotta try harder pal,your just trolling out of date stats,get in the game mate,forget google,try talking with everyday russian people,you may just LEARN something LOL.

Russian sees only a 2% rise forecasting to 2025 in autism,and yet the USA are predicting a rise of 50% in the same period .

Come on is that hard????

Not posting a link that doesnt exist, what a surprise.  I DID ask WHO, I posted the link!!!!

2017 is out of date?????

The only one trolling here is you "mate"  I HAVE talked to Russians and it will come as no shock to find that they have NO idea of what you are on about!!!!  Unlike you I use google to get the facts not find places that print their rubbish on toilet paper.

You say that Russia predicts a 2% rise over the next 6 years and you believe them?!?

Having a proper "discussion" with people like you is impossible, no matter how much proof you get that the earth is round you will still say its flat.

5 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Id prefer to trust proven russian info than anything published by western influenced media which aims soley to sell more of its product by such influence than actually act on behalf of those that are at risk.

The take up of immunisation in the former USSR is still hovering at 48% and falling

Again you use the term "proven" yet you are unable to produce that proof.  Give us the peer reviewed credible sources and perhaps we can have a proper talk about it