Euro Elections

mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

12 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Why do I need to even spell this out to you?

Do we have control of our own foreign policy? – Yes

Can we declare war unilaterally? - Yes

Do we have control of our own taxes? – Yes

Do we control our own fiscal budget and government spending? - Yes

Do we have a central bank that is not being controlled by the EU that sets interest rates? - Yes

Can we enact monetary policies independent of the EU to react to financial crisis? – Yes (eg quantitative easing)

Do we have a Veto within the EU on areas such as foreign affairs, taxation, justice and the EU budget? – Yes

Is the UK influence on EU legislation insignificant? – Absolutely not, and this is what you leaver type lemmings have been fed.  For EU legislation that requires a majority it needs to meet two criteria.  Firstly, 16/28 member states need to agree.  Secondly, 65% of EU population representation needs to agree.  In other words, generally including the UK, if four countries objects to a certain legislation, it can’t become law.  You have to compromise when dealing multiple members, and the UK has got its way 98% of the time.  98%! This is because negotiations are usually completed amicably like it should be.  So, tell me out of the 2% of legislation we had to accept, which ones do leavers not like.  If you say workers’ rights, I’ll laugh my socks off.

Our Parliament in Westminster is sovereign.  It always has been.  To say otherwise is just delusion and also fundmentally proves the point that you don't know what you are talking about.

So to summarise, L00b was wrong when he said the 29 Brexit MEPs were "irrelevant" then? As I said, either they have influence (as you state) or they're an irrelevance. Both scenarios cannot be true.

Labour really need to sort themselves out! Their spokespeople are looking like idiots in interviews today when being confronted with the uncomfortable fact that supporting Brexit is an electoral disaster for the party! They literally have nothing to say.

24 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Freedom of movement.

Really?  OK, you are just ignorant or deliberately being misleading.

It is CURRENTLY permissible to deport ANY EU citizen out of the UK if they fail to find work in three months along with proof that they have sufficient capital to sustain their lifestyle here.  This is mandated under EU rules.

Now, the UK government out of their OWN volition decides not to enforce them.  So, explain to me whose fault is that?  The EU or our own SOVREIGN government for CHOOSING not to enforce this policy?

Also, migrants from the EU are a NET contributor to the UK economy.  So, because you don’t like foreigners, you want the government to have less tax receipts which translates to less funded public services like the NHS.  So, we should all have a poorer health service because you hate foreigners.

Great, I think I summed you up sufficiently there.

5 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

So to summarise, L00b was wrong when he said the 29 Brexit MEPs were "irrelevant" then? As I said, either they have influence (as you state) or they're an irrelevance. Both scenarios cannot be true.

No, we are both correct.  This is the hard bit for you.  Go read and educate yourself on how the EU creates legislation.  I am refusing to go down to your level.  Keep up or go home.

Edited by ez8004

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That kind of petty nationalism belongs in the past.

It is 2019! 🙄

Yes, let's strive instead for one globalist world. Who needs nations?  

🙄

4 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Really?  OK, you are just ignorant or deliberately being misleading.

It is CURRENTLY permissible to deport ANY EU citizen out of the UK if they fail to find work in three months along with proof that they have sufficient capital to sustain their lifestyle here.  This is mandated under EU rules.

Now, the UK government out of their OWN volition decides not to enforce them.  So, explain to me whose fault is that?  The EU or our own SOVREIGN government for CHOOSING not to enforce this policy?

Also, migrants from the EU are a NET contributor to the UK economy.  So, because you don’t like foreigners, you want the government to have less tax receipts which translates to less funded public services like the NHS.  So, we should all have a poorer health service because you hate foreigners.

Great, I think I summed you up sufficiently there.

I don't buy into the net contribution stats. But even if true, the contribution is from employment which could otherwise have been taken by a UK national and therefore themselves being the net contributor. Employment displacement is not contributing to the economy. If we have skills shortages then we should address them.

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Labour really need to sort themselves out! Their spokespeople are looking like idiots in interviews today when being confronted with the uncomfortable fact that supporting Brexit is an electoral disaster for the party! They literally have nothing to say.

Oh so you admit Labour stood for Brexit now? Maybe all 14%+ should be assigned as leave votes then.

8 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Yes, let's strive instead for one globalist world. Who needs nations?  

🙄

Nobody needs nations in 2019!

7 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I don't buy into the net contribution stats. But even if true, the contribution is from employment which could otherwise have been taken by a UK national and therefore themselves being the net contributor. Employment displacement is not contributing to the economy. If we have skills shortages then we should address them.

Right, yeah, I can see all those leave voting Geordies moving down to Lincolnshire to pick crops.

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

.... is one point of view. Many others would disagree.

A WTO full clean Brexit party won the European elections by an absolutely huge margin. The global capitalists refuse to accept this fact, and are attempting to ignore the will of millions of people YET AGAIN.

RESPECT THE RESULT.

LEAVE THE EU.

Just now, Longcol said:

Right, yeah, I can see all those leave voting Geordies moving down to Lincolnshire to pick crops.

Crop pickers are not net contributors. EU migrants being net contributors is only possible if they are taking higher paid jobs, which in turn is causing displacement of employment.

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The multinationals will  clothe, feed and tend to the needs of the masses?

The corporate agenda that permeates the governing institutions of all of the global economy, such as the EU and the International Monetary Fund (IMF), have sacrosanct rules and regulations that have given more importance to the ‘rights’ and 'freedoms' of big business than the rights and needs of people.

Who needs the nation state when big business controls the world?

We do!

Edited by Car Boot

6 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

A WTO full clean Brexit party won the European elections by an absolutely huge margin.

Yes, a huge margin of minus three million votes! 😂🤣😅😂🤣