Jump to content
mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 


A couple of points for you to take note of.

 

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

 

As this is about an election the following will apply

 

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

 

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Tell me about the Labour position .

 

I think it is a bit more remainy than leavey 

Who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Who knows?

But you’ve just characterised Labour as a leave party.

 

Looks like it isn’t just Corbyn who can’t make his mind up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

But you’ve just characterised Labour as a leave party.

 

Looks like it isn’t just Corbyn who can’t make his mind up.

Their manifesto says they will take us out. Albeit in as wishy washy way as they can manage, in attempt to upset no-one and actually do nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Their manifesto says they will take us out. Albeit in as wishy washy way as they can manage, in attempt to upset no-one and actually do nothing.

Close cooperation.

Customs union.

Single market alignment.

Option of a people’s vote.

 

I don’t think that you can count a vote for Labour as a leave vote.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pettytom said:

Close cooperation.

Customs union.

Single market alignment.

Option of a people’s vote.

 

I don’t think that you can count a vote for Labour as a leave vote.

 

Or a remain vote either, since they pretend they want to honour the 2016 result. A vote for Labour is a vote for Corbyn trying to pretend to be all things to all people so that he can get his hands on power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WiseOwl182 said:

Or a remain vote either, since they pretend they want to honour the 2016 result. A vote for Labour is a vote for Corbyn trying to pretend to be all things to all people so that he can get his hands on power.

That’s precisely the point I was making.

 

A vote for UKIP/Farages fantasy folk/ Green/ Lib Dem are clearly votes to

leave or remain. Tory and Labour votes are more problematic to classify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pettytom said:

That’s precisely the point I was making.

 

A vote for UKIP/Farages fantasy folk/ Green/ Lib Dem are clearly votes to

leave or remain. Tory and Labour votes are more problematic to classify.

Luckily Labour and Tories will only get 15% each and take the kick up the backside they deserve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Voice of reason said:

Luckily Labour and Tories will only get 15% each and take the kick up the backside they deserve.

That’s 30% between them, without even campaigning. Enough to make reading the leave/remain balance a bit tricky, to say the least.

 

 Labour will get more than 15% anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

That’s precisely the point I was making.

 

A vote for UKIP/Farages fantasy folk/ Green/ Lib Dem are clearly votes to

leave or remain. Tory and Labour votes are more problematic to classify.

I'd say a Tory vote was leave, and the Labour vote should be apportioned 50/50 to both sides since nobody really knows what they stand for. I said this earlier in the thread, it's the fairest way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WiseOwl182 said:

I'd say a Tory vote was leave, and the Labour vote should be apportioned 50/50 to both sides since nobody really knows what they stand for. I said this earlier in the thread, it's the fairest way.

I really don’t think it is so simple.

 

I’d vote for the fictitious donkey in a red rosette, usually. I voted Green this morning, to make my remain position clear.

 

I’d expect to see a baseline Tory/Labour vote of maybe 10% regardless of leave/remain viewpoint. After that you’ll see lots of switchers for lots of reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I really don’t think it is so simple.

 

I’d vote for the fictitious donkey in a red rosette, usually. I voted Green this morning, to make my remain position clear.

 

I’d expect to see a baseline Tory/Labour vote of maybe 10% regardless of leave/remain viewpoint. After that you’ll see lots of switchers for lots of reasons.

That works both ways. I voted Green, but support leaving. I just think environmental issues outweigh current domestic problems. I will be minority in that respect though.

The tumbleweed party would have done well, judging by the emptiness of the polling station though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Manifestos supporting Leave, are Labour, Tory, Brexit, UKIP.

Supporting remain are Green and LibDem.

Is that how you propose to call it?

 

Not really, it's not a referendum and so people are voting for those parties for other reasons, except perhaps the brexit party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.