Euro Elections

mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

On 19/05/2019 at 18:07, Car Boot said:

We can only nationalise energy, water and transport once we have left the EU.

You know what you just said is total and complete rubbish right?

The rail networks for example can very easily be placed back into public ownership.  The cheapest way for any government to do it is to let the franchises expire and not put them out to tender again.

Also, how do you explain the nationalising of the banks during the financial crash?  Wait, were we still in the EU when that happened?

On 19/05/2019 at 18:14, Car Boot said:

Here comes the important bit, so read carefully.

The Tories are not going to be in power forever.

In fact, Brexit will destroy them as an electable party. Jeremy knows this. 

Ok, you need a history lesson.  There has NEVER been a government that didn't occupy the centre ground.  It has always been between the centre-left or centre-right.  The Tories or Labour do not have exclusivity of this standing.  Labour is lurching to the left and the Tories to the right.  There is a great void in the middle for the Lib Dems and Change UK to take advantage of.

Edited by ez8004

6 hours ago, ez8004 said:

You know what you just said is total and complete rubbish right?

The rail networks for example can very easily be placed back into public ownership.  The cheapest way for any government to do it is to let the franchises expire and not put them out to tender again.

Also, how do you explain the nationalising of the banks during the financial crash?  Wait, were we still in the EU when that happened?

Ok, you need a history lesson.  There has NEVER been a government that didn't occupy the centre ground.  It has always been between the centre-left or centre-right.  The Tories or Labour do not have exclusivity of this standing.  Labour is lurching to the left and the Tories to the right.  There is a great void in the middle for the Lib Dems and Change UK to take advantage of.

You are still thinking we are in pre-June 2016 times. 

The Leave vote shattered the status quo, the middle ground belongs to the out of touch pampered middle-class. We will have our working class revolt and society will be changed forever.

How are Leavers going to spin this as good news for Brexit in the election?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48347371

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

You are still thinking we are in pre-June 2016 times. 

The Leave vote shattered the status quo, the middle ground belongs to the out of touch pampered middle-class. We will have our working class revolt and society will be changed forever.

Oh yes, your so called working class are getting what they want right?

Bottom line is you don’t know how to get that unicorn you were promised. Just let the grownups sort this out. 

22 hours ago, ez8004 said:

How are Leavers going to spin this as good news for Brexit in the election?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48347371

Oh yes, your so called working class are getting what they want right?

Bottom line is you don’t know how to get that unicorn you were promised. Just let the grownups sort this out. 

The patronising middle class lecturing the working class how to vote. 

T'was always so. 

On thursday there will be another revolt against the rich while the affluent middle class lecture the poor on voting to support their beloved ruling class.

12 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The patronising middle class lecturing the working class how to vote. 

T'was always so. 

On thursday there will be another revolt against the rich while the affluent middle class lecture the poor on voting to support their beloved ruling class.

Farage is the rich. His friends are the rich. You can’t be so blinkered you cannot realise that simple fact.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

On thursday there will be another revolt against the rich 

Led by Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg and funded by Aaron Banks and Vladimir Putin?

Good luck with that one! 😂

Tomorrow I'm going to vote for the nationalisation of energy, water and transport. I'm voting for a Leave party.

If you support the privatisation of services and profits, then you will vote for a Remain party.

8 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Tomorrow I'm going to vote for the nationalisation of energy, water and transport. I'm voting for a Leave party.

Which Leave Party is promising nationalisation? 😵

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

If you support the privatisation of services and profits, then you will vote for a Remain party.

You do realise that the EU would have saved British Steel?

54 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Which Leave Party is promising nationalisation? 😵

Labour. Which means that anybody against Brexit should vote LibDem, Green or another Remain party tomorrow, anything but Tory, Labour or the other nutters supporting this farce.

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

Labour. Which means that anybody against Brexit should vote LibDem, Green or another Remain party tomorrow, anything but Tory, Labour or the other nutters supporting this farce.

If anybody can explain Labours brexit policy, they win a prize. They don't know what to say.

I'm done with all of them. Wish we had a 'none of the above' box.

I'll bote Green, as even though I disagree with their brexit policy, there are bigger fish to fry and it will suit as a protest vote for me.

4 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

Why would the eu have saved british steel? they didn't save any of the others.

11 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

I'm voting today to give the poor a pay rise by supporting a Leave party.

If I vote for a Remain supporting party I'm actually voting to give Goldman Sachs a pay rise.