Euro Elections

mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

You're asking the wrong question. Supporting the party is not the same as voting for them and the numbers seem to suggest that the Brexit Party will pick up millions of votes from all the other parties because of their position on leaving the EU. The clue is in the name not the people or policies, which basically amount to one thing - Leave the EU.

They don’t have a clear position on leaving the EU, any more than Labour or the Tories.

But that’s a digression. I’m asking Car Boot specifically, because he is supposed to be a hard left winger but now he is promoting a party with disaster capitalists at its head. And also a party that has racists flocking to it in droves.

Hard to see how that is going to help the workers Tony

You chaps are missing the point. and you know it. The only question is whether you are missing it deliberately.

9 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

And also a party that has racists flocking to it in droves.

He's had it in his hands and, oh... there it is, down on the table. Deftly played. Race of spades.

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

You chaps are missing the point. and you know it. The only question is whether you are missing it deliberately.

Nope you are. You can’t just have Brexit. There is no such thing as just leaving.

Its more snake oil from Farage. And yet again he acts as a lightning conductor for general discontent and protest. 

4 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

He's had it in his hands and, oh... there it is, down on the table. Deftly played. Race of spades.

Twelve people expelled from the Tories for racism and Islamophobia are already campaigning for the Brexit party.

All the same problems Ukip faced will affect the Brexit party. They have grown rapidly without vetting and newspapers will already have a treasure trove of negative stories about members, enough to last years. It’s doomed.

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Nope you are. You can’t just have Brexit. There is no such thing as just leaving.

Its more snake oil from Farage. And yet again he acts as a lightning conductor for general discontent and protest. 

I'm not going to rehash tired old side arguments that you can't win. HMG made a series of promises of what would happen in the event of Leave winning the 2016 Referendum. That's the benchmark, no more and no less and everything outside those promises is negotiable. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/515068/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm not going to rehash tired old side arguments that you can't win. HMG made a series of promises of what would happen in the event of Leave winning the 2016 Referendum. That's the benchmark, no more and no less and everything outside those promises is negotiable. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/515068/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

No. I'm fed up of you brexiters claiming people voted for something that was repeatedly dismissed as project fear by the leave campaigns. They voted for what was promised by the leave campaigns - things you brexiters are keen to distance yourselves from.

Those involved in the leave campaigns don't get to abrogate their responsibility for those promises - the leave voters will judge brexit on whether those promises are kept.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

So you are a BrexitParty supporter?

I am loaning my vote to the Brexit party at the EU parliamentary election. This is because I believe that the ruling class haven't listened to the electorate and have deliberately sought to keep us a member of the protectionist big business trading bloc with Europe in its name.

So we must TELL THEM AGAIN.

1 minute ago, altus said:

No. I'm fed up

And? Unfortunately for you, you need to understand that democracy wins, not your opinion, right or wrong. Life is full of little disappointments that we need to manage, actually and emotionally. 

(I'm far from being a "Brexiteer" by the way, so really don't go there)

28 minutes ago, Tony said:

Different government. Anything it did or said does not bind subsequent governments.

That is a cornerstone of our democracy

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I am loaning my vote to the Brexit party at the EU parliamentary election. This is because I believe that the ruling class haven't listened to the electorate and have deliberately sought to keep us a member of the protectionist big business trading bloc with Europe in its name.

So we must TELL THEM AGAIN.

The Brexit party leaders ARE the elite, just a different competing faction within it.

They will still want to trade with the EU, and they will still want to sign up to most and probably almost all cooperative agreements. But before that they need a huge wedge of disaster capitalism to enrich themselves and entrench their position.

This has always been a battle between different Tory factions with the Lexit crew a sad irrelevant little sideshow.

Sad to see you’ve been suckered in.

5 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Different government. Anything it did or said does not bind subsequent governments.

That is a cornerstone of our democracy

I do enjoy having a little giggle at the logical contortions involved in the ongoing Losers campaign. If only as much emotional energy was put into implementing the outcome of the demos's decision. With respect, you're on the wrong side and making the wrong arguments.

Edited by Tony

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

And? Unfortunately for you, you need to understand that democracy wins, not your opinion, right or wrong. Life is full of little disappointments that we need to manage, actually and emotionally. 

(I'm far from being a "Brexiteer" by the way, so really don't go there)

Apologies if I mistook you for a brexiter but it doesn't change my point that leave voters will judge brexit based on the promises made by the leave campaigns not the warnings they dismissed as project fear.

You shouldn't apologise if I was a "Brexiter" (whatever that is). It is a perfectly respectable opinion.