Euro Elections

mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

4 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Sheffield:

Leave:

Brex: 28.1% (+28.1)

UKIP: 3.9% (-23.8)

Con: 3.4% (-7.4)

Lab: 17.0% (-16.6)

Total: 52.4%

Remain:

Grn: 24.8% (+12.6)

LDem: 18.1% (+8.0)

Total: 42.9%

If you like.

Lumping Labour in with the leavers is fooling nobody but yourself though.

1 minute ago, ez8004 said:

The uneducated need educating.  Go look up how MEPs are won based on vote share.  Then come back and have an informed debate.  Thought I would nip it in the bud to stop you wasting anyone's time.  Thanks.

I know how MEPs are elected, thank you.

The Brexit party is on course for a very strong win. It will win more seats than any other party. In South Staffordshire and North East Lincolnshire it has won more than 50 per cent of the vote in those areas.

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Sheffield:

Leave:

Remain:

Total: 32.9%

Putting Labour in the leave column is very disingenuous desperate, especially with what Labour are saying tonight.

I’ll say again, how MEPs were elected for remain versus leave.  Go educate yourself and then comeback.

6 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The Brexit Party has come out top in Leeds, Sunderland, Newcastle, Cardiff, Sheffield, Rotherham, Kingston Upon Hull, Bolton, Pembrokeshire. Wrexham and Wolverhampton. 

Out of the first 14 areas to declare, the Brexit party has topped the poll in 13 of them.

There is only one party that can take you out of the EU and you have been hell bent on destroying them.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

If you like.

Lumping Labour in with the leavers is fooling nobody but yourself though.

Labour are a leave party. I'm not fooling myself because I'm neutral.

2 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Thornberry: We weren't clear on Brexit

"We are going to get a kicking," says Labour's Emily Thornberry.

"The point is we went into an election where the most important issue was our view on leaving the EU.

"And we were not clear on the one thing people wanted to hear.

"We should have said that any Brexit deal should be put to a confirmatory referendum.

"And that Labour would have campaigned to remain."

Yes,  Labour are a leave party.  I think you have trouble understanding English.

Hint, look at the bit I highlighted in bold for you.

Edited by ez8004

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

If you say so

2 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Putting Labour in the leave column is very disingenuous desperate, especially with what Labour are saying tonight.

I’ll say again, how MEPs were elected for remain versus leave.  Go educate yourself and then comeback.

I know how MEPs get apportioned, thanks for patronising though. It's irrelevant. Vote share is all that counts in a referendum, and let's face it, this is a proxy for a second referendum. All these people wanting a second referendum on the expectation of a remain win will be very disappointed.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

If you say so

D'awww diddums. You sound so upset with the way the results are coming out, being so far from what you wanted and expected. 

One thing is clear the leave voters hadn’t changed their minds. Contrary to the belief of the remain losers. 

7 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Sheffield:

Leave:

Remain:

Total: 42.9%

So everyone who voted Lab/ Con voted on their Brexit preference? Proof please. Also donkey voters, did they ditch their normal party in favour of a leave/remain party depending on their Brexit stance? if so proof please.

3 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

D'awww diddums. You sound so upset with the way the results are coming out, being so far from what you wanted and expected. 

If you say so.

5 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I know how MEPs get apportioned, thanks for patronising though. It's irrelevant. Vote share is all that counts in a referendum, and let's face it, this is a proxy for a second referendum. All these people wanting a second referendum on the expectation of a remain win will be very disappointed.

Current national vote share is as of the time of this post;

Remain - 5,370,525

Leave - 4,158,875