Euro Elections

mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

6 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

The Remain parties - LibDems and Greens were opinion polling at 15 and 10%, so 25% total. Which is less than the referendum and less than the Brexit party.

Those pushing for a second referendum should really have used their superior intellect and formed a Remain party. Dunce Farage managed to do it.

Nice of you to neglect counting the SNP or Plaid Cymru. 

Making very reasonable assumptions that the Tories can be seen as Leave and Labour as remain. The number of Remain MEPs knocks the Leavers out of the park. 

21 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Nice of you to neglect counting the SNP or Plaid Cymru. 

Making very reasonable assumptions that the Tories can be seen as Leave and Labour as remain. The number of Remain MEPs knocks the Leavers out of the park. 

I missed out lots of parties!

Labour are a Leave party, their manifesto says so. They've never said they are a Remain party, unless you can point out where they say otherwise?

2 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

I missed out lots of parties!

Labour are a Leave party, their manifesto says so. They've never said they are a Remain party, unless you can point out where they say otherwise?

If you're going to reference literature that is as old as 2017. We should have left the EU on the 29th March. Guess what happened. 

It is a figment of my imagination that a confirmatory vote is being constantly sounded by the Labour Party. 75% of Labour Party members are remainers. Sounds like a remain party to me.

Calling the whole Tory party leavers is a bit generous on my part since 5 million Tory voters are remainers. 

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

Labour are a Leave party, their manifesto says so. 

So when people say that  in 2017, 80% of people voted for leave supporting parties that means that 80% of people support the UK leaving the UK?

To Carboot and his like that claimed there was going to be a surge in right wing nationalism across Europe.

Where is it?

Centre Left / Left Groups, Social Democrats, Nordic Green Left, Greens, Liberal Democrats = 360

Centre Right / Right Groups, European People’s Party, Europe of Conservatives and Reformers, Freedom and Direct Democracy, Nationalists = 350

The grouping of right wing parties are set to have a net loss of 46 seats.  Whereas the left are set to lose none.  Sounds like a trend away from the right to me.  Is the UK really that much of an anomaly according to Carboot?

Edited by ez8004

32 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

You continue letting your little mind believe what it wants. 

If you really can’t see what the political landscape is shaping into, then I can’t help you. 

Why the nasty tone? Unnecessary .

They are saying they'll implement Leave by a customs union. That is their stated policy in this election.

2 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Why the nasty tone? Unnecessary .

They are saying they'll implement Leave by a customs union. That is their stated policy in this election.

Lets try and join the dots together shall we?  What are the chances that leaving with the customs union will get through Parliament?  Seriously, tell me the odds.  Based on that answer, the natural conclusion is that Labour will seek a confirmatory vote.  Does this sound like a Brexit supporting party to you?

It wasn't that hard was it?

26 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So when people say that  in 2017, 80% of people voted for leave supporting parties that means that 80% of people support the UK leaving the UK?

No. I was countering the posters assertion that the Labour party support Remain. They claim not to 

1 minute ago, ez8004 said:

Lets try and join the dots together shall we?  What are the chances that leaving with the customs union will get through Parliament?  Seriously, tell me the odds.  Based on that answer, the natural conclusion is that Labour will seek a confirmatory vote.  Does this sound like a Brexit supporting party to you?

It wasn't that hard was it?

Read their manifesto, website and the leaders statement. Or is it lies and smoke and mirrors?

15 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

No. I was countering the posters assertion that the Labour party support Remain. They claim not to 

Read their manifesto, website and the leaders statement. Or is it lies and smoke and mirrors?

I’ve read the Labour manifesto.

It speaks of:

Close cooperation.

Customs Union.

Single market alignment

The option of a people’s vote.

Not exactly a Leave manifesto, more a reluctant move away.

17 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Ok, you can't seem to join dots.  I am not wasting any more time with you.

15 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

They are a leave party at parliamentary level, but crucially not a ‘no deal’ party.

Important distinctions there. 

Basically they support a soft Brexit with a confirmatory vote. That is light years away from the Brexit Party

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

They are a leave party at parliamentary level, but crucially not a ‘no deal’ party.

Important distinctions there. 

Basically they support a soft Brexit with a confirmatory vote. That is light years away from the Brexit Party

But still a leave party.