Euro Elections

mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

7 hours ago, Cyclone said:

You said it was undemocratic to fight against something, now you've changed it to "refuse to implement".  The public can't "refuse to implement", the public don't have the power to implement or not implement anything.

It also can't be undemocratic for MPs to vote as they wish, that's also the basis of our democracy, that our representatives go to parliament and try to represent us.  Democracy doesn't require them to vote in favour of something just because a plebiscite went narrowly in favour of a particular decision.

There is no reason (from a democratic point of view) that the outcome of the advisory referendum must be implemented.

And so far all you've given is your opinion, do you have anything else to bring to this?

It's disingenuous to pretend that the european election is a rerun of the referendum.  Every independent poll recently has shown that remain is now a more popular choice.

Links to this please, or is it just your misguided opinion.

Angel1.

6 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

How can it be wrong to disagree with the results of a national vote? And to want to reverse the decision, or to at least have a confirmatory vote now that many additional details are known?

Both are entirely compatible with the democratic process.

After the next election has been held then, surely we must have a confirmatory vote, yes/no.

Angel1

I’m a Tory Remainer.

For whom should I and my fellow Tories vote for in the forthcoming Euro elections ?

5 minutes ago, Mossway said:

I’m a Tory Remainer.

For whom should I and my fellow Tories vote for in the forthcoming Euro elections ?

Change UK.

7 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Did you see Farage on the Andrew Marr show this morning?  Looks like  you're copying what Andrew Marr said.  Farage answered all the questions well.

He performed like a gibbon, embarrassing.

12 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

I’d be happy with a Norway-style relationship. Said that umpteen times on here.

Obviously I’d be happier with no Brexit but I’m not inflexible.

It’s not the wish of sufficient voters is it. And therein lies the problem that will cripple any attempt to leave, over and over again.

And there was me thinking anything over 50% of a vote gives you a majority.

6 hours ago, Mossway said:

I’m a Tory Remainer.

Liberal Democrats.  The reasoning for this is simple.  Remaining in the EU is the priority over all other policies (not that this point matters for the likes of the Brexit Party since they don't even believe in a manifesto or pledges).  There is only one political party that has been consistently explicit in remaining within the EU.  Not to mention the Liberal Democrats have the support of EU representatives no other party can claim this.

8 hours ago, Mossway said:

I’m a Tory Remainer.

The Green Party.

The Green Party has the support of EU representatives and are the largest UK party in the European Parliament supporting staying in the EU.

8 hours ago, Mossway said:

I’m a Tory Remainer.

Only if you want the Tories to get hammered should you vote for someone else.

If you favour the Tories, why would you want that, as an MEP of any type has no power on whether we leave the EU.

I think it's great that the Liberal Democrats are surging in this and the previous election, but if you don't support them ......

56 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Only if you want the Tories to get hammered should you vote for someone else.

If you favour the Tories, why would you want that, as an MEP of any type has no power on whether we leave the EU.

I think it's great that the Liberal Democrats are surging in this and the previous election, but if you don't support them ......

If you want to vote against leave then there are a few websites giving advice on tactical voting, but LD is looking like the best option in most places.

11 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Did the remain gang run a lie free referendum campaign do you think. Careful with your answer, my fingers are on the keys waiting for your reply. Don't tell little porkies trying to defend the remoaners will you.

Angel1. 

Remain haven't been convicted of breaking electoral law.

12 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Do you have a problem with the English language?  Genuine question as you don't seem to know that a question mark at the end of sentence means that it is a question to you. 

I think he does very well for a Russian, it's not his first language!

8 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

And there was me thinking anything over 50% of a vote gives you a majority.

Not decisive enough.

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

The Green Party.

The Green Party has the support of EU representatives and are the largest UK party in the European Parliament supporting staying in the EU.

May not be the best tactical vote. Lib Dem’s probably best.

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

The Green Party.

Hmm..... Which part of your comment is correct.  None of it.

The Liberal Democrats are part of a commission majority in the European Parliament, the ALDE.  What are the Greens part of?  Nothing, they can't even align their opposition!  Which EU representative has come over to the UK to support the Green Party in the upcoming elections? The leader of the ALDE, Guy Verhofstadt has come and campaigned for the Lib Dems. He also happens to be the Chief Brexit Coordinator in the European Parliament. 

Who have the Greens managed to bring over?

Voting Green is the best way to waste your vote if you want to Remain.  

Please stop spouting rubbish, it is misinformation that is irresponsible. 

Edited by ez8004

12 hours ago, Mossway said:

I’m a Tory Remainer.

Be suspicious of the advice offered by those who support leave. ;)

The best chance of electing most pro-remain MEPs is to vote Lib Dem according to this site.

Edited by altus