Euro Elections

mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

9 hours ago, apelike said:

Not really as non of that applied to the EU referendum as there was no fraud or intimidation.

Er, Jo Cox was murdered by a right wing pro-Brexit terrorist.  Social media was full of threats.

Leave campaigns have been fined for multiple counts of electoral misdeeds.

Are you living on another planet?

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Yes, the members of the ERG

I was thinking all 1400 of them.

Er, Jo Cox was murdered by a right wing pro-Brexit terrorist.  Social media was full of threats.

As you have already stated Jo Cox was murdered by a right wing pro-brexit terrorist. Social media is a different kettle of fish also as not everybody takes part in social media, and those that do it seems can be fairly anonymous and say anything they want whether true or not. Unfortunately that what you get when its all about profit, likes and ratings.

Leave campaigns have been fined for multiple counts of electoral misdeeds.

And so have remain and also the LibDems, but they are as you put it misdeeds and not fraud.

Are you living on another planet?

No its just that I dont spin links about what people think happened just to justify their anti-brexit stance.

5 hours ago, Car Boot said:

British voters rejected this Nazi style tactic and voted to Leave.

They didn't reject the 'Turkey (population 76 million) is joining the EU" nazi style propaganda did they?

Josef Goebbels would have been very proud of that one.

Are the Tories going to maintain their initial stance of not campaigning in these elections?

One way to hid the fact they are going to get demolished. 

Edited by ez8004

1 hour ago, apelike said:

As you have already stated Jo Cox was murdered by a right wing pro-brexit terrorist. Social media is a different kettle of fish also as not everybody takes part in social media, and those that do it seems can be fairly anonymous and say anything they want whether true or not. Unfortunately that what you get when its all about profit, likes and ratings.

And so have remain and also the LibDems, but they are as you put it misdeeds and not fraud.

No its just that I dont spin links about what people think happened just to justify their anti-brexit stance.

All the things I’ve posted are factual.

And, if the remain campaign broke the law too then that makes it even worse and does not cancel out the wrongdoing on the leave side.

5 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Are the Tories going to maintain their initial stance of not campaigning in these elections?

One way to hid the fact they are going to get demolished. 

I don't think they can afford to, AIUI a lot of their major backers are now supporting remain based parties.

I read an article the other week that said there was some doubt whether they'd be able to manage a GE if it were called today, apparently they're skint.

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

I don't think they can afford to, AIUI a lot of their major backers are now supporting remain based parties.

I read an article the other week that said there was some doubt whether they'd be able to manage a GE if it were called today, apparently they're skint.

I shouldn't worry too much, listening to the Brexit committee today, it seems like the decision could soon be taken out of our hands especially if a large ammount of disruptive mep's are elected in two weeks  time.Seems like Macron and increasingly the Spanish are getting fed up with us and are starting think along the lines of just kicking us out.According to the committee,Macron thinks Brexit is having a negative effect on the rest of Europe.Ironic that a French president could  be the one to get Brexit over the line.

22 minutes ago, hgdave said:

I shouldn't worry too much, listening to the Brexit committee today, it seems like the decision could soon be taken out of our hands especially if a large ammount of disruptive mep's are elected in two weeks  time.Seems like Macron and increasingly the Spanish are getting fed up with us and are starting think along the lines of just kicking us out.According to the committee,Macron thinks Brexit is having a negative effect on the rest of Europe.Ironic that a French president could  be the one to get Brexit over the line.

I can see their point.

I think it totally wrong for anyone to vote in an anti EU representative in the European elections.

It would be an embarrassment to be represented by Farage and his clones in the European Parliament.

Whatever your views this is a totally destructive and irresponsible way to register a protest.

Edited by RJRB

It isn’t a protest though. It is a democratic necessity brought about by our bungling Government. Had they done their job correctly, this election wouldn’t be happening.

Save your anger for the Tory negotiating team that failed to get an acceptable deal. They’ve left us in limbo.

You can’t blame people for voting in line with their beliefs, no matter how wrong you consider them to be. 

47 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It isn’t a protest though. It is a democratic necessity brought about by our bungling Government. Had they done their job correctly, this election wouldn’t be happening.

Save your anger for the Tory negotiating team that failed to get an acceptable deal. They’ve left us in limbo.

You can’t blame people for voting in line with their beliefs, no matter how wrong you consider them to be. 

Davies and Rabb basically believed they could go for lunch in Brussels, throw some demands around then come back to their club in London for tea. They never got within a mile of a deal which meant May had to do it herself. Whether you think her deal is poor or not, at least it is one. Davies and Rabb wre a pathetic embarrassment.

There’s a few that I blame including Cameron,Farage,and all the supposedly Brexit Conservative MPs who were not prepared to step up to the plate in a way that Brexit voters might have expected.

We are now left with various factions who are only able to take negative and destructive actions.

A vote for any anti EU candidate into the European Parliament is just another negative and destructive use of a vote.