Hi looking for recomendations for engine removal and replacement after repaire, could do it myself but getting a bit too old and creaky me not the car

What car is it? and can it be taken somewhere? or does it have to be done in situ?

It is a reliant rialto and the engine has to be droped out the repaire needed is a broken piston ring and it can be taken somewhere. I have taken a engine out before myself but as explained i am a bit old and creaky for playing under cars.

Hi Davylad, 

I have a A framework which slots together easy transportable which you could Buy from me else Borrow for a fee...so all you would need as well is a Builders or Electric Hoist to lift Engine out or body off..

No need to take body off engine drops out

I personally have never owned nor worked on any Reliants, such that if I was working blind to begin tackling it, I would have whacked a Trolley Jack under the engine, jack it slightly after loosening off the engine mountings (else or for H&S, consult a Haynes Manual). Then lower it down,  (I suspect you are wishing someone else with experience of doing this job to volunteer to do it)

However, I once had a friend, who welded a skate to a scissor jack to take the engine out on his VWbeetle, for servicing.