Moldy Cheese.

Anyone else on here been sold moldy cheese from Jack Fultons?  The cheese I bought was well in date but wrapped in a way that you would not notice until you open it at home.

Yes.

Some we got for New years day, as you say, wrapped so we didn't see. Bought a few days before but when it was opened, it was way past eating!

No but it once happened with Morrisons.

I emailed them and they added a fiver onto my More account.

Cheese is lovely in Aldi 👍

It's not right to be sold moldy cheese, I would expect better from a retailer. Money back or new piece with an apology should be the right way to go.

Best thing about cheese is you can cut off the mold and munch away. It is a  longish lasting product if you don't mind doing that. Any one do the same?.

Angel1.

I bought some mouldy cheese from Colston Bassett creamery at Christmas.

It was lovely

I won't buy cheese from Aldi.  The first time it was mouldy, no problem took it back and got it exchanged.  The second time it was mouldy and same again, but I'm not doing it for a third time

2 hours ago, jane2008 said:

I won't buy cheese from Aldi.  The first time it was mouldy, no problem took it back and got it exchanged.  The second time it was mouldy and same again, but I'm not doing it for a third time

You got it exchanged. Probably the assistant gave you back the same block of cheese. :hihi:

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

You got it exchanged. Probably the assistant gave you back the same block of cheese. :hihi:

Maybe they did:hihi:.  I'm not risking it again though

14 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Best thing about cheese is you can cut off the mold and munch away. It is a  longish lasting product if you don't mind doing that. Any one do the same?.

On any other day, yes, without doubt.

Problem was, when you have guests and the Ooooh, goes to an Oh! I used a bit of host politeness and binned it.

I’m a cheese lover, but I always thought that if there was a small amount of mold on the cheese it wasn’t safe to eat.

Once I open a packed of cheese after 3 days I find the cheese starts to lose its flavour,  could be how I store it.  I use greaseproof paper to wrap the cheese then I put it in a container, before putting it in the fridge.  I was told never to use cling film.

Any tips on how to store cheese.

My jokes are Cheesey infact they are that old they are getting Mouldy. :hihi: