rspca impossible response

ive been trying to speak to someone at rspca,ring the Sheffield branch and its a tape message to ring the main rspca number,try that and every option you cannot get to speak to anyone ,its all go on line or ring your council  .I think its shocking that you cant speak to anyone in Sheffield or the main number 

Have come across this before, and ended up having to ring - from memory - Leeds.

Strangely, I've heard recently that a friend intended to report a suspected 'puppy farm' near Unstone...I'll try to find out how he fared.

Edit. Transpired that he decided to report his suspicions on line. Was subsequently contacted and told that there was little they could do without 'more' evidence. Appears that they haven't the powers to go and just call unannounced (which is a bit surprising?)

Edited by RiffRaff
Update

You could actually go talk to them in person. They don't man the phones every second of the day. 

We have never had issues with speaking with them either in person or over the phone. 

The Sheffield branch is rescue centre, independent of the main RSPCA. Local branches don’t deal with incidents or reports of cruelty, so you need to ring the national helpline 0300-1234999 for that or use the info here https://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/contactus/reportcruelty

Branches also don’t deal with stray dogs, they are the responsibility of the council dog warden. 

If you want to adopt an animal at Sheffield then you need to call in or ring 0114-2898050 when they’re open - details are on their website.

On 08/05/2019 at 19:02, pushtotalk said:

The Sheffield branch is rescue centre, independent of the main RSPCA. Local branches don’t deal with incidents or reports of cruelty, so you need to ring the national helpline 0300-1234999 for that or use the info here https://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/contactus/reportcruelty

Branches also don’t deal with stray dogs, they are the responsibility of the council dog warden. 

If you want to adopt an animal at Sheffield then you need to call in or ring 0114-2898050 when they’re open - details are on their website.

It is confusing I know but the  above is true.  The sheffield branch cant deal with neglect or cruelty reports and it has to go to the national number  Sheffiled branch do a fantastic job with adoptions and rescues  referred to them by the national branch though